What gpu for sim racing?

zindan

Hi, I wanna start playing sim racing with a steering wheel and everything. What gpu would be sufficient to play on mid/high graphics never below  144fps? Appreciate all replies. :) Thanks. 

Which sim racing and what resolution? 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

4 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

Which sim racing and what resolution? 

I'm guessing 1920x1080 but what do you mean which sim racing? Like you mean which game? 

7 minutes ago, zindan said:

I'm guessing 1920x1080 but what do you mean which sim racing? Like you mean which game? 

ye.

is it the f1 2019 game or is it project cars or iracing

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

1 minute ago, flashiling said:

ye.

is it the f1 2019 game or is it project cars or iracing

Like I wanna race people online. So The f1 2019 game I believe right? 

Just now, zindan said:

Like I wanna race people online. So The f1 2019 game I believe right? 

the f1 games are notorious for having people just play bumpercars in online.

The "pros" play Iracing which is said to be the more realistic sim racing game.

the f1 2019 game isn't very demanding, but Project cars 2 on 1080p gets around 100fps on average on a 1660 super,

i'd suggest a 2060super or if a retailer is selling a 2070 cheap that might be another option.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

the f1 games are notorious for having people just play bumpercars in online.

The "pros" play Iracing which is said to be the more realistic sim racing game.

the f1 2019 game isn't very demanding, but Project cars 2 on 1080p gets around 100fps on average on a 1660 super,

i'd suggest a 2060super or if a retailer is selling a 2070 cheap that might be another option.

Hmm well I can get both games. Alright thanks. That's pretty alright. 2070 would be fine then. 

1 minute ago, zindan said:

Hmm well I can get both games. Alright thanks. That's pretty alright. 2070 would be fine then. 

i've been told that the f1 games are more of an arcade experience than a sim, and other games like project cars 2 and iracing

i've been told that the f1 games are more of an arcade experience than a sim, and other games like project cars 2 and iracing

Hmm, well I'l get many games.
f1 2019
Forza (lates)
Project cars 2

Any other good multiplayer simulating race games?

Just now, zindan said:

f1 2019
Forza (lates)
Project cars 2

this is sadly where my knowledge ends.

I myself want to get into sim racing but have to save some money for vacation and christmas stuff so i can't spend the money without questioning if i need them later on.

Just now, flashiling said:

this is sadly where my knowledge ends.

I myself want to get into sim racing but have to save some money for vacation and christmas stuff so i can't spend the money without questioning if i need them later on.

Sounds good! Thank you.

3 minutes ago, zindan said:

f1 2019
Forza (lates)
Project cars 2

Keep in mind some people say certain games are more arcade (unrealistic) than others and it depends what kind of games you're looking for.

Personally I am quite fond of the Dirt series, (Like Dirt Rally 2.0 looks really good), but these are - as the name suggests - rally games, rather than just racing games. Although I have not played that one myself, I have played Dirt 3 quite a lot.

There is also the new Grid, which looks pretty nice.

F1, Dirt and Grid are all made by Codemasters, but they all three have a bit of a different niche to them.

By the way, this website has a benchmark for F1 2018:

https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_geforce_rtx_2070_super_gaming_x_review,16.html

Which shows at full Ultra settings 1080p you'll want a 2070S at the very least for highest settings 144fps, but I am sure turning down some settings to High will achieve you much more fps, so a 2060S/2070 (for a good price) are both good options.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition is currently -50% on Steam, a 2070s should have no problem playing it at 144fps min with mix settings but that's not needed imo.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

For sims I guess look at

project Cars 2
Assetto Corsa

Both mentioned above but a real serious sim game is called iracing.. i think there is a free version but the main version is a monthly sub i think.. or at least used t obe have not checked it out for some time... 

https://www.iracing.com/

16 minutes ago, caldrin said:

For sims I guess look at

project Cars 2
Assetto Corsa

Both mentioned above but a real serious sim game is called iracing.. i think there is a free version but the main version is a monthly sub i think.. or at least used t obe have not checked it out for some time... 

https://www.iracing.com/

You can become a real serious sim racer in AC, pCars, Dirt Rally, rF2, RaceRoom, GT Motorsports, few more I forgot too. ?‍♂️

Just now, xAcid9 said:

You can become a real serious sim racer in AC, pCars, Dirt Rally, rF2, RaceRoom, GT Motorsports, few more I forgot too. ?‍♂️

haha true but the reason i said iracing was real serious is because they actually do championships and and race series where you can win real money... i don't think the others do that.

57 minutes ago, caldrin said:

haha true but the reason i said iracing was real serious is because they actually do championships and and race series where you can win real money... i don't think the others do that.

Most do, it just whether you're good or not to participate or live close enough to the competition. ?