Anyone knows how to clean white headset?

I've had this headset for almost 2 years now and it's turning to dirty white. Anyone knows how to clean this? Alcohol doesn't work.

IMG_20191217_141743.jpg

11 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

imma be honest with you cheif that looks like rust

im pretty sure the white part is plastic

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

Probably a reaction of the plastic to UV/heat.

You could look into retrobrite, but you would have to disassemble the headset for that (as you want to affected parts on their own).

I'm pretty sure this happens because of the bromine in the plastic, which I believe is there to act as something to against fire and such.

Or it could also be dirt and such that is caught in the pattern of the plastic. This is less likely though, as that wouldn't be this uniform of a yellowing color.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

14 hours ago, yaboistar said:

i can't see anything wrong with the white plastic - look at the metal mesh though

not tryna be rude but its pretty clear off white. he did say "how do i clean a white headset" so I assumed he meant what looks like it was once white, not the black metal mesh

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

Ay yo guys chill. and btw some more info. It probably changed color because I rarely use it and it's just hanging beside my PC for 2 years. I don't know how to clean it efficiently. Alcohol somehow works but I need to rub it for like 15 mins straight to clean a certain spot.