Bought new PC

c00face

The excitement to put everything together and new GPU. Bought the new COD MW, started Overwatch again, testing out some new MMO. Then I realize, how boring it all is. Is this the effect of old age? Feels like I just wasted money on PC and buying new games. Genuinely starting to lose interest in playing games, it doesn't feel entertaining at all.

11 minutes ago, c00face said:

it doesn't feel entertaining at all.

Yup, we all get there sooner or later. Growing up, having a family, age, different hobbies, all contribute to that. 

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

24 minutes ago, c00face said:

The excitement to put everything together and new GPU. Bought the new COD MW, started Overwatch again, testing out some new MMO. Then I realize, how boring it all is. Is this the effect of old age? Feels like I just wasted money on PC and buying new games. Genuinely starting to lose interest in playing games, it doesn't feel entertaining at all.

Try Counter Strike:GO. If i don't play that its the original doom games thru the zandronum port. Play online with doom explorer

What type of game are you interested in other than those mentioned? With respect to aging, games can be compared to wine: some age very well, other's don't. That could explain why you were disappointed. Another thing that could help getting you more excited to play games again could be making sure you have a nice monitor, that can have a great impact as well.

28 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Those games you mention are shit tbh though. But it happens,pretty normal. How old are you?

15 minutes ago, Animal901 said:

Try Counter Strike:GO. If i don't play that its the original doom games thru the zandronum port. Play online with doom explorer

meh. i have counter strike go. im not a big fan of the doom series. played it during the super nintendo days and it wasnt fun then either.

12 minutes ago, greenhorn said:

What type of game are you interested in other than those mentioned? With respect to aging, games can be compared to wine: some age very well, other's don't. That could explain why you were disappointed. Another thing that could help getting you more excited to play games again could be making sure you have a nice monitor, that can have a great impact as well.

i love MMO games. not a lot of good MMO around.

32 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Yup, we all get there sooner or later. Growing up, having a family, age, different hobbies, all contribute to that. 

i think your right. i have new hobbies that has nothing to do with gaming, but hobbies that involves improving my life physically and mentally.

5 minutes ago, c00face said:

So not a boomer :D It happens, you loose interest. Then I like to play completely different games than before to change things up or just skip gaming for a while, plenty to do without it. Have you tried Witcher 3? It pulled me back in to gaming.

7 minutes ago, c00face said:

meh. i have counter strike go. im not a big fan of the doom series. played it during the super nintendo days and it wasnt fun then either.

If you played doom on snes then you didn't really get to enjoy it. Doom on a port lets you play doom like a modern fps. You just use the wad files.  it's pretty fun to do zombie game style servers with other people.. more than 4. When i do csgo its just deathmatch and danger zone, and DZ i play it more as hide and go seek. 

1 hour ago, c00face said:

but hobbies that involves improving my life physically and mentally.

Those are far more important than shoving pixels around on a screen.

I have found that my interest in gaming waxes and wanes, and right now I"m down to playing 1 game (Armoured Warfare) for about 30 minutes a day, sometimes less, as other things have taken interest.

Either it'll come back (your interest) or you'll downsize to a less hardcore system. Worry not about this, all part of life.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

My co worker used to play WoW and is currently enjoying the "classic wow "that's out now. I can't speak for that MMO personally but as a fan of the Elder Scrolls series/lore, Elder Scrolls Online had me hooked in the past.

If you like action RPG's... 2 of my friends and myself just started Path of Exile (free game on steam/standalone) It's been a ton of fun. If you decide you'd want to check it out feel free to PM me and we can group up.

This can happen with anything really.

If you spend money on something you don't have a passion or great desire for you're often left feeling disappointed.

If you have a passion for PC hardware/gaming and you still feel disappointed it's either the games or the hardware itself that are not meeting your standards.

But I somewhat understand where you're coming from. Often certain ideas sound much better in our heads compared to when they actually materialize.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Nvidia RTX 3090 FE - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32GB DDR4 3200MHz - Samsung 980 Pro 250GB NVMe m.2 PCIE 4.0 - 970 Evo 1TB NVMe m.2 - T5 500GB External SSD - Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (Wi-Fi 6) - Corsair H150i Pro RGB 360mm - 3 x 120mm Corsair AF120 Quiet Edition - 3 x 120mm Corsair ML120 - Corsair RM850X - Corsair Carbide 275R - Asus ROG PG279Q IPS 1440p 165hz G-Sync - Logitech G513 Linear - Logitech G502 Lightsync Wireless - Steelseries Arctic 7 Wireless

6 hours ago, c00face said:

You could try playing some drastically different games that previously weren't on your radar on the past. You could try World of Tanks or something like that. 

I've been in a similar situation, during my Senior year of highschool I purposefully sought to demonize video games in order to keep myself from wasting all my time on them and to catch up on school. I was successful, but the following summer was exceedingly boring as I knew I had time and the ability to play video games, but it now just felt wrong to. Fortunately, that summer I went on a missions trip to mexico and spent 6 weeks shoveling sand in the middle of a desert (I had reasons). But here almost two years later I'm still not that comfortable with playing video games. When Apex Legends came out I started playing it since my older brother showed it to me and I thought I would be able to play with him some at a later time, but he stopped playing it soon after he showed it to me and gave me an incredulous look whenever I suggested playing with each other. But I kept playing on my own, but then my laptop degraded to the point where the game was pretty much unplayable. So now i'm back to playing no games again. I also want a new computer, firstly because I don't want the current setup I have now. A gaming laptop from 2015 with a battery life of an hour max. Not the best for a college student. I'd much rather have a desktop + laptop (with the current 8 hour or something battery life that is common now) than what I have now. But I don't have much money right now. Secondly, I want a new desktop computer for the purpose of playing these new video games coming out, they look really fun, but I can't possibly think of playing them on my current set up. I am also worried I'm going to get bored with them. And plus I don't have much time to play them anymore since I now have sad anime gf who required lots of attention.