Promoting Live Streams - Charity

Hello Everyone,

Is there a policy for promoting Live Streams to the LTT community? I understand this could get messy. I bring this up because i'm moderating a new Twitch channel which will be hosting a Charity stream in near future. I would love to invite the tech community to participate without looking like a click-baiting shill.

1. Is there an appropriate place to promote streaming communities on the LTT forum?

2. Is there a policy in place for promoting streaming communities?

Thank you,

First build, nothing to see here...

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600  MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro Wifi  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory STORAGE: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + Crucial MX500 500GB 

GRAPHICS: XFX Radeon RX 580 8 GB GTS Black Edition OC+ CASE: Phanteks Eclipse P400S POWER: SeaSonic EVO Edition 620 W Bronze Fully Modular

7 minutes ago, EternalSunKing said:

1. Is there an appropriate place to promote streaming communities on the LTT forum?

2. Is there a policy in place for promoting streaming communities?

1) Advertising of any non LTT/LMG material is against the community standards. 

2) No. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

2 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

2) No. 

Thank you for your quick response.

Do you have any recommendations for promoting this to the LTT community outside of the forum? Can we toss a post at an LTT twitter page? Can I hit up chat during a WAN show stream?

Thank you,

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600  MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro Wifi  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory STORAGE: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + Crucial MX500 500GB 

GRAPHICS: XFX Radeon RX 580 8 GB GTS Black Edition OC+ CASE: Phanteks Eclipse P400S POWER: SeaSonic EVO Edition 620 W Bronze Fully Modular

3 minutes ago, EternalSunKing said:

Thank you for your quick response.

Do you have any recommendations for promoting this to the LTT community outside of the forum? Can we toss a post at an LTT twitter page? Can I hit up chat during a WAN show stream?

Thank you,

Just promote it on Twitter in general, I don't see a reason why you'd need to promote it to only the LTT community. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

16 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

Just promote it on Twitter in general, I don't see a reason why you'd need to promote it to only the LTT community. 

I understand and will respect LTT's policies.

I am disappointed that we cannot find an amicable way to promote other communities inside of the LTT forum. There is no doubt in my mind this has been heavily abused in the past leading to your current policies.

Again, thank you for your quick responses. Please enjoy the rest of your day.

No advertising of any non LTT/LMG material.

• eBay/trading sites, personal websites or businesses except where appropriate. (e.g. "Who can do data recovery in Vancouver?", "Anyone know where I can get this part?").
  • No affiliate links unless created by Linus Media Group. Note that the LMG affiliate code will be automatically added to Amazon links.
  • Twitch/Youtube links are only allowed in your own status updates; posting them on other users' profiles or updates is not allowed.

This is from the community standards (found on the toolbar located at the top of the page)

You can add a link to your twitch, for example, in your profile and you can post status updates (on your own profile) with a link to your stream when you're live, just don't create threads to advertise your stuff and don't post links on other people's profiles.

53 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

2) No. 

The rule lets you advertise your stream in your own profile.

9 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

This is from the community standards (found on the toolbar located at the top of the page)

You can add a link to your twitch, for example, in your profile and you can post status updates (on your own profile) with a link to your stream when you're live, just don't create threads to advertise your stuff and don't post links on other people's profiles.

The rule lets you advertise your stream in your own profile.

Thank you, this is very helpful.

1 hour ago, EternalSunKing said:

Thank you, this is very helpful.

Just to make things clear. You can promote Twitch stream in your own status updates. However spammin rules still apply. So once per 24h at most, and even then it can be seen obnoxius if you do it constantly.

Only LMG staff members (or rather only Linus himself) can say if they will plug some random charity stream. They usually don't, and when its done, its by their personal accounts, not as company. So Luke has done it in his streams, same with Colton AFAIK.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv