im trying to bypass region lock on spotify

i wanna bypass region lock on spotify but im not sure if its worth getting a vpn, what happens and is it worth it. and can i use the vpn on my phone so i can download the songs, and then when the vpn is off will i still ave access to the songs? can anyone help me?

Its best to just.. forget about it. You can download songs quite easily. Maybe do that instead. Spotify in general is e h. (i still use it though ?‍♂️)

2 minutes ago, GenericFanboy said:

Its best to just.. forget about it. You can download songs quite easily. Maybe do that instead. Spotify in general is e h. (i still use it though ?‍♂️)

damn i just wanna be able to add anime openings to my spotify, that arent bad recreations (you can call me a weeb idc) i just get so annoyed when i cant get any of them on my spotify.

5 minutes ago, Tnourie666 said:

i wanna bypass region lock on spotify but im not sure if its worth getting a vpn, what happens and is it worth it. and can i use the vpn on my phone so i can download the songs, and then when the vpn is off will i still ave access to the songs? can anyone help me?

If you use a vpn to download the songs, and then disable network access for Spotify, it shouldn't give you any troubles. I recommend that you use ProtonVPN for a free VPN (same people for ProtonMail) or NordVPN/PIA for a paid VPN.

i like trains 🙂

1 minute ago, Tnourie666 said:

damn i just wanna be able to add anime openings to my spotify, that arent bad recreations (you can call me a weeb idc) i just get so annoyed when i cant get any of them on my spotify.

Dont worry fellow weeb. You arent alone. 

region locks are the only legit reason to use a VPN, and why VPNs advertise at X per month but really charge for a three year subscription up front. The old fashioned piracy from sharing drives is the best way. Can't believe we are still sharing floppies it in 2019

Isn't there any other service you could use?

Spotify really worth the cost of paying for a VPN + itself imo.

Try Deezer, Tidal (i highly recommend this one), Apple Music, Qobuz...

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

Just now, 1984_C10 said:

Isn't there any other service you could use?

Spotify really worth the cost of paying for a VPN + itself imo.

Try Deezer, Tidal (i highly recommend this one), Apple Music, Qobuz...

i wanna distance myself from apple as much as humanly possible, and on top of that quboz has a limited amount of songs in comparison, one of the worst offences is that they do not have the soundtrack to made in abyss (i will not use your service unless you at least have that). i'm not sure on how much tidal has compared to spotify but i'm pretty sure that the region lock would still apply

b. they probably don't have all the music i like anyway

14 minutes ago, pierom_qwerty said:

If you use a vpn to download the songs, and then disable network access for Spotify, it shouldn't give you any troubles. I recommend that you use ProtonVPN for a free VPN (same people for ProtonMail) or NordVPN/PIA for a paid VPN.

is proton vpn any good, i have never even heard of it before. and disabling network access is pretty simple right? 

2 minutes ago, Tnourie666 said:

i'm not sure on how much tidal has compared to spotify but i'm pretty sure that the region lock would still apply

b. they probably don't have all the music i like anyway

Its possible that it has a region lock, where are you from?

About the library, its larger than Spotify's by quite a margin, when i migrated from Spotify to Tidal (in 2017) i exported my playlist with Soundiiz and lost one or two songs that i didn't mind that much for a start.

Nowadays the library is larger and has pretty much everything i listen to, some sings i find on Tidal i'm not able to find on Spotify.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

2 minutes ago, Tnourie666 said:

is proton vpn any good, i have never even heard of it before. and disabling network access is pretty simple right? 

I use proton vpn when i am legally torrenting files which are not illegal in any fashion at all of course

Disabling it is very simple, you can do it in spotify's settings lol

i like trains 🙂

2 minutes ago, 1984_C10 said:

Its possible that it has a region lock, where are you from?

About the library, its larger than Spotify's by quite a margin, when i migrated from Spotify to Tidal (in 2017) i exported my playlist with Soundiiz and lost one or two songs that i didn't mind that much for a start.

Nowadays the library is larger and has pretty much everything i listen to, some sings i find on Tidal i'm not able to find on Spotify.

im from america im just concerned that i wont be able to access songs from japan 

1 minute ago, Tnourie666 said:

im from america im just concerned that i wont be able to access songs from japan 

I'm from Brazil, i can check that for you.

What songs/artists you're trying to find?

1 minute ago, 1984_C10 said:

I'm from Brazil, i can check that for you.

What songs/artists you're trying to find?

coda's fighting gold. stuff like that maybe hare hare yukai, anime openings

8 minutes ago, Tnourie666 said:

coda's fighting gold. stuff like that maybe hare hare yukai, anime openings

Fighting Gold unfortunately isn't available, but Hare Hare Yukai is, on some sort of compilation (there's many like this).

https://tidal.com/browse/album/70938620

Edit: waaaaay too many!

https://listen.tidal.com/search/albums?q=japan animesong

1 minute ago, 1984_C10 said:

Fighting Gold unfortunately isn't available, but Hare Hare Yukai is, on some sort of compilation (there's many like this).

https://tidal.com/browse/album/70938620

yeah sadly those aren't what i'm looking for since they aren't the original singers. thanks for checking though. ill probably just try proton vpn to get them onto my liked songs 

24 minutes ago, pierom_qwerty said:

I use proton vpn when i am legally torrenting files which are not illegal in any fashion at all of course

Disabling it is very simple, you can do it in spotify's settings lol

is proton vpn available on iphone?

Just now, Tnourie666 said:

is proton vpn available on iphone?

it is!

i like trains 🙂

4 minutes ago, Tnourie666 said:

yeah sadly those aren't what i'm looking for since they aren't the original singers. thanks for checking though. ill probably just try proton vpn to get them onto my liked songs 

Don't know if that will work however, i've had some japanese released Eliane Elias, T-Square and Casiopea songs on my Spotify account that simply became unavailable after a while, even though they still are available in Japan and "liked" in my account.

I think you'll need to keep the VPN running.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2019 at 9:27 PM, Tnourie666 said:

A VPN won't help, your region on Spotify is based on the country that the card pay the service with is registered. You don't gain access to songs limited to another region just by VPNing urself to that country. For example, you don't get Japan region only songs by VPN yourself to Japan with a UK Spotify account.

Isn't a VPN to circumvent region locks basically piracy?   I mean you may still pay something but it's kinda illegal probably because you were not supposed to access the content because you live in a very unworthy region or something? 

Honestly imo better to not support these practices,  it's like shooting yourself in the foot. Repeatedly. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

• 2 years later...

i know it's old, bad, after years of trying to bypass the region lock on spotify... you need an account made in Japan, with a Japanese card and then you need a VPN and pray it is fast enough to keep you to 320kbps, the best solution i found just use apple music, now with lossless even more than before, it has the biggest official anime (as an actual genre!) catalogue right now

CPU Name: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor @4.25

Motherboard: Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING

RAM: G.Skill Flare X @3200Mhz 14-14-14-34-48-1 (tCAS-tRC-tRP-tRAS-tCS-tCR)