What does "H110S2" mean?

"H110S2" is written on my motherboard. I'm pretty sure H110 indicates the chipset but I have no clue what S2 means, google searching it leads to some Gigabyte STX board.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

5 minutes ago, realpetertdm said:

No, mine's an OEM one.

But my board does look very similar to that one. RAM slot, PCIe port, IO port, CPU socket etc are all in the same places as that Gigabyte board

Gigabyte probably sells a retail and OEM version of the board.

Most manufacturers don't really tell us or make it obvious what all the numbers and letters in the productname mean. This is probably one of those cases, because I don't know what the 'S'  in the productname would mean (maybe S for STX?)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

4 minutes ago, realpetertdm said:

No, mine's an OEM one.

But my board does look very similar to that one. RAM slot, PCIe port, IO port, CPU socket etc are all in the same places as that Gigabyte board

Could very possibly be an OEM board made by Gigabyte? That's my assumption, anyways; what brand is your motherboard if it's got one?

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

6 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

Could very possibly be an OEM board made by Gigabyte? That's my assumption, anyways; what brand is your motherboard if it's got one?

Samsung

Just now, realpetertdm said:

Samsung

Ah. I'd be a little bit surprised if they made their own specific motherboards; that's typically something that Dell, Asus and HP only tend to do. I'm assuming it's an OEM relative to that Gigabyte board (or the Asus board? I'm gonna assume it's Micro-ATX rather than STX, unless I'm incorrect).

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Just now, handymanshandle said:

Ah. I'd be a little bit surprised if they made their own specific motherboards; that's typically something that Dell, Asus and HP only tend to do. I'm assuming it's an OEM relative to that Gigabyte board (or the Asus board? I'm gonna assume it's Micro-ATX rather than STX, unless I'm incorrect).

11 minutes ago, minibois said:

Gigabyte probably sells a retail and OEM version of the board.

Most manufacturers don't really tell us or make it obvious what all the numbers and letters in the productname mean. This is probably one of those cases, because I don't know what the 'S'  in the productname would mean (maybe S for STX?)

My motherboard measures about the same as a STX motherboard, so it could be STX.

This is going to sound really stupid, but I think it has to do with the size of the board. You can look up Gigabyte S1 boards and from what I can see, they're all Micro ATX. So maybe S1 (size 1?) is their reference for MicroATX, S2 is for ATX? Or maybe it has to do with how many RAM channels there are?

[Intel i7 7700K 4.9GHz][Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000MHz][EVGA GeForce GTX 1080Ti 2100MHz][Samsung 970 Plus 1TB][Samsung Evo 850 1TB][ASUS Hero Maximus IX][EVGA Supernova 1000W G+][Rosewill Cullinan]

Nope I was totally wrong, here you go: 
https://superuser.com/questions/91435/gigabyte-motherboards-name-deciphering

It's a way to talk about the boards features. In this case it's the features BIOS has. 

[Intel i7 7700K 4.9GHz][Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000MHz][EVGA GeForce GTX 1080Ti 2100MHz][Samsung 970 Plus 1TB][Samsung Evo 850 1TB][ASUS Hero Maximus IX][EVGA Supernova 1000W G+][Rosewill Cullinan]