My first build finished, few questions for aftermath

Miko55

So I finished my first build. It went pretty smooth with couple mistakes, but everything seems to be working. I am a bit worried about CPU and cooler thing. When I applied thermal paste for first time, after mounting cooler I could see that thermal paste was pushing a bit out on the sides, so I decided to take cooler off and wipe entire thermal paste away with paper towel as best as I could cause I don't have any suitable cleaning stuff for that. Paste was pretty fresh so I managed to clean it off pretty well, at least I think so. BUT there were some spots/marks left of wiping it away on the sides of CPU.

1. So my question here would be, will this be a problem? I went ahead and tried Prime94 stress test with default settings and after hour and half my temps were between 50-60 (Ryzen 3700x).

2. And my second question would be, how to better manage cables. My main problem are 24pin as its bulky and hard to bend so I had to take a "bigger turn" to connect it and cable for GPU that also has another connector for another PCIe and it's just there in the way as it's not connected to anything. Are sleeved cables solution for that?

It's safe unless it was liquid metal TIM. You could soak entire socket in it and it wouldn't be any dangerous, just don't do that. Some part of it squished off the sides are completely okay.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply