How to Keep A Window On Focus?

Muhlis

Hi,

I'm playing an airplane game (from Microsoft Store), which takes time to go from an airport to an airport. When the game is running (the aircraft is flying), sometimes I use Google Chrome for example. When I switch to another window, the game window (not fullscreen, it's windowed) been unfocused and it automatically pauses. How can I make it keep focused? Any opinions?

Thanks. Quite an off-topic post here.

4 hours ago, Muhlis Gursoy said:

Hi,

I'm playing an airplane game (from Microsoft Store), which takes time to go from an airport to an airport. When the game is running (the aircraft is flying), sometimes I use Google Chrome for example. When I switch to another window, the game window (not fullscreen, it's windowed) been unfocused and it automatically pauses. How can I make it keep focused? Any opinions?

Thanks. Quite an off-topic post here.

Some games have an option to pause on focus loss.  If it has that, turn it off.

Does running the game in windowed mode make it behave any differently?

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

2 hours ago, RAS_3885 said:

Some games have an option to pause on focus loss.  If it has that, turn it off.

No, there isn't any option regarding it.

2 hours ago, RAS_3885 said:

Does running the game in windowed mode make it behave any differently?

No, it's the same, it pauses automatically when I switch to any window even if it's full-screen.

What's the name of the game?  You might have to do some searching around if anyone's found a solution.  If it's not readily available in the options menu and full screen/windowed behave the same then you're looking at a more nuanced solution (if one's even possible for that game).

Other games seems to have options buried in a config or .ini file you can change to trick the game into thinking it's always the application with focus.  Will vary heavily from game to game.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15