Im going insane in the waiting game. Do I have the oldest computer here?

Windows95
57 minutes ago, Windows95 said:

https://www.amazon.es/Sabrent-Rocket-Interno-Rendimiento-SB-ROCKET-NVMe4-2TB/dp/B07TN1MNJ4/ref=sr_1_2?__mk_es_ES=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&keywords=sabrent+rocket+2tb&qid=1576425488&s=computers&sr=1-2

seems prety expensive too

the psu, if I ever want to go SLI 2080 supers, wouldn't it be good to have 850w? in case VR headsets stop sucking and resolution is finally good in the future, maybe i just have to get in another 2080 to have smooth fps.

Sure if you ever want go sli, go for the bigger one. 

The sabrent rocket and sp a80 are as good as samsung, so go with whichever is cheaper.

16 hours ago, Windows95 said:

oh I confused that then i thought it was about the CPU

so will AMD 4XXX CPU series introduce some big new technology or will just be like a bit higher cpu clocks and thats it?

No. PCIe 4 was the big tech release. The 3900X utilizes it, and so will Zen 3. 

Really you're talking about waiting a year for like... Maybe lower TDP and a little more performance per core. 

The 3900X is a fantastic CPU that will play games and dominate software for a decade if you want it to. 

6 hours ago, Windows95 said:

why is that PSU better than the corsair one i pusted specifically''?

i cant find it for sale anyway

It's multi rail, which means you'll get better protection. Think of it like breakers for your house; would you prefer a single huge breaker or several smaller breakers to each of your rooms?

My apologies, what country are you located in?

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

7 hours ago, LienusLateTips said:

It's multi rail, which means you'll get better protection. Think of it like breakers for your house; would you prefer a single huge breaker or several smaller breakers to each of your rooms?

My apologies, what country are you located in?

spain

can u recommend me what psu to buy then

also, does notcua dh15 se come with termal paste?

i havent built a computer in 10 years,, i hope i dont fuck it up

how much paste do i use nowadays?

one of my concerns gaming wise, is that in quake live i get microlags.. with the current computer, I get random freezes for some reason, this has happened with random builds, people reported it

My thoughts when upgrading are: What goal is to be reached, what priorities do I have and is there an upgrade-path I can use.

I (we) know that AM4 will go EOL so your actual choice will not have much of an upgrade path. I assume that DDR4 will also be EOL not very long afterwards.

I assume you want the best and fastest your money can buy in order to be on the 'safe site' for a couple of years, while noise is a concern and watercooling a no-go. On the other hand you actually have used the Q6600 for quite some time so even the Ryzen 5 2600 will be a significant improvement over your actual cpu, let alone the almost as cheap R7 2700.

What I actually don't understand is the notorious 'no watercooling' in combination with a top of the nodge (more or less) system setup that usually will not be changed for the next few years to come. Personally I'd go watercooled CPU/GPU without the need to spend much on a dampened case and (in comparision) pretty expensive air-cooling for cpu and graphics in that case. Anytime.

29 minutes ago, Sir0Tek said:

My thoughts when upgrading are: What goal is to be reached, what priorities do I have and is there an upgrade-path I can use.

I (we) know that AM4 will go EOL so your actual choice will not have much of an upgrade path. I assume that DDR4 will also be EOL not very long afterwards.

I assume you want the best and fastest your money can buy in order to be on the 'safe site' for a couple of years, while noise is a concern and watercooling a no-go. On the other hand you actually have used the Q6600 for quite some time so even the Ryzen 5 2600 will be a significant improvement over your actual cpu, let alone the almost as cheap R7 2700.

What I actually don't understand is the notorious 'no watercooling' in combination with a top of the nodge (more or less) system setup that usually will not be changed for the next few years to come. Personally I'd go watercooled CPU/GPU without the need to spend much on a dampened case and (in comparision) pretty expensive air-cooling for cpu and graphics in that case. Anytime.

There are a couple reasons to look at air cooling vs watercooling.  The big one is a ton less maintenance.  If you get an air cooler going right and use a paste that doesn’t break down and arrange for a low dust system you can ignore it for 5 years or more and it will run fine.  AIOs don’t do that.  Custom loops Definitely don’t do that.
Another is cost.  The biggest most expensive air coolers top out at $80 and they go down to $30 for a merely good one.  Water coolers start not that far from $80 and go up.  The cheapest custom loop I’ve ever heard of was $100 and it’s really easy to get to a grand. They do more cooling, but if you don’t need more cooling there’s no reason.  There is a middle area where large air coolers and small water coolers compete and he is approaching that area.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

4 hours ago, Windows95 said:

microlags

single channel ram or slow ram or thermal throttling of cpu/gpu

23 hours ago, Windows95 said:

the psu, if I ever want to go SLI 2080 supers, wouldn't it be good to have 850w? in case VR headsets stop sucking and resolution is finally good in the future, maybe i just have to get in another 2080 to have smooth fps.

Well one: SLI is basically dead at this point. There is almost no support for it, and in most games it hinders your system. Just get one powerful GPU. 

23 hours ago, Windows95 said:

why is that PSU better than the corsair one i pusted specifically''?

The RMx series is great at lower wattage. It is single railed, though. Essentially our PSU guys indicate that you shouldn't go over 650W on a single rail. (It increases risk of failure / can catch fire.)

My advice is again to just get a single powerful GPU and grab a 550-650W RMx. 

Other solid multi-rail units are the BitFenix Gold and Whisper series, the BQ Straight Power 11, and the Corsair RMi series. These would all better support higher wattage. 

7 hours ago, Sir0Tek said:

It makes me very paranoid to have water inside a computer, cant change that.

Anyone knows if Aorus Elite + Dh15 se + Fractal Define r4 will fit?

1 hour ago, trevb0t said:

Well one: SLI is basically dead at this point. There is almost no support for it, and in most games it hinders your system. Just get one powerful GPU. 

The RMx series is great at lower wattage. It is single railed, though. Essentially our PSU guys indicate that you shouldn't go over 650W on a single rail. (It increases risk of failure / can catch fire.)

My advice is again to just get a single powerful GPU and grab a 550-650W RMx. 

Other solid multi-rail units are the BitFenix Gold and Whisper series, the BQ Straight Power 11, and the Corsair RMi series. These would all better support higher wattage. 

There are no rmx v2 versions of 650 wats, lowest is this one:

https://www.pccomponentes.com/corsair-rm750x-v2-750w-80-plus-gold-modular

There are VS and TX models for 650. This is very confusing. ALso aren't RMi older builds han rmx v2?

4 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Looks like a fridge and heats like an oven like 90% of modern junk cases, take a look at the Meshify C/S2, its front is ugly af but at least it'll give you some decent airflow, Cooler Master H500 Mesh is also somewhat good, some budget cases might work too (Rosewill, chinese brands, etc) not really a lot of options nowadays... but it's either that or getting an old model like I did.

If you want silent fans you'll have to get all bequiet fans or get regular fans and undervolt them, did that and tbh the fans are barely audible

Also this

I like the minimalistic look, I dont want windows or annoying RGB stuff. Also its dampened and has anti vibration stuff. Do you have actual tests on DH15 with this case + 3900x to see temps and compare? those cases you mentioned look bad.

Define R6  and S2 are current generation quiet cases. They both feature an interior with unimpeded airflow thru the case. There are versions of the R6 without clear side panels.

CPU coolers like the Dark Rock Pro 4 and NH-D15 are more than up to the task of cooling a 3900X.

Current production NH-D15 are AM4 compatible so there is no need to get the SE version.

I'm not aware of any new cpu coolers that do not include a small tube or pre-applied pad of thermal compound.

RM650X is found at https://www.pccomponentes.com/corsair-rm650x-650w-80-plus-gold-full-modular

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

My memory is that the way quiet cases work there is by definition more impede of airflow due to the required sound baffles.  It can be overcome, but to do it more and higher static pressure fans need to be used.  The general move Iirc is 3 120mm high static pressure fans of the type used for liquid coolers in front, and some more standard case fans aft.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

6 hours ago, brob said:

Define R6  and S2 are current generation quiet cases. They both feature an interior with unimpeded airflow thru the case. There are versions of the R6 without clear side panels.

CPU coolers like the Dark Rock Pro 4 and NH-D15 are more than up to the task of cooling a 3900X.

Current production NH-D15 are AM4 compatible so there is no need to get the SE version.

I'm not aware of any new cpu coolers that do not include a small tube or pre-applied pad of thermal compound.

RM650X is found at https://www.pccomponentes.com/corsair-rm650x-650w-80-plus-gold-full-modular

how would I benefit from buying an r6 vs an r4?

Currently I have 3 fans installed on the r4, that ones that came with it. So i've got 2 on the front, and one on the back. There's room to install more on the top if that helps, but If I haven't needed it with q6660 and it didn't die in 10 years then I expect this build to be cooler and quieter.

also that rm650x doesnt say v2, doesnt that mean its older

The R6 drive mounting system is more flexible leading to much better airflow through the case. If you are satisfied with the R4 there is little reason to change.

Based on part numbers the 750 v2 and 650 are the same generation. Besides, the earlier version has not been made for two years.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.