Incompatibility between B450 Tomahawk Max & 2700X

According to pcpartpicker the ryzen 7 2700X is incompatible with the B450 Tomahawk Max motherboard. I checked on msi’s list of supported cpu’s, and its missing. What makes me find this specially odd is that is supports the 2700 and 2700X pro versions and the 2700 (non pro).
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-TOMAHAWK-MAX/#support-cpu

I mean… the only reason I would see is that pcpartpicker takes its info from msi´s website and msi made a mistake. But if that is so, then I don´t understand the lack of builds using the two.

What else could this be? I was really looking forward to purchasing this combination of items.

Also where can I find the appropriate ubuntu 16.04 drivers for this board?

Thanks

It really doesn't take sense there'd drop the flagship 2nd gen chip from the compatibility versus some other low end shit looked a 200GE

Its probably a mistake

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

4 minutes ago, amdorintel said:

why choose a $100 motherboard and a $300 cpu?

from what i can tell on pcpartspicker, its bios.

get a mobo with bios flashback.

ASUS Tuf Gaming X570 Plus                                       $165

No wifi, solid vrm, good heatsink, t/s leads

real tek lan, solid board for price range.

This is the starting point for the 16 core to o/c.

Actually the 2700X is only 189 USD now. I have considered purchasing a mobo with the X570 chipset, but I really won´t be using many of it´s features. I will still keep it in mind. Thanks

2 minutes ago, Plutosaurus said:

Its probably a mistake

ya i think your right that its probably a mistake.

1 minute ago, Plutosaurus said:

It really doesn't take sense there'd drop the flagship 2nd gen chip from the compatibility versus some other low end shit looked a 200GE

Its probably a mistake

If it is a mistake then its still strange that no build seems to have that combination of items. loads have the tomahawk + ryzen 2700X... None seem the have the Tomahawk max and 2700X

27 minutes ago, MachineLearning said:

If it is a mistake then its still strange that no build seems to have that combination of items. loads have the tomahawk + ryzen 2700X... None seem the have the Tomahawk max and 2700X

I mean, the tomahawk is cheaper generally than the max.

And since the tomahawk has support for the 2700x, people would choose that over the max.

And people buying the max probably specifically choose it for 3rd gen support I dunno man. Give em an email?

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

13 hours ago, Plutosaurus said:

I mean, the tomahawk is cheaper generally than the max.

And since the tomahawk has support for the 2700x, people would choose that over the max.

And people buying the max probably specifically choose it for 3rd gen support I dunno man. Give em an email?

I have sent them an email with two different  questions. They answered the first and seemed to have dodged that second one. I have already sent them an email with only that one question but it´s Sunday, so only tomorrow am I likely getting an answer... if they don´t dodge me again.