Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cl_handsomeboi 1

New problem, Faulty RAM slots.

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Great, a new problem. 2 of the 4 Ram slots that i have are faulty. My pc wont post every time i put a ram stick on the 2 faulty slots. Any help?

BTW mobo is ROG Maximus 2 Gene. And all ram sticks are not faulty. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

first, reseat your CPU. this looks like some pins aren't making proper connection.

 

If that doesn't work, and you're absolutely sure it's not your ram that's the problem, your board is probably bad, but maybe since it's 2 slots it could be about a problem with dual channel, i would maybe try looking into bios settings to see if you can't find anything fucky, and even maybe updating/flashing a new one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Epiclol86 said:

first, reseat your CPU. this looks like some pins aren't making proper connection.

 

If that doesn't work, and you're absolutely sure it's not your ram that's the problem, your board is probably bad, but maybe since it's 2 slots it could be about a problem with dual channel, i would maybe try looking into bios settings to see if you can't find anything fucky, and even maybe updating/flashing a new one.

Alright, I'll try that, ill come back later after im done doing those.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It the ram slot really faulty or just sketchy like mine? No display if you only use 1 stick?


| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cl_handsomeboi 1 said:

There is also a memOK button, will that help? @Epiclol86

 

I don't know the specifics of your board but to me that looks like a quick memory test to see if it works properly i guess. It can probably help you diagnose but it's probably not going to solve your problem...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Epiclol86 said:

I don't know the specifics of your board but to me that looks like a quick memory test to see if it works properly i guess. It can probably help you diagnose but it's probably not going to solve your problem...

oh and also if your system doesn't see the ram the memOK button is going to be useless too...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
11 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

It the ram slot really faulty or just sketchy like mine? No display if you only use 1 stick?

The ram slots that dont work are the 2 on the left. If a ram stick is on one of the 2 left faulty slots the pc wont boot. But if you put the ram sticks on the right, it boots. If you put even 1 on the left faulty slots, the pc wont boot.

 

By me saying my ram slots are faulty; I think it means that the ram stick thats slotted into the ram slots that are faulty, just doesnt communicate with the mobo, resulting in the mobo wont boot bcs it doesnt understand the ram thats slotted into the faulty ram slot, just because anything i touch will be damaged.... :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Update: After reseating the CPU, the RAM problem still goes on. But when I'm reseating the CPU, I noticed a dent on the CPU socket. I thought this was the source to my pc problems but earlier, I moved all the main parts into my older MB that has no dent on the socket, it still wont work so that means the problem isn't coming from the socket.

@Epiclol86

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cl_handsomeboi 1 said:

Update: After reseating the CPU, the RAM problem still goes on. But when I'm reseating the CPU, I noticed a dent on the CPU socket. I thought this was the source to my pc problems but earlier, I moved all the main parts into my older MB that has no dent on the socket, it still wont work so that means the problem isn't coming from the socket.

@Epiclol86

Well then, if it's not the ram and ther problem persists on a good mobo, then the CPU is the only thing left that could cause problems I think...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Epiclol86 said:

Well then, if it's not the ram and ther problem persists on a good mobo, then the CPU is the only thing left that could cause problems I think...

I have 2 cpus (both are same) and none of them fix the problem. I guess I'll just stick to what i have.. ;-;

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×