New problem, Faulty RAM slots.

cl_handsomeboi 1

Great, a new problem. 2 of the 4 Ram slots that i have are faulty. My pc wont post every time i put a ram stick on the 2 faulty slots. Any help?

BTW mobo is ROG Maximus 2 Gene. And all ram sticks are not faulty. 

first, reseat your CPU. this looks like some pins aren't making proper connection.

If that doesn't work, and you're absolutely sure it's not your ram that's the problem, your board is probably bad, but maybe since it's 2 slots it could be about a problem with dual channel, i would maybe try looking into bios settings to see if you can't find anything fucky, and even maybe updating/flashing a new one.

R5 3600x | RTX 3070 | 16Gb 3200mhz | Gigabyte B550 gaming x | 500gb 660p SSD + 1tb wd blue HDD |

Just now, Epiclol86 said:

first, reseat your CPU. this looks like some pins aren't making proper connection.

If that doesn't work, and you're absolutely sure it's not your ram that's the problem, your board is probably bad, but maybe since it's 2 slots it could be about a problem with dual channel, i would maybe try looking into bios settings to see if you can't find anything fucky, and even maybe updating/flashing a new one.

Alright, I'll try that, ill come back later after im done doing those.

1 minute ago, cl_handsomeboi 1 said:

Alright, I'll try that, ill come back later after im done doing those.

@cl_handsomeboi 1 don't forget to @ me if you post again if you want me to see it

R5 3600x | RTX 3070 | 16Gb 3200mhz | Gigabyte B550 gaming x | 500gb 660p SSD + 1tb wd blue HDD |

It the ram slot really faulty or just sketchy like mine? No display if you only use 1 stick?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

2 minutes ago, cl_handsomeboi 1 said:

There is also a memOK button, will that help? @Epiclol86

I don't know the specifics of your board but to me that looks like a quick memory test to see if it works properly i guess. It can probably help you diagnose but it's probably not going to solve your problem...

Just now, Epiclol86 said:

I don't know the specifics of your board but to me that looks like a quick memory test to see if it works properly i guess. It can probably help you diagnose but it's probably not going to solve your problem...

oh and also if your system doesn't see the ram the memOK button is going to be useless too...

11 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

It the ram slot really faulty or just sketchy like mine? No display if you only use 1 stick?

The ram slots that dont work are the 2 on the left. If a ram stick is on one of the 2 left faulty slots the pc wont boot. But if you put the ram sticks on the right, it boots. If you put even 1 on the left faulty slots, the pc wont boot.

By me saying my ram slots are faulty; I think it means that the ram stick thats slotted into the ram slots that are faulty, just doesnt communicate with the mobo, resulting in the mobo wont boot bcs it doesnt understand the ram thats slotted into the faulty ram slot, just because anything i touch will be damaged.... :(

Update: After reseating the CPU, the RAM problem still goes on. But when I'm reseating the CPU, I noticed a dent on the CPU socket. I thought this was the source to my pc problems but earlier, I moved all the main parts into my older MB that has no dent on the socket, it still wont work so that means the problem isn't coming from the socket.

@Epiclol86

1 minute ago, cl_handsomeboi 1 said:

Update: After reseating the CPU, the RAM problem still goes on. But when I'm reseating the CPU, I noticed a dent on the CPU socket. I thought this was the source to my pc problems but earlier, I moved all the main parts into my older MB that has no dent on the socket, it still wont work so that means the problem isn't coming from the socket.

@Epiclol86

Well then, if it's not the ram and ther problem persists on a good mobo, then the CPU is the only thing left that could cause problems I think...

1 minute ago, Epiclol86 said:

Well then, if it's not the ram and ther problem persists on a good mobo, then the CPU is the only thing left that could cause problems I think...

I have 2 cpus (both are same) and none of them fix the problem. I guess I'll just stick to what i have.. ;-;