£700 Computer build First build

AaronWinn

Hi all,

Another excited December computer building noob begging for help. UK based.

I'm looking to build a decent gaming computer to run games at 1080p with the monitor and a wireless network adaptor as the peripherals to include in this price point.

Looking to be able to play a wide range of games on this system but the main games are Rocket League and Civ if that helps at all aha

Basically upgrading because I've had a laptop for around 7 years now that was not built to last anywhere near the length of time that I've been using it, would like to go back to the tower computer life for the sake of finally getting beyond turn 170 on Civ 6 without my laptop fan heating the room by 5 degrees.

Also want to use the computer for basic word processing for Uni but blah blah no more life story.

Thanks for any help, I greatly appreciate it and hope to learn from your advice!

700gbp is $950usd which will make a good pc.

I would suggest going with Ryzen and a decent $150 mobo, and 2x8GB of ram

what storage do you want?

inb4!

1TB+ SSD I think would be about right for me, sorry forgot to address that.

Thanks for the speedy reply!

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.2 GHz 8-Core Processor  (£128.98 @ Laptops Direct) 
Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4-F Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£63.49 @ CCL Computers) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£49.98 @ Aria PC) 
Storage: Pioneer 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£59.49 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: Palit GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6 GB StormX Video Card  (£199.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk) 
Case: Aerocool Bolt ATX Mid Tower Case  (£26.40 @ Amazon UK) 
Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (£49.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Wireless Network Adapter: fenvi FV-8802 PCIe x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter  (£25.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Monitor: AOC G2260VWQ6 21.5" 1920x1080 75 Hz Monitor  (£81.99 @ Ebuyer) 
Total: £686.30
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-12-15 02:30 GMT+0000

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

14 minutes ago, amdorintel said:

prices and availability varies by country, it's never as simple as converting the currency and giving an american list. plus, you completely ignored the monitor request.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£112.26 @ More Computers) 
Motherboard: MSI B450M GAMING PLUS Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£84.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£49.98 @ Aria PC) 
Storage: TCSunBow X3 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£22.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£34.38 @ Aria PC) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6 GB SC ULTRA GAMING Video Card  (£237.46 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Case: Zalman S2 ATX Mid Tower Case  (£31.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk) 
Power Supply: be quiet! System Power 9 500 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (£42.53 @ More Computers) 
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link Archer T4E PCIe x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter  (£27.44 @ Box Limited) 
Monitor: AOC G2260VWQ6 21.5" 1920x1080 75 Hz Monitor  (£81.99 @ Ebuyer) 
Keyboard: Cooler Master Devastator 3 Wired Gaming Keyboard With Optical Mouse  (£43.59 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £769.60
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-12-15 02:34 GMT+0000

I feel like a kid at Christmas this is very nice of you all.

Thank you the lists are super helpful. 

Just a general question

Is there any benefit in waiting to January to see if prices drop or are they unlikely to change on computer parts?

3 minutes ago, AaronWinn said:

I feel like a kid at Christmas this is very nice of you all.

Thank you the lists are super helpful. 

Just a general question

Is there any benefit in waiting to January to see if prices drop or are they unlikely to change on computer parts?

there isn't any sale or release on january IIRC so no point in waiting.

Just now, Herman Mcpootis said:

there isn't any sale or release on january IIRC so no point in waiting.

Okay perfect thank you!

Blind X easily has the best recommendation.  I have no idea why someone would recommend a 200 dollar motherboard for a build at this price point.  That's GPU money.

39 minutes ago, amdorintel said:

Why would you recommend a 2700x and a x570 board that have no effect on gaming performance and then skimp down to an RX 580 when a 2600 with a b450m board would open this build up to a 5700 that would make a night and day improvement in game performance?  

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

1 hour ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

best recommendation.

yup you are right, that was a mistake, i meant to copy the link to the Ryzen 2600 pcpartspicker list, Tomahawk MAX mobo, same ram, cheapest case, cxm psu