High Ryzen temperatures

TTwerty

Hi,

I bought a Ryzen 5 3600x with a Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B cooler.

I get 50-60°c on idle with maybe some internet browsing and 70-92°c while gaming.

I never hear my fans spinning harder even when it's on higher temps.

Are these temps normal?

What is the max temp? 92c max? My 3700x on 280mm aio never reach 92c while gaming.

Disable pbo

update latest bios and chipset driver from Amd. Use Amd Ryzen balance power plan

check the cooler and make sure it is seated properly

Increase the cpu fan speed

how do you apply thermal paste on ryzen 3600x? Center peas no longer works on Ryzen 3000 because Ryzen 3000 die is no longer in the center like Intel cpu and Ryzen 1000 and 2000.

What is the ambient?

Apply offset voltage -.05. You might loose a little bit performance here.

@TTwerty

Hi, 

I have the same problem as yours. I buy new mobo: Gigabyte Auros Elite on B450 Chipset and Ryzen 5 3600X. I installed Arctic Freezer 34 eSports duo cooling on it. Temps on idle fluctuate in the following ranges: 38 - 48 'C. When running benchmarks or an application that requires a lot of CPU, temps reaching 82 'C. 

I also have a sensor installed on the heat sink - it is inserted into the third rib in the heat sink - looking from the processor base. 

Here, the maximum temperature is 34 'C. 

I know that the temperature of the heatsink has nothing to do with the processor itself, however, there is no possibility for such a difference. At 100% cooling is installed correctly. 

AMD issued a statement about the change in temperature measurement on new CPUs but I can't find it anywhere. And I know I've read about it somewhere. 

I also have a second computer with Ryzen 7 2700x CPU with same motherboard and here, even though the processor is more power-consuming, temps under maximum load during rendering do not exceed 67 'C. 

As the article says, higher heat on the 3rd gen's isnt that big of an issue... Another solution to reduce heat is disable PBO and lower the PPT 5-15watts... This will give you minimal performance loss while saving anywhere from 5-10c on your temps