Resetting Windows 10

Heyo,

I found out about the "Reset this PC" option when I was looking for a reformat tutorial and it has an option to keep files. I want to know if it will uninstall any programs/apps when it gets reset this way or lose any files from other hard drives. Or do I lose any files at all from any drives for that matter.

Will it also reset overclocks? RAM, CPU and GPU.

Also, do I need any programs on a USB stick like how normal formatting is done as a prep to do this?

Edited by ImBumi

31 minutes ago, ImBumi said:

Will it also reset overclocks? RAM, CPU and GPU.

Depends on how the overlcocks are set. If in the bios, it won't be touched, if in the os, it will be lost.

32 minutes ago, ImBumi said:

I found out about the "Reset this PC" option when I was looking for a reformat tutorial and it has an option to keep files. I want to know if it will uninstall any programs/apps when it gets reset this way or lose any files from other hard drives. Or do I lose any files at all from any drives for that matter.

I think it only resets the os and program files, and won't touch other drives. But its also good to unplug all other drives when installing windows.

Id probably just use a usb stick to reinstall though.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Depends on how the overlcocks are set. If in the bios, it won't be touched, if in the os, it will be lost.

I think it only resets the os and program files, and won't touch other drives. But its also good to unplug all other drives when installing windows.

Id probably just use a usb stick to reinstall though.

I'm thinking about doing a full format as a last resort. It would take me almost a full 24 hours, which i dont have, to re-install everything. Its been a while since I did the OCs so i can only remember doing the GPU via Afterburner and the others in BIOS.

42 minutes ago, ImBumi said:

I'm thinking about doing a full format as a last resort. It would take me almost a full 24 hours, which i dont have, to re-install everything. Its been a while since I did the OCs so i can only remember doing the GPU via Afterburner and the others in BIOS.

Why do you want to reset then? What issues do you have?

2 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Why do you want to reset then? What issues do you have?

Dropbox issues. Some files wont sync which locks the rest of my files and unlocking them crashes dropbox. My boss is forcing me to reformat.

1 minute ago, ImBumi said:

Dropbox issues. Some files wont sync which locks the rest of my files and unlocking them crashes dropbox. My boss is forcing me to reformat.

If this is for work, don't you have a automated way to deploy all the apps?

But the dropbox issue can probably be fixed on its own.

On 12/15/2019 at 12:13 PM, Electronics Wizardy said:

If this is for work, don't you have a automated way to deploy all the apps?

But the dropbox issue can probably be fixed on its own.

Unfortunately we don't since I work freelance.