I need help with upgrading

CurveyCone

So I've been wanting to buy a second monitor but didn't know if my graphics card would be able to handle it. I have a GTX 960, Intel core i7 4790K 4ghz, 16GB of RAM and a 1080p 60hz monitor. If I get a 144hz 1080p monitor will I be able to use them both or will I have to upgrade my GPU? I mainly play Minecraft, CS:GO, Destiny 2 and Geometry Dash

Do you have the 960 2GB or 960 4GB?

-CS:GO will be absolutely fine, no question.

-Minecraft should run fine. Certain modpacks might need you to turn down your settings.

-In destiny 2, it's either you sacrifice framerate for graphics or vice-versa, don't see any way to get 144hz at 1080p unless you turn down resolution scaling

-Geometry Dash should run fine

If you notice you're getting over 60fps in the games you play at your preferred settings, then switching to the 144hz panel will definitely help. 144Hz panels also help in everyday use, (web browsing etc.) because you moving your mouse allows you to see the difference between 144hz and 60hz

Basically, I'd get it even if some games wouldn't hit >100FPS, because you can always upgrade your GPU later on and it'll be a much more pleasant experience doing stuff on it

1 hour ago, CurveyCone said:

So I've been wanting to buy a second monitor but didn't know if my graphics card would be able to handle it. I have a GTX 960, Intel core i7 4790K 4ghz, 16GB of RAM and

Your GPU can run all of those except destiny 2 at 120fps with decent settings at 1080p

Your GPU doesn't matter for multi monitor displays, it can do 3-4 depending on the model.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?