Vrm need explaning

I have a ryzen 7 2700x cpu and asrock b450m pro4 mobo.

I saw a youtube video that says that because the mobo runs with 3+3 vrm (which is really missleading for new builders cause it has 6+3 choke points but whatever)

It will be hard for the cpu to RUN let alone overclock which kinda scares me....

Can you brighten the topic for me?

Also:

If i dont have an apu (obviously 2700x)

What will the "+3" vrms do? Can i do something to make them be a 6+0?

Thx

Edit: Thats really weird: on asrock website, they say and i quote: "9 power phase design"... But on youtube they says its 3+3...

That has nothing to do with the amount of phases, it's a whole VRM design that matters, it's complicated matter, basically you're looking on the ratings of VRM components and add them up, so say 3-phase VRM with 30A per phase would be better than 6-phase VRM with 10A per phase. That motherboard has rather strong VRM for it's price, it's enough for OC'd R7 2700X.

Some sources\data :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview?sle=true#gid=0

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wmsTYK9Z3-jUX5LGRoFnsZYZiW1pfiDZnKCjaXyzd1o/edit#gid=2112472504&fvid=1925177101

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

1 minute ago, Juular said:

That has nothing to do with the amount of phases, it's a whole VRM design that matters, it's complicated matter, basically you're looking on the ratings of VRM components and add them up, so say 3-phase VRM with 30A per phase would be better than 6-phase VRM with 10A per phase. That motherboard has rather strong VRM for it's price, it's enough for OC'd R7 2700X.

Ahhh that explains a lot.. thx, how do i know what is the amps on each phase in my mobo?

2 minutes ago, ghiaknchi said:

Ahhh that explains a lot.. thx, how do i know what is the amps on each phase in my mobo?

See first link above, it will give you some idea on what to expect from each motherboard, for R7 2700X OC you're looking at smth in between 75A and 100A.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply