New to overclocking

static84

Hello,

I didn't really overclock my GPU by much, but on idle it sits at 59c and at max load or while playing Division 2 it stays at a steady 91c I was wondering if its okay to play at that temperature. 

My Specs

ASUS ROG Strix x570 E 

Ryzen 3700X overclocked to 4.2 GHz

Corsair vengeance 32 GB 3200 Mhz overclocked to 3400 Mhz

980 Ti MSI Gaming 6G 2x

Overclock settings.jpg

it's high but not dangerous, could lower life span by a lot though

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

59c with 79% fan speed on idle? You need to reapply the thermal paste. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Okay, I will revert back to defaults till i can re-paste or buy a new GPU.

Thank you

53 minutes ago, static84 said:

Okay, I will revert back to defaults till i can re-paste or buy a new GPU.

Thank you

Voltage is where you are getting extra heat, +87mv might not be the whole reason the card is getting hot, but if you want to OC and keep it safe, try to overclock memory then core speed with stock voltages, you might not get as high but its safe.  WIth this it likely won't run much hotter and you shouldn't run into these issues.  This is all assuming you don't have another issue holding the cards back like lack of case ventilation, bad thermal paste on GPU dies, etc

You can turn up the "Power Limit" slider, that is not voltage but wattage, on its own not a issue.