Pc does not boot 1 out of 20 times

I have a strange Problem sometimes my pc does not boot into windows it just stops at the start with a blinking - its very rare but it happens (if i press the power button and start it up again it all works fine)

i cant find out why it is doing this i already did run some harddrives checks etc cant find any prob could it be a prob with windows ? but its a very fresh install only like 1 month old 

1 minute ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

Normal Windows shutdown ^^ 

What computer specifications do you have?

1 minute ago, amdorintel said:

What computer specifications do you have?

• CPU
    i7 8700k
  • Motherboard
    Asus strix z370
  • RAM
    32 gb GSkill Rgb 3200
  • GPU
    RTX 2080 Super
  • Storage
    500 Gb SSD Samsung 960 pro
  • Display(s)
    1: acer nitro xv273kp 2: Acer XF270HUA
  • Cooling
    cooler master masterliquid ml240r argb
  • Keyboard
    Razer blackwidow chroma
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga
  • Sound
    Gsp 350
  • Operating System
    Win 10

Could be an issue where it fails to post. I know I use to have this problem with one of my systems. The memory profile I was using wouldn't always successfully post but when it did I had 0 issues. Didn't happen often but it did happen. 

now I may sound like a broken record here, but did you try unplugging EVERYTHING in and out in the pc? you'd be surprised how often that's the case.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

Are you 2x16 or 4x8?

It may be 4x8 at Max xmp speed is too hard on the imc?

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

Just now, Plutosaurus said:

Are you 2x16 or 4x8

4x8 

2 minutes ago, Jumballi said:

now I may sound like a broken record here, but did you try unplugging EVERYTHING in and out in the pc? you'd be surprised how often that's the case.

ye it happens for a long time like 6 months ? its just strange af just wanted to see if maybe someone had the same prob and knows more :D cause i am out of ideas ^^ 

3 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Could be an issue where it fails to post. I know I use to have this problem with one of my systems. The memory profile I was using wouldn't always successfully post but when it did I had 0 issues. Didn't happen often but it did happen. 

Can this develop over time cause the system did run fine with the same bios settings for over a year 

Just now, xhackforeverxdx said:

4x8 

ye it happens for a long time like 6 months ? its just strange af just wanted to see if maybe someone had the same prob and knows more :D cause i am out of ideas ^^ 

Can this develop over time cause the system did run fine with the same bios settings for over a year 

Try increasing dram voltage to 1.4

Or lower speed to 3000 

See if anything changes?

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

3 minutes ago, Plutosaurus said:

Try increasing dram voltage to 1.4

Or lower speed to 3000 

See if anything changes?

Tryed xmp and stock stock it runs at 2400 same prob i was like yay fixed 2 weeks later yeeee xDD its very hard to find out if it helped cause it happens so inconsistent was hoping someone had the same shit and found it out its not a big prob but idk its strange :D and i was sure its the ssd cause of the blank - - -  but yee if the ssd is the prob would there not be the good old no os message

8 minutes ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

Tryed xmp and stock stock it runs at 2400 same prob i was like yay fixed 2 weeks later yeeee xDD its very hard to find out if it helped cause it happens so inconsistent was hoping someone had the same shit and found it out its not a big prob but idk its strange :D and i was sure its the ssd cause of the blank - - -  but yee if the ssd is the prob would there not be the good old no os message

Try removing two sticks and see if that changes anything

1 minute ago, Plutosaurus said:

Try removing two sticks and see if that changes anything

mhh can try that takes a while to know if it helps tho :D i can legit reboot 20 times all good and the next day the first one its broken again xDD thanks for the help anyway will try to keep u updated if that worked ^^

Good luck. Could be the drive too. I had a bad SSD once that screwed up post completely

Just now, Plutosaurus said:

Good luck. Could be the drive too. I had a bad SSD once that screwed up post completely

Well if it stoppes posting for good i will replace the ssd for sure and see if its works on another one :D it just no fun cause the ssd is a m2 one and its below a asus plate and thats blocked by my gpu >_> hahaha 

I hate to be that guy but sometimes shit happens. All electronics do weird shit sometimes and the good ol "power cycle" trick usually does the trick.

Maybe just accept it and move on, LOL.

19/20 is a 95% success rate. Not too bad, LOL

1 minute ago, Plutosaurus said:

I hate to be that guy but sometimes shit happens. All electronics do weird shit sometimes and the good ol "power cycle" trick usually does the trick.

Maybe just accept it and move on, LOL.

19/20 is a 95% success rate. Not too bad, LOL

ye your right :D guess i will just leave it alone if it breaks i can start replacing stuff and maybe it never will fail so whatever :D 

1 minute ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

ye your right :D guess i will just leave it alone if it breaks i can start replacing stuff and maybe it never will fail so whatever :D 

Intermittent, non-reproducable problems are the WORST