Should i upgrade anything for Christmas?

Oakmeal

I think this is the right area to put this in. I am wanting to prop upgrade my pc and i am wondering if i really need to either if someone could tell me what they would upgrade from my pc. I have a MSI z390 Gaming plus motherboard, i7 8700k, Corsair vengeance 3000mhz, RTX 2070 Super,  650W EVA Gold 80+ PSU, 1 m.2 nvm.e Inland premium 1TB one HDD not sure what it is i got it from my friend i forgot, My CPU cooler is a h60 Corsair AIO, Case H500 Coolermaster. I think my sister might get me a i9 9900k, and so my first thought is prop cooler I was thinking Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM AIO. Please and thank you.

Thats a rich sister lol

And yes H100i Platinum is among the best and looks sexy

But as always i have to say good old NHD15 gets the job done better and more silent.

But the build is well done already and should be enough for almost everything maxxxxxxed

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

The system looks just fine as it is. Do you need a high refresh rate monitor, perhaps?

12 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

Looks like a good well balanced build. Any reason to upgrade?

I mean i asked for something she said any Pc part you want and i said If you can maybe a i9 and if nothing else maybe i can sell it and gain like 479$ back and sell my RTX 2070 and get a 2080 ti or something if something goes wrong so but i'll think i'll keep it tbh unless something does happen for some reason.

1 minute ago, Founders said:

The system looks just fine as it is. Do you need a high refresh rate monitor, perhaps?

Oh yea i forgot ot mention that didn't i I guess i should get a G-sync monitor because i had a 5700 XT and i got this MSI 24 curved 1ms 144hz monitor Forgot the name but you may know it but it's for AMD which doesn't matter but it would prop be better with a monitor that is good with a GPU.

15 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

Thats a rich sister lol

And yes H100i Platinum is among the best and looks sexy

But as always i have to say good old NHD15 gets the job done better and more silent.

But the build is well done already and should be enough for almost everything maxxxxxxed

Yea she does have a Really nice job but not like shes gives me a lot lol i had to build this on my own so it's kinda rare.

22 minutes ago, Oakmeal said:

Oh yea i forgot ot mention that didn't i I guess i should get a G-sync monitor because i had a 5700 XT and i got this MSI 24 curved 1ms 144hz monitor Forgot the name but you may know it but it's for AMD which doesn't matter but it would prop be better with a monitor that is good with a GPU.

You can use freesync as long as it is over displayport so no reason to replace a freesync monitor for a gsync one. That being said its probably a VA panel monitor and getting an ips version might be worth it if you want less ghosting issues and less input lag. 

18 minutes ago, Oakmeal said:

Nvidia drivers support many FreeSync monitors now so yours should be working just fine even if it's not officially tested by Nvidia. I have an MSI monitor and the adaptive sync support works just fine, no G-Sync specific monitor required. 

31 minutes ago, Founders said:

Nvidia drivers support many FreeSync monitors now so yours should be working just fine even if it's not officially tested by Nvidia. I have an MSI monitor and the adaptive sync support works just fine, no G-Sync specific monitor required. 

What does this sync stuff do anyways? like i think it goes with your GPU or something doesn't it? Im still a little new with this stuff 

38 minutes ago, Oakmeal said:

What does this sync stuff do anyways? like i think it goes with your GPU or something doesn't it? Im still a little new with this stuff 

G-Sync and FreeSync are both forms of adaptive sync. Adaptive sync also refereed to as variable refresh rate ensures that your monitor's refresh rate (Hz) matches your GPU's current frame rate (FPS) to avoid screen tearing and keep things running as smoothly as possible. Read here for a more info if you're interested.