Please fix rolleyes.gif

minibois

9_9 < see what I am talking about?!

If you're not.. This is either fixed at this point, or you're at light mode, or you're not just looking hard enough!

My issue is with the white pixels around the edges.

To show this a little bit easier, here is one of the frames blown up (with no interpolation) to illustrate my point.

Left half is on a transparent background (so whatever theme you're using) and the other half on a dark background, to simulate dark theme:

comparison.png.c50604c24f0cb3ccb9a83e5ee1b03333.png

Do you see what I mean now?!?!

So anyways, instead of just complaining, I just fixed it.

edit.gif.afe9edc521d05fe64b8622c934f200ab.gif

Blown up, for comparison:

1701553058_comparisonnew.png.bfe9fef4c1c1c75483957c90cf28b80b.png

Ain't that just a bit better?!

If I got a bit of free time this weekend, I might look into proper upscaling to get this image to 2019 2020 standards too. It's now at 20x20 (while most other forum emotes are at 80x80)

This is one of my favorite emotes on this forum and it deserves better.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I'm already grateful they didn't kill the original emoticons on the update that brought the new emojis... just keeping them alive is good enough to me as they are far better  than the new ones but if there's anyway to fix it then it's also very appreciated.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

✔️???❕

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

10 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

Fuck no, turning a circle into an octagon is not better. Atleast do it properly. 

Better?

editv2.gif.c7bc1bea5e8fa5d04729e9fa27aa1100.gif

As I said though, I would like to improve the quality more, by upscaling it/remaking it.

4 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

@minibois rolleyes.png.8af5acffb1cee6bed079f0f6c6441b4a.png < turn that into a gif instead

editv3.gif.b5ab69514313a3526b0da0d940a53c1c.gif

Oh I see, more anti-aliasing. That is not something I personally noticed.. But you be the judge of that!

(P.S. these are two different gifs. In one I adjusted the shape of the circle, the other is with the anti-aliased example you provided).

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, minibois said:

Better?

editv2.gif.c7bc1bea5e8fa5d04729e9fa27aa1100.gif

As I said though, I would like to improve the quality more, by upscaling it/remaking it.

editv3.gif.b5ab69514313a3526b0da0d940a53c1c.gif

Oh I see, more anti-aliasing. That is not something I personally noticed.. But you be the judge of that!

still not enough, maybe you should switch back to light mode and see what it looks like.

Just now, TrigrH said:

still not enough, maybe you should switch back to light mode and see what it looks like.

Oh damn... Yeah I'm on dark theme where it looks alright.. But there is clearly something funky going on at light theme.

Welp, guess I will edit it this weekend!

I can already hear the grumbles of "IPV issue, can't fix it" echoing in my head xD

I legit always thought it was ment to be this way lol

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

14 minutes ago, givingtnt said:

I can already hear the grumbles of "IPV issue, can't fix it" echoing in my head xD

I legit always thought it was ment to be this way lol

Inb4 it's a metal emote, that looks up and down to the white borders on its own head.

1 minute ago, minibois said:

Inb4 it's a metal emote, that looks up and down to the white borders on its own head.

I kinda thought it was ment to be a halo like some angle or something like "I'm happy" or whatever, especially with the smile lol

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

isnt there something "better" to compain about then some white in an emojicon in dark view?

one could argue that its not even a "bug"

2 hours ago, Caroline said:

rolleyes.gifedit.gif

XFqHtXE.jpg

seriously where's the difference? they look exactly the same to me.

Dark theme says a bit different.
TMCtT0j.png

It's been an "issue" that's been present for much more than a decade. I'm going to assume that the set of emojis that IPB use are from some stock repository, as all IPB/IPB freeware forums (IPBFree, Invisionfree, PHPBB, vBulletin and Joomla being ones I have direct experience with) have all had the same "issue".

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

11 hours ago, givingtnt said:

I kinda thought it was ment to be a halo like some angle or something like "I'm happy" or whatever, especially with the smile lol

Hmm... I guess it could be a halo, but it isn't as obvious to me. Especially upscaled it doesn't feel like a Halo.

9 hours ago, Caroline said:

seriously where's the difference? they look exactly the same to me

See my original post.

12 hours ago, minibois said:

If you're not.. This is either fixed at this point, or you're at light mode, or you're not just looking hard enough!

[...]

Left half is on a transparent background (so whatever theme you're using) and the other half on a dark background, to simulate dark theme:

[...]

My understanding of the gif standard is that you can't have partial alpha values, so you have a choice between aliasing and a white border. As such, I don't think there's much that you can do that won't still look bad somewhere.

HTTP/2 203

1 hour ago, colonel_mortis said:

My understanding of the gif standard is that you can't have partial alpha values, so you have a choice between aliasing and a white border.

this.

Each pixel of a gif either needs to be fully transparent, or fully opaque. making it pretty much impossible to create animated emoticons with anti-aliasing look right on different backgrounds. 

So either dark themes users would have to put up with the white silliness,Light theme users would have to put up with black silliness, or create an emoticon with zero anti-aliasing, everything would need to be pixel perfect

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

On 12/13/2019 at 10:41 PM, minibois said:

To show this a little bit easier, here is one of the frames blown up (with no interpolation) to illustrate my point.

Do you see what I mean now?!?!

So anyways, instead of just complaining, I just fixed it.

edit.gif.afe9edc521d05fe64b8622c934f200ab.gif

Blown up, for comparison:

1701553058_comparisonnew.png.bfe9fef4c1c1c75483957c90cf28b80b.png

Ain't that just a bit better?!

If I got a bit of free time this weekend, I might look into proper upscaling to get this image to 2019 2020 standards too. It's now at 20x20 (while most other forum emotes are at 80x80)

This is one of my favorite emotes on this forum and it deserves better.

Did you turn on RTX?

On 12/15/2019 at 3:13 AM, OlympicAssEater said:

Did you turn on RTX?

Nope,It's clear that DSR was enabled here because of the artifacts on the edges that make it look like an octagon.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

thankfully we have something worthwhile to moan and complain about

its about friggin time

On 12/14/2019 at 2:53 AM, amdorintel said:

isnt there something "better" to compain about then some white in an emojicon in dark view?

one could argue that its not even a "bug"

if there isn't anything better to complain about that must be a good thing since there aren't any major issues?????

don't understand the unnessecarily negative comment

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

3 hours ago, flashiling said:

if there isn't anything better to complain about that must be a good thing since there aren't any major issues?????

don't understand the unnessecarily negative comment

This person likes to bitch a lot, nothing new really.

25 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

This person likes to bitch a lot, nothing new really.

i actually ignored his comments but i can still see what he types when other people quote him. guess i'll check if it's possible to somehow disable that aswell.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

1 minute ago, flashiling said:

i actually ignored his comments but i can still see what he types when other people quote him. guess i'll check if it's possible to somehow disable that aswell.

Afaik, you can't really do that, unfortunately.

1 minute ago, lewdicrous said:

Afaik, you can't really do that, unfortunately.

*frown*