Personal Virtualization server for Machine Learning, Gaming and Plex

I was looking for some advice for my current server build. Any help appreciated. PS: I took this template from a reddit forum lol

What will you be doing with this PC? Be as specific as possible, and include specific games or programs you will be using.

* I am a machine learning developer looking to build a virtualization server. I need high computational resources on the fly. I am also an occasional gamer, so I want the option to run games. Additionally want to possible run a plex server on this build.
* I need to use multiple OS's constantly for what I do, so I want to be able to run many operating systems concurrently. I want to connect to my machine with a monitor and connect externally via the internet with GUI or SSH.

What is your maximum budget before rebates/shipping/taxes?

Let's assume that money is not a concern

When do you plan on building/buying the PC? Note: beyond a week or two from today means any build you receive will be out of date when you want to buy.

Let's assume right now.

What, exactly, do you need included in the budget? (Tower/OS/monitor/keyboard/mouse/etc)

Just the PC components, I am not concerned with the case (fun fact I might be building it into a desk), or peripherals

Which country (and state/province) will you be purchasing the parts in? If you're in US, do you have access to a Microcenter location?

Canada

If reusing any parts (including monitor(s)/keyboard/mouse/etc), what parts will you be reusing? Brands and models are appreciated.

Nothing to reuse

Will you be overclocking? If yes, are you interested in overclocking right away, or down the line? CPU and/or GPU?**

Overclocking is a yes

Are there any specific features or items you want/need in the build? (ex: SSD, large amount of storage or a RAID setup, CUDA or OpenCL support, etc)

CUDA, and possibly RAID

Do you have any specific case preferences (Size like ITX/microATX/mid-tower/full-tower, styles, colors, window or not, LED lighting, etc), or a particular color theme preference for the components?

No case concerns, as I might be building it into a desk

Do you need a copy of Windows included in the budget? If you do need one included, do you have a preference?

Nope

Other Info:

Let's assume that money is not a concern, and I am looking to incorporate an 18 core CPU, 64GB ram, and 4 graphics cards maybe P4000s or even RTX 2080s. I want to share the 4 graphics cards between the OS's if that's possible. What's the best value hardware for this scenario, and possible virtualization software setup. Needless to say, I want to minimize video tearing and I/O complications.

Reddit duh ? You should've cleaned it a bit at least. Reading that wall now ...

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

2 minutes ago, Juular said:

Reddit duh ? You should've cleaned it a bit at least. Reading that wall now ...

Yeah i thought the site supported markdown i cleaned it up a bit now.

Uuh, are you sure that money really not a concern ? Because you can go as high as 10k$ here ... And what about storage ?

I was looking for some advice for my current server build. Any help appreciated

>**What will you be doing with this PC? Be as specific as possible, and include specific games or programs you will be using.**

* I am a machine learning developer looking to build a virtualization server. I need high computational resources on the fly. I am also an occasional gamer, so I want the option to run games. Additionally want to possible run a plex server on this build.

consider 7702 amd processors designed for high virtualization and machine learning

see, https://www.newegg.com/supermicro-mbd-h11dsi-n702-ma015-o-dual-amd-epyc-7000-series/p/N82E16813183691?Item=N82E16813183691&Description=PPSSRULTGNOZEI&cm_re=PPSSRULTGNOZEI-_-13-183-691-_-Product

two processors with motherboard

* I need to use multiple OS's constantly for what I do, so I want to be able to run many operating systems concurrently. I want to connect to my machine with a monitor and connect externally via the internet with GUI or SSH.

high core count will help running multiple operating systems with virtualization

>**What is your maximum budget before rebates/shipping/taxes?**

* Let's assume that money is not a concern

>**When do you plan on building/buying the PC? Note: beyond a week or two from today means any build you receive will be out of date when you want to buy.**

* Let's assume right now.

>**What, exactly, do you need included in the budget? (Tower/OS/monitor/keyboard/mouse/etc)**

* Just the PC components, I am not concerned with the case (fun fact I might be building it into a desk), or peripherals

>**Which country (and state/province) will you be purchasing the parts in? If you're in US, do you have access to a Microcenter location?**

* Canada

>**If reusing any parts (including monitor(s)/keyboard/mouse/etc), what parts will you be reusing? Brands and models are appreciated.**

* Nothing to reuse

>**Will you be overclocking? If yes, are you interested in overclocking right away, or down the line? CPU and/or GPU?**

* Overclocking is a yes

>**Are there any specific features or items you want/need in the build? (ex: SSD, large amount of storage or a RAID setup, CUDA or OpenCL support, etc)**

* CUDA, and possibly RAID

consider Telsa V100 for cuda compute

https://www.newegg.com/p/1FT-0014-00109?Description=tesla v100&cm_re=tesla_v100-_-9SIAE8D8BG7078-_-Product

>**Do you have any specific case preferences (Size like ITX/microATX/mid-tower/full-tower, styles, colors, window or not, LED lighting, etc), or a particular color theme preference for the components?**

* No case concerns, as I might be building it into a desk

>**Do you need a copy of Windows included in the budget? If you do need one included, do you have a preference?**

* Nope

>**Other Info**

* Let's assume that money is not a concern, and I am looking to incorporate an 18 core CPU, 64GB ram, and 4 graphics cards maybe P4000s or even RTX 2080s. I want to share the 4 graphics cards between the OS's if that's possible. What's the best value hardware for this scenario, and possible virtualization software setup. Needless to say, I want to minimize video tearing and I/O complications.

consider seperate card for compute (telsa v100 and another for graphics and games)

1 minute ago, tech.guru said:

consider 7702 amd processors designed for high virtualization and machine learning

Oh, i've forgot about EPYC and Tesla, that would be like 30-40k$ :)

Just now, Juular said:

Oh, i've forgot about EPYC and Tesla, that would be like 30-40k$ :)

they are designed for machine learning and virtualization.

Just now, tech.guru said:

they are designed for machine learning and virtualization.

Yeah, it's just that 'money is not a concern' build can go to pretty concerning amounts with enterprise-scale hardware. OP, define your budget.

My bad maybe i shouldnt say no limit on it, as I dont need enterprise level jsut personal. Not 40K builds maybe little upwords of like 10K max go to 13K. Just hoping to get max bang for my buck.

I was hoping to make a completely customizable build but the DGX ststion looks really cool.