Linus tech tips YouTube videos

ahadley1124

Fair use is usually considered usage of snippets for purposes of commentary or criticism. Using entire unchanged videos and just rolling over different music is NOT considered fair use and the owner of video can claim it as well as you may have problems because of music rights.

Fair use would also be if you combine hundreds of video snippets to make Linus say something he never said or make a music video out of it. You know, like parody or something. May be taken down if it's offensive to owner or something, but would generally pass as fair use.

13 hours ago, Nicnac said:

geez ppl come down. The kid is asking to make a compliation type video which is transformative work. There are plenty videos like that out there if just for the meme edits. I also highly doubt LMG will be a pain in the butt about this kind of video.

This is more about principles and teaching what is the right way to go. Because "they are too big to care" attitude we have all issues with video takedowns, copyright strikes and exteeme-memers claiming images for their own propaganda.

The correct way to do things is still to be in personal contact to creator. Not posting to community forums or Reddit asking things.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv