Keeping Mouse Cool?

sphbecker

No, I haven't overclocked my mouse to the point it is overheating ?

I guess I am just naturally a hot blooded person, I find that if I use my mouse for more than 30 minutes it gets very hot and uncomfortable, I might even start to sweat a little. Yes, its me, not the mouse. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this and if you have a solution.

I used to have quite sweaty hands with controllers, but that has kind gone away over the years. Perhaps you could try to see if a different material has you sweat a bit less?

Or maybe it's your certain way of holding the mouse - your grip - that is making it hotter than necessary. 

If all else fails and you feel like you are abnormally seating, it may be have to contact a doctor to see if that is normal. I'm not a doctor, so I am not sure if this is weird or not :P 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Uuh, try maybe some of these perforated mice from Glorious.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

2 minutes ago, minibois said:

I used to have quite sweaty hands with controllers, but that has kind gone away over the years. Perhaps you could try to see if a different material has you sweat a bit less?

Or maybe it's your certain way of holding the mouse - your grip - that is making it hotter than necessary. 

If all else fails and you feel like you are abnormally seating, it may be have to contact a doctor to see if that is normal. I'm not a doctor, so I am not sure if this is weird or not :P 

I would not say its a huge issue, not much sweat, just a little annoying when trying to focus on a game. I do find that if I am on the long road trip I have to put my hands by the A/C every now and then to keep them cool but it isn't anything I would consider alarming.

I think I'll start with a small desk fan to keep some airflow, maybe that will help.

1 minute ago, sphbecker said:

I would not say its a huge issue, not much sweat, just a little annoying when trying to focus on a game. I do find that if I am on the long road trip I have to put my hands by the A/C every now and then to keep them cool but it isn't anything I would consider alarming.

I think I'll start with a small desk fan to keep some airflow, maybe that will help.

Sounds stupid maybe, but you could even has a rag or whatever on your desk where you can wipe your hand on occasionally.

As someone with eternally colds hands nowadays, I don't have too much experience with dealing with this 9_9

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

-> Moved to Peripherals

You have couple options to try. One is to get mousepad with gel wrist rest. Gel is naturally cooling. Another would be to get one of those USB powered fans on swanneck and point that to your mousepad. And lastly to get mouse with air vents.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv