Is something happening with ASUS support right now?

Dash Lambda

I need to RMA a dead motherboard, so I've been attempting to contact ASUS.

First thing I tried was the automated RMA form, but after filling everything out (why would it require TWO phone numbers by the way?), I get this:

Thank you for using the ASUS Online RMA feature.It looks like your serial number(SN:undefined)has already been issued an RMA.
For your reference,the RMA number is undefined.You should have received the RMA instructions in a separate e-mail.Please allow up to 48
hours for it to be sent out.

That's... Weird...

Whatever, I thought, guess I'm gonna be forced to use the live chat. I fill out the case form, wait, and when I get through to a representative, this happens:

image.thumb.png.1f07e6ac3521531711d374617d142df3.png

Everything I type is invalid, and so I simply cannot speak to a representative.

FINE, I thought, I'll just call them.

It hangs up immediately, before it even rings. Every time.

... Is... Is this a joke?

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

Where are you located? 

I called ASUS cs twice (Germany)  no waiting time,  friendly, and the most clueless "experts" one could imagine...

In the end their suggestion to fix my borked ASUS router was to just buy a new one - that happened twice,  they were not able to answer any of my questions regarding technical features (which was my main interest in even calling them) however.  Complete joke. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Well, maybe you had those two on the other side of the chat :D

i would try to call ASUS again, i'am sure they had some probs with the Phone Line. I worked as a tech support employee for years and you wont believe how often those lines just break down

ASUS support is garbage. And so is their RMA process.

I sent my B450f in for RMA due to a sudden USB Over Current Error. Got a replacement back, and it had dead USB headers, and then started showing the same error! (Different Serial # though.)

Now I'm trying to get it done under a new RMA and they are making a fucking mess of it. Two case numbers, 3 RMA numbers, and they somehow think they have my broken one in for a repair(they don't, the person I sold it too has it :/) And they're somehow telling me this: "Your product is Out of Warranty or judged as customer induced damage(CID). It should be paid for repair. Service center will contact you with further quotation within 3 days."  Which it is just out of Warranty now(Dec 1,) but considering they sent me a defective RMA return they never fulfilled the original in warranty RMA. An there is no customer induced damage. It's complete crap!

ASUS may have some good products. But pray you don't have to RMA anything. It's a fucking nightmare!!!!

On the other hand EVGA was amazing when I had to RMA my GPU. They were incredibly helpful and accomodating. 

Linus should do a video(series?) and review various companies RMA process. Do ASUS, MSI, EVGA, Gigabyte, Corsair, etc and see who actually even fulfills their minimum legal obligation

20 minutes ago, Intoxicus said:

Linus should do a video(series?) and review various companies RMA process. Do ASUS, MSI, EVGA, Gigabyte, Corsair, etc and see who actually even fulfills their minimum legal obligation

Yes ... please ^^

Just now, Artherion said:

Yes ... please ^^

How do I get this idea into his head more effectively? Twitter? Is there a specific forum that's best for floating ideas at him?

My (hopefully not too naive) hope is that if companies like ASUS that are barely even doing the minimum, and often worse than the minimum, get some attention that would encourage them to do better.

This RMA is a fucking nightmare mess. Over two hours with customer support on the phone, and about 1.5 of that on hold.

The level 2 support guy I finally talked to couldn't do more than dictate my rant and pass it on to higher ups. The same ones it had been passed to when I called in about the RMA return being defective also. So I'm not expecting much.

I was trying to hint, and even said directly, that something extra as an apology might help retain me as customer.  Their idea of "extra" is a "white box" motherboard that's "brand new" but has no accessories. Providing a working replacement is a bare minimum standard for a warranty/RMA. Better odds it won't be defective or DOA is not exactly generous or extra in my book. I would imagine they think it's an extra to pay shipping for the RMA return back to them, but I'm not paying shipping, or anything at all, for their mistake.

And then their phone loop tries to claim ASUS has "best in class" Warranty and Customer Support. That's an outright lie when EVGA blows them out of the water.

11 minutes ago, Artherion said:

@IntoxicusGood question, i have an RMA Nightmare running with Gigabyte since February 2019 now :D

Found it, there's a suggestions thread in the LTT Official subforum

2 minutes ago, Intoxicus said:

Found it, there's a suggestions thread in the LTT Official subforum

@Intoxicus lolwhoot ?! where ?

I already told you where, lol.

I suppose you're really saying you're too lazy to do it yourself and you're asking for a direct link?

3 hours ago, Intoxicus said:

And then their phone loop tries to claim ASUS has "best in class" Warranty and Customer Support. That's an outright lie when EVGA blows them out of the water.

From my experience thus far a stuffed animal blows ASUS's customer support out of the water, because a stuffed animal can at least look like it's paying attention.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.