Fans full speed on startup

Hello, I just built a new pc and whenever I turn it on the fans go full speed for 5 seconds and then return back to normal. This is quite annoying for me, because I built my pc for silence and it feels like I turned on a vacuum cleaner for a second. Is there a setting in BIOS to prevent this behaviour? All of the components are new.

MB: Asus TUF B450M Gaming Plus

CPU: 3200G

Go in the bios and make a profile. Per channel. 

That’s what I do. Also run the mobo software in windows to make a profile there too. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

5 minutes ago, karsnoordhuis said:

this is not uncommon behaviour especially in server hardware. im assuming they dont get a pwm signal from the controller and 12v power so they just spin at 100% until the fan controller is booted up.

So you're saying it's the case fan? It's a 3-pin fan connected to a 4-pin connector.

2 minutes ago, Lazarus23 said:

So you're saying it's the case fan? It's a 3-pin fan connected to a 4-pin connector.

its just the controller hasn't booted up yet I don't think you can change that though my PC does it also

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

1 minute ago, Ben17 said:

its just the controller hasn't booted up yet I don't think you can change that though my PC does it also

Would anything change if I replaced it with a 4-pin fan?

Just now, Lazarus23 said:

Would anything change if I replaced it with a 4-pin fan?

problay not my pc does with the CPU fans which a 4 pin noctua pwm ones in 4 pin headers 

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

2 minutes ago, Lazarus23 said:

not per say, in pwm mode the fan needs a pwm signal on the 4th pin and 12v on its power lines.  if a 4 pin fan doesnt get a pwm signal it will go into voltage controlled mode like 3 pin fans. if the controller has not been booted up it will not be able to send the pwm signal nor can it change the voltage on the power lines. result: both fans get 12v and no pwm signal and spin at full speed

1 minute ago, karsnoordhuis said:

not per say, in pwm mode the fan needs a pwm signal on the 4th pin and 12v on its power lines.  if a 4 pin fan doesnt get a pwm signal it will go into voltage controlled mode like 3 pin fans. if the controller has not been booted up it will not be able to send the pwm signal nor can it change the voltage on the power lines. result: both fans get 12v and no pwm signal and spin at full speed

Damn...so it's a motherboard's fault? Is it something that the mb manufacturer can adjust with a BIOS update?

Just now, Lazarus23 said:

Damn...so it's a motherboard's fault? Is it something that the mb manufacturer can adjust with a BIOS update?

they would have to change the order at which the peripherals get loaded. so yes, yes they probably can.

will they? im not so shure as embedded programming can be really f*** hard (dont ask me how i know) but you could certainly try. asus support has been pretty nice in my experience. i got help with a x58 motherboard only one or two years ago.

give it a shot, ask them!

Just now, karsnoordhuis said:

give it a shot, ask them!

Already did! Let's hope for the best! :)

21 minutes ago, Lazarus23 said:

Already did! Let's hope for the best! :)

let us know how it goes ?

Got any 4pin fans to try?

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

1 minute ago, Mick Naughty said:

Got any 4pin fans to try?

how do u mean? I personally go with noctua fans these days but most fans these days are good

9 minutes ago, Ben17 said:

how do u mean? I personally go with noctua fans these days but most fans these days are good

If you are using 4pin fans just go in the bios and set it up. Without any adapter. 

1 hour ago, Mick Naughty said:

If you are using 4pin fans just go in the bios and set it up. Without any adapter. 

i do have it setup as that its just they go to full speed when i first turn on my pc

24 minutes ago, Ben17 said:

i do have it setup as that its just they go to full speed when i first turn on my pc

So did you adjust the bios or not?

1 minute ago, Mick Naughty said:

So did you adjust the bios or not?

yeah but it doesnt change it on my pc 

2 minutes ago, Ben17 said:

yeah but it doesnt change it on my pc 

What exactly are you doing? Works on all of my pc’s. 

2 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

What exactly are you doing? Works on all of my pc’s. 

nvm turns out there was another option and i forget to change it after updating bios before... (Asus Q fan control) which sorted it....

Yea. Says under the details to enable q control for 4 pin fans. 

2 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

Yea. Says under the details to enable q control for 4 pin fans. 

did you figure it out  on yours?