About to order a budget monitor...

Gaijin

Has to be colour accurate, higher than 60hz would be nice to but the more I hear about Freesync implementation at this range the less I want it, 48-73hz is almost useless, does this mean that if the game is hitting 75fps there will be tearing? I'm about to order this model but wondering if there's a better choice, wouldn't mind 27" at 75hz, has to be from UK Amazon though, if anyone has a better idea than this let me know...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-246E9QJAB-00-Widescreen-Multimedia/dp/B07B6BDF1X/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=24+inch+Philips+freesync+ips&qid=1576101860&sr=8-1A

Need more system information. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I can't imagine why that would be required. Is there a better solution feature wise in this price range, for the features I need?

On 12/12/2019 at 10:11 AM, Gaijin said:

I can't imagine why that would be required. Is there a better solution feature wise in this price range, for the features I need?

Just wondering about the ability of the cpu or gpu to drive the monitor.  Some systems are old.  If yours isn’t it’s not an issue.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

35 minutes ago, Gaijin said:

It's for a new build.

Ok. Let’s assume you can drive the monitor at whatever resolution you want and can backup that resolution with enough cpu.  
re: your monitor pick:

I don’t see anything wrong with it myself.  Others will be more familiar with specific models.

It’s IPS, which is the right kind of panel for color correctness.  Depending on how heavy this need is though you may also possibly want to use a color calibrator no matter what monitor you buy.  Interior lighting can change percieved color so factory color calibration has its limits.  That kind of thing is only for visual arts stuff though normally.

Amazon does list minimum requirements for the computer driving the monitor, but let’s assume you meet them.

One thing that worries me though is the amazon site has two pictures of the back panel and they are not the same.  One has the ports listed in the description, but the other has only dvi and vga.  Both of those ports are obsolete and will not be available on new video cards which could cause problems.

re: 26”
Larger 1080p monitors can get a bit chunky pixel wise in the eyes of some.  You may or may not be one of those people though.  If you go above 24” you may possibly want to consider 1440p.  Or not.  It would require more hardware to drive it.

re: tearing

Yes.  If your game runs above the refresh rate of the monitor you could see tearing.  There are several ways to avoid this though.  One which does not use freesynch is to set a frame rate cap on your game at the refresh rate of the monitor.  As long as the minimum frame rate stays above 75fps things will be smooth