overclocking my R7 2700

Go to solution Solved by Brent744,

I have the 2700X and your results are pretty much the same as mine, I definitely did not win the silicon lottery with this chip but probably the B450 is holding it back. I wasn't comfortable with 1.45v 24/7 so I reverted back to stock. Now I just keep XMP enabled. I don't think you would notice any difference between those two speeds.

would going from 4Ghz to say 4.1Ghz will net me a noticeable performance increase in games or no? im currently at 4Ghz and 1.35 volts on vcore i tried 4.2 and 4.3 and my B450 tomahawk refused to boot unless i upped the vcore to 1.45 volts which i dont wanna do also if it matters my ram is in the pic below and my gpu is a sapphire pulse 5700

cpuid.png

TGV_pht1.jpg

For Zen+ just go 1.38V and test how far you can get (4.15GHz etc.). And no it will not be noticeable difference. Few fps here and there.

I have the 2700X and your results are pretty much the same as mine, I definitely did not win the silicon lottery with this chip but probably the B450 is holding it back. I wasn't comfortable with 1.45v 24/7 so I reverted back to stock. Now I just keep XMP enabled. I don't think you would notice any difference between those two speeds.

Intel Core i7 9700F / Cooler Master 212 Evo / GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER / 16 GB G.SKILL RAM @ 2666MHz / GA-B365M-DS3H / EVGA 500w PSU

HP Pavilion Gaming 15 / Ryzen 5 4600H / GeForce GTX 1050 / 8 GB @ 3200MHz