Headset + Speakers

BlazingBlazey

Hello! This seems like a terrible question to ask but I'm so confused and I cannot seem to find anywhere on the internet that would tell me how to set up my speakers and my headset so that I could switch from one to the other. I recently purchased a Sennheiser PC37X (upgraded from a HyperX Cloud 2's, not really sure if it's an upgrade...) which comes with a headphone jack and a microphone jack. The speakers I own are the Logitech Z200 that have an audio jack. No matter how much I fiddle with the orientation I still can't get it to work. If anyone can help me figure this issue out, weather with software or hardware (DAC, sound card, dongle, etc.), that would be really appreciated!

So the hardware that I have is:

• Motherboard: AsRock Z390m Pro4 " Manual
  • Speakers: Logitech Z200 " Manual "
  • Headset: Sennheiser PC37X " Link "
  • Case: Corsair Crystal 280X

6 minutes ago, BlazingBlazey said:

not really sure if it's an upgrade

It is.

7 minutes ago, BlazingBlazey said:

No matter how much I fiddle with the orientation I still can't get it to work.

You must plug the speaker on the back, try different combinations it shouldn't be to hard to get it right.

As soon as you plug the headset on the front panel, automatically the speakers will stop and the sound will be only on the headset.

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

5 minutes ago, Constantin said:

As soon as you plug the headset on the front panel, automatically the speakers will stop and the sound will be only on the headset

Yes, but I if I want to use my speakers when I take off my headset, I have to unplug the headset from the jacks.

Just now, BlazingBlazey said:

Yes, but I if I want to use my speakers when I take off my headset, I have to unplug the headset from the jacks.

Yes! Of course!

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

1 minute ago, Constantin said:

Yes! Of course!

Yes, but what I'm saying is there a solution to not do that. I want to switch from headset to speakers with a click of a button on windows.

8 minutes ago, BlazingBlazey said:

Yes, but what I'm saying is there a solution to not do that. I want to switch from headset to speakers with a click of a button on windows.

No, i don't think there is.

Realtek audio driver offers you audio port mapping. Then, in windows volume control you should be able to mute/unmute channels. I bet there is dedicated channel switch software somewhere. But I have found it easier to keep the external volume/on-off fob on the table and just switch speakers on-off.  

So you can get something like a schiit fulla 3 a d plug the headset into that