Aio

poppasilk

I've read a lot of post on aio and air coolers trying to decipher which would be best for me. I know there is a lot of these posts so I apologize. I have a ryzen 7 2700x, I'm still learning to overclock and I'd like to push is as far as I can. That being said I've looked at 240mm aios and a couple different noctua coolers. Id like it to be decently quiet under load. I can handle some noise but not jet engine like the stock cooler. If I could get some insight I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

If you would like cooler recommendations, tell us what ram and case you're using, where you're shopping / located, and your budget.

Are there any other features you're looking for in a cooler?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

If you would like cooler recommendations, tell us what ram and case you're using, where you're shopping / located, and your budget.

Are there any other features you're looking for in a cooler?

Corsair vengeance pro 16g ddr4 3200, meshify c. Budget 50-175, online mostly. Just dont want anything super loud. Currently wraith prism is a jet engine under load

23 hours ago, poppasilk said:

I have a ryzen 7 2700x, I'm still learning to overclock and I'd like to push is as far as I can.

You probably won't be able to overclock it much higher than what it can boost to on all cores. I am only able to get to mine stable at 4.125 GHz. You could try overclocking it a little and adjust fan curves to some sound level you find tolerable.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

22 minutes ago, poppasilk said:

online mostly

Please be more specific. What country / region are you shopping from?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

30 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Please be more specific. What country / region are you shopping from?

US

15 minutes ago, poppasilk said:

US

Like @alyen said, there isn't a ton of room for gains on Ryzen. Don't expect big gains.

But there's nothing wrong with wanting top end cooling.

If you want a nice AIO without RGB, the Arctic liquid freezer ii 240/280 is a high performer at a good price. Around $99

Aio with RGB, NZXT Kraken x52/62 are popular. Cost around $140

Corsair makes good ones too that would use the same software as your ram for RGB

Noctua NH-D15S Will clear your ram and stay silent $79

Be Quiet Dark Rock 4 won't overhang your ram and silent $75

Scythe Mugen 5 rev B won't overhang your ram and silent $49

The air coolers are all going to be very quiet.

Just get any you want.

58 minutes ago, poppasilk said:

US

As mentioned, the NH-D15S is excellent. 

If you'd rather save some money, the aforementioned Mugen Rev. B along with the Fuma 2 are great alternatives: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/YsHRsY/scythe-fuma-2-5117-cfm-cpu-cooler-scfm-2000