Help..new build but I think I have some issues

CWrath

Hello everyone I’m new here.. so I recently built a computer

board: MSI X570 gaming wifi

gpu: RX 580 8gb

cpu: ryzen 5 3600

16gb of ram.

the problem is when I’m playing games it doesn’t feel smooth and sometime the graphics bug out in game, after a few restarts it seems fine, but if I let it run for awhile and then play it has some bugs, sometimes the game will start to crash and everything stops. After about 8 seconds the computer catches itself and will keep playing, but obviously a hung slope  in performance. Over tried tuning off all over clocking apps and updating drivers as well as windows 10 power modes. Would like to know if there is something I need to look for or any programs I need to run to find out what’s going on 

Heat.

Check the temps.  You might have a case air heat problem, or a heat problem on one of your components.  It could also be a bad part.  I’ve seen a lot of bad ram here lately.

another thing might be monitor synch.  I think that less likely though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Thanks for the reply, I have plenty of airflow threw the case, gpu temps are reading about 60c while playing a game and cpu temps are the same

Gah.  Well that’s the easy one gone.  Is your monitor compatible with the kind of synch (gsynch/freesynch) that your gpu can put out?

If enabling that doesn’t do it we’re left with hardware issues.

easiest first:

-try reseating everything.  Something might have been plugged in poorly.

- It could be a funky ram stick. SOP is to put only one ram stick in at a time and test them.  

after that it gets harder.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

34 minutes ago, CWrath said:

Hello everyone I’m new here.. so I recently built a computer

board: MSI X570 gaming wifi

gpu: RX 580 8gb

cpu: ryzen 5 3600

16gb of ram.

the problem is when I’m playing games it doesn’t feel smooth and sometime the graphics bug out in game, after a few restarts it seems fine, but if I let it run for awhile and then play it has some bugs, sometimes the game will start to crash and everything stops. After about 8 seconds the computer catches itself and will keep playing, but obviously a hung slope  in performance. Over tried tuning off all over clocking apps and updating drivers as well as windows 10 power modes. Would like to know if there is something I need to look for or any programs I need to run to find out what’s going on 

Have you downloaded the right Drivers? (CPU chipset, GPU)

Good Luck!

I’ll have to check on the cpu maybe not  and thank you very much for the responses both of you 

And no my monitor does not have anything fancy, as freesynce just a acer 271hi dbid 

Probably driver issue.  "graphics bugging out"  what else could it be 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Yeah I hope so i updated drivers last night, updated bios since I have never done it since I bought the mobo, and windows update, you has latest drivers, I dk it seems to have a problem almost every time I start it up lol last night I tried to play a game and the screen kept freezing and when I would alt tab it would run but just not in full screen mode, when it was windowed mode it works fine, but hopefully those updates corrected it, when I get home later I will try it and see how it runs 

So I got home this afternoon and checked the computer, so still same issue even after updating, I ended up installing older graphics drivers and it seemed to have worked for the time being (19.11.2) drivers 

I’m curious what your frame rates and temperatures are in various  situations.  There are several ways to check this.  The ones I’m familiar with are long out of date most likely.  I used to use speedfan and fraps.  There is likely better stuff now though.  It’s not impossible that with an old low Rez monitor your frame rates are sky high and the monitor is freaking out.