Swapping from Aurora R7 to a different case

IVempex

Hey, so I would like to swap my current case (Aurora R7 from Dell) with a new MSI MPG SEKIRA 500X but Don’t know, If it would work out Or if Its even possible, any tips for me ?

Tip#1 keep your hands and feet away from the font size controller.  It’s not doing you any favors.

#2 You might have some problems.  It’s an Alienware prebuilt, and it’s a bit weird inside

06D4AD00-2E8E-497A-8D96-33FDDD18725B.jpeg.0b16e9e9e2181d4b30599c52963c3093.jpeg

The PSU could be a total loss.  That might be ATX but it also might not, and it’s cables are both not modular and are going to be weird lengths.  The board is probably some sort of atx. (Mini probably) but it also might be some sort of weird custom thing.  Find that out first.  If the board won’t fit and the PSU won’t fit there’s no point.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

And what if i would buy a new motherboard and psu ?

47 minutes ago, IVempex said:

And what if i would buy a new motherboard and psu ?

Thens its no problem. The PSU is standard, but the cables are very short and you need to remove the mounting bracket(se picture below for standard atx PSU as reference. Try getting the new case and see if you need cable extensions.

image.thumb.png.001eed1968c0bfaba9272885686fad0e.png

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

1 hour ago, IVempex said:

Any suggestions for a good Motherboard and PSU?

Re: PSU

According to @DoctorNick the PSU is standard, but you will need cable extensions.  I didn’t think cable extensions were buyable, but if it can be done it can be done.  If you want to replace the thing anyway, I’d check the tier list in the PSU section.

re: motherboard

you might not need a new motherboard.  If you do it will depend on the cpu you have.  That water cooler block says Alienware on it as well so it’s attachment may or may not be standard. The cooler radiator also may or may not be standard.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I just bought the MSI Z370-A PRO motherboard now, i hate the Alienware BIOS anyway

4 minutes ago, IVempex said:

I just bought the MSI Z370-A PRO motherboard now, i hate the Alienware BIOS anyway

Does it fit your cpu and will your water cooler attach to it?

Yeah, it does fit my CPU but how can I check, If my Water Cooler does ?

The description says "Robust heat sinks ensure maximum cooling" so I thought i dont need the Watercooler, lol

sorry, but Im really bad in things like computer building etc

8 minutes ago, IVempex said:

The description says "Robust heat sinks ensure maximum cooling" so I thought i dont need the Watercooler, lol

sorry, but Im really bad in things like computer building etc

You will need A cooler for your CPU.  You currently have only THAT cooler.  If you can’t use it you’d have to buy another one.  The internet may know what fits and what doesn’t.  It’s real possible the cooler block fits the new motherboard.  That’s not the only problem though.  The water cooler radiator also has to fit, and it may be custom as well.

I saw, that the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition Tower fits as a cooler, whats your opinion to this

I just found this Corsair Hydro Series H100i RGB Platinum but im not sure if it would fit, how can i check this ?

Ok, it fits my Motherboard ^^

Edited by IVempex