Will this mouse ever return?

Twister

I'm talking about Razer Diamondback, claimed "Best mouse in the world ever made", that's being valued $1,000+ for a copy today, I know did a comeback in 2015 with Chroma(RGB) but it had a crappy sensor, laser, that really disappointed everybody. I'm talking about a simple diamondback mouse with a good optic sensor like it used to be, with the same shape. Some companies have tried to make a similiar shape but still not just quite the same, they are either more length, or wide, or tall. I'm just thinking this is a waiting gold mine to be used, or is there even a patent that only razer could use this dimension shape/size? I wish somebody bring this mouse back to life, because it was the best mouse ever made and if there is any mouse at all close to it, please share. 

I don't know anything about the Diamondback but it sounds like it would be too good of quality for Razer. They probably got rid of it because it lasted too long and people loved it.

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

21 minutes ago, Twister said:

I'm talking about Razer Diamondback, claimed "Best mouse in the world ever made", that's being valued $1,000+ for a copy today, I know did a comeback in 2015 with Chroma(RGB) but it had a crappy sensor, laser, that really disappointed everybody. I'm talking about a simple diamondback mouse with a good optic sensor like it used to be, with the same shape. Some companies have tried to make a similiar shape but still not just quite the same, they are either more length, or wide, or tall. I'm just thinking this is a waiting gold mine to be used, or is there even a patent that only razer could use this dimension shape/size? I wish somebody bring this mouse back to life, because it was the best mouse ever made and if there is any mouse at all close to it, please share. 

I don't see why a Diamondback Chroma and a G305 board couldn't be melded into a god tier wireless diamondback with a hero sensor... 

Maybe check out the mouse modding subreddit and see if anyone has 3d models for an adapter already? I wouldn't be surprised if they did. 

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

It's almost I wanna hire my own chinese factory and produce some products myself or make a small brand myself. mouse modding subreddit?

Really the new Viper is so much better in every way. 

There are similar ones to Diamondback kinda reminds me of G305 which has a bit meh egg shape. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Viper? What's it called? Brand? I never heard of any 'Viper'

I know there are similar but none like it, the logitech G305 is definitely not like it cause I own 3 right here, they cramp my hand because the shape is so total different, they are much shorter in length, so my hands get cramped while holding it, it's required to hold it by a claw grip to not get cramped, and I'm not a claw fist gamer. The logitech is like 1-2 cm shorter in length, and razer diamondback isn't egg shaped, it's more like "Dildo"-shaped lol. (very small but lengthy). The G305 is more like G203 prodigy however. 

Edit: I'm guess you mean Razer Viper, this mouse

https://www.maxgaming.se/gaming-mus/viper-ambidextrios-gamingmus-1?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_aKjldaw5gIVyMCyCh0x7wXlEAQYAiABEgJY-fD_BwE

Right? It looks a bit like Finalmouse Air, except the holes. Says it have mechanical switches (like keyboard), I own a Finalmouse so maybe if shape is similar is not need to buy the Viper. But it does look nice. 

My only concern as always with all these new modern mice is this, the back. If you look diamondback the back is narrow down like a egg or dildo but the new modern mice is always a fat bulky spider back. The narrow egg/dildo back is to me crucial, it's like holding a small pencil to do more precise movements rather then a larger pencil. 

viper-back.png

diamondback-back.png

18 hours ago, Twister said:

Where are you seeing $1,000? On eBay right now I see a listing for $57 and a brand new one for $220

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=razer+diamond+back&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_BIN=1

I've seen them from $1000 but yes now the listed is $600. Yea sealed box or new is $600, that's still expensive. But even the used cost alot, for a used mouse. (and there's not many)

19 minutes ago, Twister said:

I've seen them from $1000 but yes now the listed is $600. Yea sealed box or new is $600, that's still expensive. But even the used cost alot, for a used mouse. (and there's not many)

Fair but if you look hard enough you can find originals not in packaging for £50-60 which isnt really any more than a modern mouse, although it is used

i would like to see a return of the original though but since there was an RGB version i doubt they'll remake it again

Yea but the RGB version used a laser sensor which made it a big fail. and even now the RGB version is not available, but the deathadder is still and it's been out longer. the only reason RGB version failed was because the laser sensor. 

But it still doesn't stop other companies, even new ones, to make a same mouse again. unless razer got a patent on that shape and size like i said?

for example they could make a honey-comb model of it, (like finalmouse air and glorious O-model), with a optic sensor, I bet it would be a huge smash hit.