ISO an ITX case that would fit two 3.5" HDDs

gueye

Hey guys. I'm trying to build a small form factor server to run Plex Media Server. I don't want to use a NAS, since I will need to do a lot of heavy transcoding. So I was looking to build a small Ryzen-based system. The caveat is that I also want to be able to mount two 3.5" HDDs for all my media storage. Anybody know of a case that would hold an ITX Mobo and system, but still has two large HDD bays? 

2 hours ago, gueye said:

Hey guys. I'm trying to build a small form factor server to run Plex Media Server. I don't want to use a NAS, since I will need to do a lot of heavy transcoding. So I was looking to build a small Ryzen-based system. The caveat is that I also want to be able to mount two 3.5" HDDs for all my media storage. Anybody know of a case that would hold an ITX Mobo and system, but still has two large HDD bays? 

Cooler Master Elite 130 

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/6wR48d/cooler-master-case-rc130kkn1

Im eyeing it for when I rebuild my Plex server. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

6 hours ago, Slottr said:

There's plenty

What size of case do you want? How much?

Really trying to go as small as I can but still fit the two HDDs. I don't need room for a graphics card if that helps. 

30 minutes ago, gueye said:

Really trying to go as small as I can but still fit the two HDDs. I don't need room for a graphics card if that helps. 

What about something like this?

I'd replace the power supply though.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/mcQypg/inwin-case-bp655fh300tb3

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

8 hours ago, Slottr said:

I'd replace the power supply though.

Power supply isnt ATX or SFX, so finding a "good" replacement would be difficult. (Is that flex? I'm not even sure) I'd imagine the included one is "fine" for media storage (no heavy loads)

My personal recommendation would probably be the Silverstone ML03 or ML04

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/bWR48d/silverstone-case-ml03b

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/fsw323/silverstone-case-ml04b

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

37 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Power supply isnt ATX or SFX, so finding a "good" replacement would be difficult. (Is that flex? I'm not even sure) I'd imagine the included one is "fine" for media storage (no heavy loads)

True. It’s TFX. However last I checked seasonic has a decent one

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P