Sensitive PSU

3 minutes ago, Juular said:

And by the way, your new PSU are complete crap, replace it.

First off mine doesn't plug that far in and I will not worse it and break my psu. (Don't say it does plug that far in as it physically doesn't.)

Second off, it is not "crap" as it has over 208 reviews and 4.5 stars on amazon. While my other older one less popular still from a good brand also had 4.5 stars 6 reviews on amazon. Both these power supply's are not from 1936 when the first computer was made and are from the modern era.

1 minute ago, Apollen said:

Don't say it does plug that far in as it physically doesn't.

It does lol. If it doesn't then it's bad\nonstandard cable or PSU socket which i highly doubt and you've replaced them both multiple times. Just seat it all the way, i repeat, there's nothing to break, use some force and jiggle it from side to side, it might be that the plastic are somewhat sticky and doesn't glide freely, you need to help it.

2 minutes ago, Apollen said:

Second off, it is not "crap" as it has over 208 reviews and 4.5 stars on amazon.

Come on ... Amazon reviews ? EVGA N1 are group regulated PSU, it's not modern era since when Haswell C6\C7 power states were introduced, replace it. If you could tell your location, PC specs and budget i can recommend you something. Previous PSU were way better (as in WAY better), but it's still unoptimal for some configurations since it has problems with too high ripple with very powerful GPUs.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

2 minutes ago, Juular said:

It does lol. If it doesn't then it's bad\nonstandard cable or PSU socket which i highly doubt and you've replaced them both multiple times. Just seat it all the way, i repeat, there's nothing to break, use some force and jiggle it from side to side, it might be that the plastic are somewhat sticky and doesn't glide freely, you need to help it.

Come on ... Amazon reviews ? EVGA N1 are group regulated PSU, it's not modern era since when Haswell C6\C7 power states were introduced, replace it. If you could tell your location, PC specs and budget i can recommend you something. Previous PSU were way better (as in WAY better), but it's still unoptimal for some configurations since it has problems with too high ripple with very powerful GPUs.

Amazon is literally the best go to place for anything with now even getting same day shipping out there. I don't understand why it isn't a good and credible source for you as even you could buy something off there and review.

Also, no it doesn't go in anymore. It's not that hard to tell just buy pushing some force on the end. I'm not here to break anything by the diligence of you.

I can tell you for a fact it is not my fault or how it's plugged in because a family member of mine who is a professional coder and is very good at what he does has built my rig to still have the same problem while he built it/tested it. Also, he literally is one of the best guys you could get to build your rig as his experiences and his extensive history with computers/building and using them makes him one of the best at this. The fact that even when right after he built it it still had this problem and even with the last rig shows to me 100% that it is not the psu's problem as I have had it replaced but a mystery problem as it is not user error. 

I actually do have other things to do though other then have a friendly debate with someone over the internet about a problem that really isn't a problem as I don't tend to touch my computer much. Only an a annoyance which is why I came here for the first time.

1 minute ago, Apollen said:

I don't understand why it isn't a good and credible source for you as even you could buy something off there and review.

Because their reviews are being manipulated. You don't choose a car only by dealer suggestions do you ? Seller's reviews aren't a good way to evaluate product, even if these are technically user reviews, they're being deleted\incited, most users simply don't know shit about stuff they're trying to review. Amazon reviews are good only to see if there are some huge problems with QC, no more than that. For real reviews on PC parts look for umm, real reviews, by real reviewers.

Like that : https://www.jonnyguru.com/blog/2015/07/13/evga-400-n1-power-supply/6/

Mind you, that review are from 2015 and doesn't quite hold up to modern standards, you can get a dirt cheap EVGA GD \ Corsair CX for 50$ and it would be miles better.

5 minutes ago, Apollen said:

Also, no it doesn't go in anymore. It's not that hard to tell just buy pushing some force on the end. I'm not here to break anything by the diligence of you.

Fine, i'm done my part here lol :) Seriously, it's not seated properly, if you're having problems with seating it then maybe it's indeed a bad cable, see if there's smth on the contact surfaces that doesn't let leads goo all the way, a piece of plastic maybe.

1 minute ago, Caroline said:

Are you absolutely certain you're not trying to fit a type 15 or 17 cable into that PSU, right?

They look similar but they're not

There's a picture on the previous page, it's C13.

35 minutes ago, Apollen said:

I don't understand why it isn't a good and credible source for you as even you could buy something off there and review.

That's the whole point, 95% of the reviews are from people with no idea. It works = 5 stars. Doesn't mean the features and performance are actually good, it will be durable, etc... that's why there are specialized tech reviews.

Photo confirms what I said in first post, cable does not look fully inserted. Sometimes you need quite a lot of force that might feel like "too much", and to also wiggle while inserting.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

8 hours ago, Apollen said:

While it's working and on.

20191211_121826.jpg?width=153&height=331

You can clearly see in that photo that the cord is not properly inserted in to the socket.

image.png.1c8e87fa7678505c80af06806f71df94.png

First off mine doesn't plug that far in and I will not worse it and break my psu. (Don't say it does plug that far in as it physically doesn't.)

It is clearly not inserted fully in the photos you provided, which also explains the symptoms you are having. If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, quacks like a duck, then it's probably a duck.

Amazon is literally the best go to place for anything with now even getting same day shipping out there. I don't understand why it isn't a good and credible source for you as even you could buy something off there and review.

You just perfectly explained why you cannot trust amazon customer reviews, especially when it comes to things like power supplies. Any customer who doesn't know how to plug in the power cable can go on Amazon and leave a review. Just because you know how to click "Add to Cart" does not mean you know how power supplies work.

I can tell you for a fact it is not my fault or how it's plugged in because a family member of mine who is a professional coder and is very good at what he does has built my rig to still have the same problem while he built it/tested it. Also, he literally is one of the best guys you could get to build your rig as his experiences and his extensive history with computers/building and using them makes him one of the best at this. The fact that even when right after he built it it still had this problem and even with the last rig shows to me 100% that it is not the psu's problem as I have had it replaced but a mystery problem as it is not user error. 

How many programmers does it take to plug in a cable?

Wrong department; that's a hardware problem.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

8 hours ago, Juular said:

For real reviews on PC parts look for umm, real reviews, by real reviewers.

Like that : https://www.jonnyguru.com/blog/2015/07/13/evga-400-n1-power-supply/6/

Mind you, that review are from 2015 and doesn't quite hold up to modern standards,

It's worth noting that the EVGA N1 400W and EVGA N1 650W are different. The 400W model doesn't even have PFC. They're both crap, but the 400W version is somehow even more crap.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450