Logitech G pro one side broken?

Deuxez
Go to solution Solved by Deuxez,

So for everyone wondering. I did get a new headset and its been working Extremly good! I may have dropped them or dragged them off my table once or twice (like 20-30 times already lol) and they are still working and nothing is broken so far. I love this headset, doe it can be a bit annoying when its hot outside and the "leather-like" earmuffs gets all soggy. Aaaaand thats why you also get fabric ones in the box too! Just gotta replace them if u dont like the original ones (fabric ones might not keep sound out as much as the leather ones)

So i got these BRAND NEW Logitech Gaming x pro headset like 2 days ago, on my birthday. But i just lost sound on the right side of the headset, like i dont get ANYTHING, no sound, no static noise. NOTHING. ive tried without the little "usb thingy" and still nothing. Ive also tried with another cable, that didnt fix anything either. Are they broken or should i try to reinstall G hub or something?

You can try reinstalling stuff but I would get a refund or replacement.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

You can try reinstalling stuff but I would get a refund or replacement.

I'll try to reinstall it. But like, i had them 2 days! it broke kinda out of nowhere. I was playing minecraft and boom it died. Like.. what?

Just now, DankDeuxez said:

I'll try to reinstall it. But like, i had them 2 days! it broke kinda out of nowhere. I was playing minecraft and boom it died. Like.. what?

Well, that's why you buy good headphones and not gaming headsets.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

Well, that's why you buy good headphones and not gaming headsets.

This headset got loads of good reviews, both about the audio quality and the microphone quality. And they cost like 100-120$, so i expected more than 2 days lifetime.

37 minutes ago, DankDeuxez said:

This headset got loads of good reviews, both about the audio quality and the microphone quality. And they cost like 100-120$, so i expected more than 2 days lifetime.

Gaming headsets aren't very good, but I understand the appeal of them. For sure contact Logitech support and see if you can get a replacement sent out, if not id just get a refund and find something else.

Main stuff idk

Laptop: Macbook Air M1 2020

Desktop/Gaming PC

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x

MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B450-F

RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB DDR4 3200

STORAGE: WD BLACK SN750 NVMe M.2 2280 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD - WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM - Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM

GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC

PSU: Corsair TXM Gold 550W 80+

Other Stuff

VR Headset: Valve Index

Consoles: Nintendo Switch - Xbox Series X

Sometimes we just get the short end of the stick. Just get a replacement from the store. I bet the second one will work flawlessly. 

9 hours ago, JohnT said:

Sometimes we just get the short end of the stick. Just get a replacement from the store. I bet the second one will work flawlessly. 

Im getting a new one today, hopefully that one will last a bit longer lmao

• 2 months later...

i have seen maybe 5 of those now and most have same problem> right side is dead , took one apart, its the speaker itself that is broken

• 2 months later...
On 12/11/2019 at 7:07 PM, JohnT said:

My first one did this on the second day and then i got a new one and it did the same thing. Its just a bad headset.

Taking into consideration what everyone is saying here, better get a refund and go for something else.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/11/2019 at 7:16 PM, DankDeuxez said:

So i got these BRAND NEW Logitech Gaming x pro headset like 2 days ago, on my birthday. But i just lost sound on the right side of the headset, like i dont get ANYTHING, no sound, no static noise. NOTHING. ive tried without the little "usb thingy" and still nothing. Ive also tried with another cable, that didnt fix anything either. Are they broken or should i try to reinstall G hub or something?

Well I had the same problem with my Logitech G PRO X just a few days ago and I got very scared, since I only had them for about 3 months. I don't really know how it came to me, but I kinda just tapped the right side of my headphones using just a little bit of power, and somehow, I could hear again....You should maybe try that and who knows? It might even work!

So for everyone wondering. I did get a new headset and its been working Extremly good! I may have dropped them or dragged them off my table once or twice (like 20-30 times already lol) and they are still working and nothing is broken so far. I love this headset, doe it can be a bit annoying when its hot outside and the "leather-like" earmuffs gets all soggy. Aaaaand thats why you also get fabric ones in the box too! Just gotta replace them if u dont like the original ones (fabric ones might not keep sound out as much as the leather ones)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2019 at 10:46 PM, DankDeuxez said:

same thing happened to me i brought these like 2 days and my left side is not working. I tried everything and im scared too plzz help

• 3 months later...

I know a way to fix this! It's 70% works! You need to open at administrator G HUB! If this doesn't work try to rollback the drivers! It should works!

• 1 month later...
On 6/25/2020 at 7:59 PM, DankDeuxez said:

please i’m planning on getting a new headset this weekend because of boxing day sales. what headset did you buy? 

4 hours ago, riskyplays said:

please i’m planning on getting a new headset this weekend because of boxing day sales. what headset did you buy? 

I got a replacement Unit of the original Pro X headset. I sent it back to them, and then just got a brand new one as it seemed to be a factory failure. I still have them, and ive had no problems with them so far, over the last year that ive had them. I recently saw their g733 lightspeed being released, and ive been thinking about getting those instead, as they are wireless, still got a BLUE voice microphone, lightweight and comfy. They have also released a wireless edition of the G pro x headset too, so if you want the ones i got, you also got a wireless option.

So the g733 would be good if you want them lightweight, flexible and overall comfy. The G pro x would be good if you want some more wight to the headset, but also good sound insulation, as they come with leader earmuffs instead of cloth ones like the g733 (they still come with cloth replacements in the box).