Android linux server

Hendz

I currently have an android box, if i turn this into a Linux device via micro sd card could I then plug in my external hard drive into it and set up a samba server ? this being accessible on the network via my computer etc.  

what is exactly is your question?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

once i get my android box to be a linux device. how do i then use it as a network server, which is accessible via my home pc

3 minutes ago, Hendz said:

once i get my android box to be a linux device. how do i then use it as a network server, which is accessible via my home pc

Are you sure you can even install Linux on it?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

16 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Are you sure you can even install Linux on it?

You can with Linux deploy. It's inefficient though and needs root privilege to do pretty much anything. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Just now, wasab said:

You can with Linux deploy. It's inefficient though and needs to root privilege to do pretty much anything. 

That's not what I meant. I understood that the OP wants to actually replace Android on the box with Linux, which is easier said than done. I do know you can run Linux in a chroot under Android, but personally, I wouldn't bother.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

i was thinking of running a server version of ubuntu to hold my data across the network.

but maybe i could just use a common Sambashare app to do this via android?

1 hour ago, Hendz said:

i was thinking of running a server version of ubuntu to hold my data across the network.

That doesn't answer the question. Those Android-boxes are pretty much always ARM-based and you can't just install Linux on them like you can on a regular PC, which is why I asked if you actually know for certain that you can install Linux on it in the first place.

1 hour ago, Hendz said:

but maybe i could just use a common Sambashare app to do this via android?

Something like that is always an option, but it may not perform terribly well.