Mouse and keyboard problem. (INPUT LAG)

JusTNaG

Hello everybody!!

I have a problem with my mouse and keyboard which is both randomly become less responsive. The mouse becomes slower and heavy i can't hit any shots in any game the slower movement is also present in Windows 10 desktop. The keyboard key stuck like example, ingame when im pressing the movement keys get stuck(not physically) and i need to press it again to get it unstuck. Also my monitor sometimes has some weird pixel dropping artifact from top to bottom most noticable in grey areas turning it off and on fixes it.

Things i tried to fix the problem.
Clean install Windows 10. After this my mouse and keyboard works for 3-4 hours then the problem comes back.
Driver updates.(Chipset, Audio, GPU, Keyboard, mouse). If i reinstall or update any driver the problem gets fixed for like 1 hour max then comes back.
Buying new mouse, keyboard, monitor. My previouse devices Logitech g203 mouse, some random Genius keyboard, Samsung S22C150 monitor. Same problem with the new ones.
Reconnecting the mouse and keyboard also switching up the usb ports. This sometimes fixes the problem but after a while comes back.
Trying out different outlets in my house. Also i tried my neighbour electricity. No fix, i tried doing this because i read it somewhere this problem could be electrical because bad grounding.
Bios update.
Turning off Xbox Overlay.

The only thing that helps reducing the problem is overclocking the cpu, turning off every power saving features in BIOS. Maybe there is some bad power delivery issues? I have no idea.

Also this sugest a motherboard problem or a psu problem? Because i can buy a part but i don't know which one a Motherboard or a PSU.
If anybody has any idea please help. Thank you!!

Peripherals:
Mouse: Glorious Model O
Keyboard: HyperX Alloy FPS RGB
Headset: HyperX Cloud Stinger
Monitor: Benq XL2411P 144hz
Secondary Monitor: Samsung S22C150

My PC Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 1600X
CPU Cooler: Id-Cooling SE-214C-R
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 3200MHz DDR4 (2x4GB)
Video Card: GeForce GTX 1060 WINDFORCE OC 3GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350-Gaming
SSD: Adata SP550 120 GB
HDD: -
PSU: Corsair VS550 550W
Case: Corsair SPEC-03 With 3 FAN

Sounds like something is messing with your drivers.  Something badly programmed that eats more and more cycles in the windows multitasker until it’s starts to induce lag because it’s forcing your mouse and keyboard inputs to cue.

Anything running in the background?  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Sounds like a driver issue in windows - 3-4 hours then it's back.. Try reinstalling windows without internet and stay offline while installing drivers. Newest windows 10 iso:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Disable automatic driver installation in windows - https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/disable-automatic-driver-downloads-on-windows-10

And install all drivers manually. Or maybe. delete Kingston RGB software for the keyboard (havent used it so don't know if its alright)

Edit: overclocking helps? Sounds weird? Have you tried running everything stock and on auto - aka memory on jedec 2133mhz? Also try removing cmos battery for 5 mins and see if that helps. (you're clearing cmos while doing this)

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

48 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Sounds like something is messing with your drivers.  Something badly programmed that eats more and more cycles in the windows multitasker until it’s starts to induce lag because it’s forcing your mouse and keyboard inputs to cue.

Anything running in the background?  

There is nothing interesting running in the background i mainly play csgo and pubg and the only thing is running in the background is teamspeak 3 and sometimes spotify.

46 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Sounds like a driver issue in windows - 3-4 hours then it's back.. Try reinstalling windows without internet and stay offline while installing drivers. Newest windows 10 iso:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Disable automatic driver installation in windows - https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/disable-automatic-driver-downloads-on-windows-10

And install all drivers manually. Or maybe. delete Kingston RGB software for the keyboard (havent used it so don't know if its alright)

Edit: overclocking helps? Sounds weird? Have you tried running everything stock and on auto - aka memory on jedec 2133mhz? Also try removing cmos battery for 5 mins and see if that helps. (you're clearing cmos while doing this)

I need to try the windows 10 offline reinstall, also there is no keyboard or mouse driver installed. I tried removing the battery and running everything in stock it works but the problem comes back after a while. Thats the main thing anything i do it comes back i play for 30 minutes and it feels so good and bumm its back and everything is bad again nothing is running in the background. And i do nothing. Also i noticed if i plug something inside a connector where is the pc is connected, or something in my pc like a phone to charge it when its powered off, or anything in the headphone jack, or just putting my finger on the front USB port my mouse lights turn on for a second and turns off after that or sometimes stays on its random. This could be the problem? But my other mouse does this aswell the Logitech G203 not just the Glorious.

7 minutes ago, JusTNaG said:

There is nothing interesting running in the background i mainly play csgo and pubg and the only thing is running in the background is teamspeak 3 and sometimes spotify.

It would have to be something that isn’t supposed to be there.  I don’t have much experience with the peculiarities of win10s auto update thing which is what @DoctorNick seems to be looking at. I think.  He’s probably a better source here.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Do you know why the Logitech Marathon can make double click with a left button, when I just press once?

Is the mouse broken or smthing wrong with the drivers?

Thanks)

35 minutes ago, Alebert said:

Do you know why the Logitech Marathon can make double click with a left button, when I just press once?

Is the mouse broken or smthing wrong with the drivers?

Thanks)

I know what I would blame it on if it was happening to me.  I got essential central tremor.  You probably don’t though.  Mice are often made of cheap garbage and button can get worn.  All I got I’m afraid.

16 hours ago, JusTNaG said:

I need to try the windows 10 offline reinstall, also there is no keyboard or mouse driver installed. I tried removing the battery and running everything in stock it works but the problem comes back after a while. Thats the main thing anything i do it comes back i play for 30 minutes and it feels so good and bumm its back and everything is bad again nothing is running in the background. And i do nothing. Also i noticed if i plug something inside a connector where is the pc is connected, or something in my pc like a phone to charge it when its powered off, or anything in the headphone jack, or just putting my finger on the front USB port my mouse lights turn on for a second and turns off after that or sometimes stays on its random. This could be the problem? But my other mouse does this aswell the Logitech G203 not just the Glorious.

Alright just buy a new CR2032 battery and see if it helps

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

5 hours ago, DoctorNick said:

Alright just buy a new CR2032 battery and see if it helps

Nope, still bad. But thx for trying, also the clean windows install without internet connection didn't solve the problem. :(

So you have any other mice?  Even a crap one?  If it’s happening with different mice it’s not the mouse. It might be third party software you have on your machine for mice though.  I’m not sure if a clean install would have removed it or not.  Win10 has a habit of putting things you don’t want back again anyway though. If it is happening with only one mouse it is either a worn button or possibly there is software for that particular mouse causing an issue.

UPDATE: I seem to be conflating two different posts.  There is another guy who recently posted about a mouse double clicking issue and I was replying about that one.  Mouse lag is different.  I thought this one was resolved earlier.  Sorry.

Edited by Bombastinator
Update

38 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

So you have any other mice?  Even a crap one?  If it’s happening with different mice it’s not the mouse. It might be third party software you have on your machine for mice though.  I’m not sure if a clean install would have removed it or not.  Win10 has a habit of putting things you don’t want back again anyway though. If it is happening with only one mouse it is either a worn button or possibly there is software for that particular mouse causing an issue.

UPDATE: I seem to be conflating two different posts.  There is another guy who recently posted about a mouse double clicking issue and I was replying about that one.  Mouse lag is different.  I thought this one was resolved earlier.  Sorry.

No problem, i have a Logitech G203 and i changed that cause i thought thats the problem but no, same with the current one.

39 minutes ago, JusTNaG said:

No problem, i have a Logitech G203 and i changed that cause i thought thats the problem but no, same with the current one.

Ok.  My first suspicion is this is a driver/win10 problem.  Windows 10 like to do automatic updates and it likes to automatically update everything not just windows.  The path for mouse/keyboard signal is it goes from the device,to the USB port, to a driver which interprets that signal, to the OS (or sometimes directly to a game depending on the game)

it is possible though not particularly likely, that the newest driver for something is causing problems.

things that are apparently known:  

-it’s not the mouse/keyboard because that has been switched out

-it’s not PSU or power or GPU or any of that stuff because they aren’t even involved.

-making the machine process things faster helps but does not eliminate the problem.

-ANY driver update, not just mouse/keyboard, causes the issue to reset but not go away (this bit is exceptionally weird)

-a clean install was done which should (but may not have) removed any Trojans or malware that might be stealing processor performance.

Is all this correct?

34 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Ok.  My first suspicion is this is a driver/win10 problem.  Windows 10 like to do automatic updates and it likes to automatically update everything not just windows.  The path for mouse/keyboard signal is it goes from the device,to the USB port, to a driver which interprets that signal, to the OS (or sometimes directly to a game depending on the game)

it is possible though not particularly likely, that the newest driver for something is causing problems.

things that are apparently known:  

-it’s not the mouse/keyboard because that has been switched out

-it’s not PSU or power or GPU or any of that stuff because they aren’t even involved.

-making the machine process things faster helps but does not eliminate the problem.

-ANY driver update, not just mouse/keyboard, causes the issue to reset but not go away (this bit is exceptionally weird)

-a clean install was done which should (but may not have) removed any Trojans or malware that might be stealing processor performance.

Is all this correct?

Yes, all correct.

9 minutes ago, JusTNaG said:

Yes, all correct.

Ok.  There are a couple possibilities I can think of off hand

1. you’ve got some software somewhere with a memory leak or something that acts like one.  A memory leak is a situation where a piece of software is created badly and uses more and more memory (or sometimes processor function as well) as it continues to run.  Chrome is famous for doing the “something that acts like one” thing.

-check memory use and cpu use. If this is true they should gradually rise over time becoming shocking around the point the mouse starts to misbehave

2. The newest driver for one of your components has an older driver that doesn’t have problems but a newer one that does, and windows is automatically updating a driver that works for a driver that has problems.

-make sure automatic updates is off and see if the problem reoccurs

3.  You’ve got some sort of malware eating your cycles and it keeps reinstalling itself and eventually using up your machine’s capacity.  This one is low probability.  Anything like that should have been wiped by the clean install.  It’s not impossible it’s getting reinfected though. You mentioned for example that you were plugging in your phone.  If the thing is on your phone for example you may be reinjecting it.

- do the incredibly annoying offline reinstall mentioned earlier again, but don’t go online and don’t plug anything foreign into your computer.  Make sure that there are no possible points of infection.  Then check to see if the problem reoccurs.  This is the most awful and annoying one and is the least likely to even be true, so it should be tried only if the other stuff doesn’t work.

2 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Ok.  There are a couple possibilities I can think of off hand

1. you’ve got some software somewhere with a memory leak or something that acts like one.  A memory leak is a situation where a piece of software is created badly and uses more and more memory (or sometimes processor function as well) as it continues to run.  Chrome is famous for doing the “something that acts like one” thing.

-check memory use and cpu use. If this is true they should gradually rise over time becoming shocking around the point the mouse starts to misbehave

2. The newest driver for one of your components has an older driver that doesn’t have problems but a newer one that does, and windows is automatically updating a driver that works for a driver that has problems.

-make sure automatic updates is off and see if the problem reoccurs

3.  You’ve got some sort of malware eating your cycles and it keeps reinstalling itself and eventually using up your machine’s capacity.  This one is low probability.  Anything like that should have been wiped by the clean install.  It’s not impossible it’s getting reinfected though. You mentioned for example that you were plugging in your phone.  If the thing is on your phone for example you may be reinjecting it.

- do the incredibly annoying offline reinstall mentioned earlier again, but don’t go online and don’t plug anything foreign into your computer.  Make sure that there are no possible points of infection.  Then check to see if the problem reoccurs.  This is the most awful and annoying one and is the least likely to even be true, so it should be tried only if the other stuff doesn’t work.

I did the third step with no internet, with every update turned off, i installed both amd chipset driver and nvdia driver form 1 year ago also downloaded the latest one, i installed the oldest one. Then i made sure again that every auto update is turned off even turned auto update off with DDU software there is an option in that. I connected to the internet downloaded only steam and csgo. At first everything was fine for the first 30 to 40 minutes then my mouse laged and everything was garbage again also my movement keys got stuck. So everything was bad again. I installed the lates drivers and the problem was gone again but it came back like before. Also no background CPU or RAM usage was noticable other then CS:GO.

I have no idea what is going on my pc can't handle basic input most basic thing a pc would be able to do. 

I have 2 mouse same problem, also 2 keyboard both with the same problem keys get stuck. So this must be some kind of motherboard or some hardware issue.

Also i tried my old pc which is from 2011 with a Phenom II 970 and Ati 5850 and i gamed on it for 1 hour no problem no key stuck snappy mouse, the only problem is i can't really play CS:GO to make sure 100% but in desktop and other game from that era like Black Ops was fine my mouse was fine. Also my mouse did not turn on from nothing when the pc is turned off and i plug something in to that computer like audio jack or usb stick. 

Also what hardware is more likely to be bad Motherboard, CPU, Ram, PSU? When the usb is like this in your opinion?      

I really appreciate your help.

2 hours ago, JusTNaG said:

I did the third step with no internet, with every update turned off, i installed both amd chipset driver and nvdia driver form 1 year ago also downloaded the latest one, i installed the oldest one. Then i made sure again that every auto update is turned off even turned auto update off with DDU software there is an option in that. I connected to the internet downloaded only steam and csgo. At first everything was fine for the first 30 to 40 minutes then my mouse laged and everything was garbage again also my movement keys got stuck. So everything was bad again. I installed the lates drivers and the problem was gone again but it came back like before. Also no background CPU or RAM usage was noticable other then CS:GO.

I have no idea what is going on my pc can't handle basic input most basic thing a pc would be able to do. 

I have 2 mouse same problem, also 2 keyboard both with the same problem keys get stuck. So this must be some kind of motherboard or some hardware issue.

Also i tried my old pc which is from 2011 with a Phenom II 970 and Ati 5850 and i gamed on it for 1 hour no problem no key stuck snappy mouse, the only problem is i can't really play CS:GO to make sure 100% but in desktop and other game from that era like Black Ops was fine my mouse was fine. Also my mouse did not turn on from nothing when the pc is turned off and i plug something in to that computer like audio jack or usb stick. 

Also what hardware is more likely to be bad Motherboard, CPU, Ram, PSU? When the usb is like this in your opinion?      

I really appreciate your help.

That.. didn’t make any sense.  It might just be me.

you did not check option 1 at all

you did not check option 2 at all

you did not seem to check the mouse lag behavior at all.  I might be wrong about that last.

26 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

That.. didn’t make any sense.  It might just be me.

you did not check option 1 at all

you did not check option 2 at all

you did not seem to check the mouse lag behavior at all.  I might be wrong about that last.

I just went for step 3 cause i thought that cover the previous 2 step. Cause clean install and i tried old and new drivers.

1 minute ago, JusTNaG said:

I just went for step 3 cause i thought that cover the previous 2 step. Cause clean install and i tried old and new drivers.

They each had a different test associated with them, and approached a different possible problem. 

8 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

They each had a different test associated with them, and approached a different possible problem. 

Sorry i misunderstood that, i will do it. Sorry again. I thougt doing step 3 and try out old and new dirvers thought that cover it all. Sorry again.

Just now, JusTNaG said:

Sorry i misunderstood that, i will do it. Sorry again. I thougt doing step 3 and try out old and new dirvers thought that cover it all. Sorry again.

No need to apologize.  It’s just it made things confusing.

12 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

No need to apologize.  It’s just it made things confusing.

I did the step two with every update off, but that did not help. Also step 2 nothing in the background harvesting any resources. :( I have no idea what this could be.

6 minutes ago, JusTNaG said:

I fixed my problem. No mouse lag no key stuck everything works fine.

I simply set my Dynamic VCORE SOC(DVID) to +0.300V.

Here is how my bios and hwinfo looks when my mouse is bad: https://imgur.com/a/cL0LVkl

Here when everything works fine: https://imgur.com/a/DhXzhi8

Also my question is why this fixes my problem?

Heh. Imagur wanted to make sure I was over 18 lol.

sadly I can’t read the data on your pics, they’re too blurry.  Not sure it matters though. Dynamic VCORE SOC(DVID) seems to be a ryzen overclocking thing about which I have no knowledge.  
I will randomly guess anyway though because why not:

It apparently has an auto setting which if it what it was originally set to would mean that you turned off an auto adjustment feature which was causing problems.

mouse bad 

IVgDfDY.png

6xJw5lb.jpg

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ?