Getting 120hz with Older Build

Stoigeboiii

I have a i7-4790k with 16gb and no graphics card.

What graphics card would I need to get Call of Duty Modern Warfare (2019) to run at 120hz with Medium or High Settings.

If you forget budget what do you need? If the budget is $150 what's the best GPU you could get?

For $150? New? A rx580.  That 4790k will hopefully overclock quite a bit.  Might get 4.5 out of it.  At that point a 5700xt you might be able to bury in some games. Those are around $350 right now.  For more $ a 2070S would be bottlenecking on many games.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

100% need to go for a used card to hit that FPS on that title at those settings.

A 980 TI is currently selling for around $130-150 in the US on eBay. Possibly even cheaper if you can find some local deals.

A 980Ti is also comparable to 1070 but the 1070 draws much less power and puts out less heat. 

1660 Ti and 1660 Super are also comparable if you can pick them up for $150 (some have sold for this price on eBay)

1 hour ago, Blatcher2 said:

100% need to go for a used card to hit that FPS on that title at those settings.

A 980 TI is currently selling for around $130-150 in the US on eBay. Possibly even cheaper if you can find some local deals.

A 980Ti is also comparable to 1070 but the 1070 draws much less power and puts out less heat. 

1660 Ti and 1660 Super are also comparable if you can pick them up for $150 (some have sold for this price on eBay)

What FPS would a 980ti get?

4790k + 5700xt:

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

5 hours ago, Stoigeboiii said:

My only data is from a 970 which is a good bit slower.  I get about a 60% speed boost from a 580 over a 970.  The 980ti has more power and 2gb more of memory.  Still only 6gb though.  It will depend a lot on whether that 6gb turns into a problem for what you are doing or not.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

11 hours ago, Stoigeboiii said:

80 FPS at 1080p Ultra Settings. With Medium settings you would be over 100fps