Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hihihi8

Late 2019 Entry Level Smartphone Recommendations

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi. So after years of using flagship devices, I realized I had absolutely no need for a top of the line smartphone, and was just wasting money on it. I recently obliterated my huawei p10 plus as well as my backup p9, and am In the market for a replacement phone, so was looking for some advice on what to get. All I do with my phone is listen to music, watch a couple of youtube videos, google stuff, and maybe take 1 phone call a week, so requirements really aren't high.

I've got a few criteria that I want to meet tho:

1. MUST have a 3.5mm headphone jack

2. Decent battery life to keep going throughout the day

3. Must have either 128gb of internal storage, or dual sim with the option of inserting an SD card in one of those slots.

Things couldn't care less about:

1. Camera quality

2. gaming performance

3. Screen size

4. notches, with or without

5. Prestige/Snob factor of owning X

Things I dont want:

1. Apple.

2. Apple.

Thanks

PC 1: Pinky (Yes that is her name)

I7 5930K — 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 @2400Mhz — MSi X99A Godlike Gaming Motherboard — GTX 980Ti SLI(2-WAY) — Full Custom Hardline Water Cooling — Samsung 950Pro 512GB PCIe OS SSD — Seagate 2TB 7200RPM Storage HDD — Corsair RM1000 — Thermaltake Core P5

PC 2: Red Box/Scarlet Overkill (Dual Xeon)

Xeon E5-2687W x2 — 96GB Kingston DDR3 @1333Mhz — EVGA Classified SR-X Dual CPU — GTX 1070 SLI(2-WAY) — Full Custom Hardline Water Cooling — Samsung 750 EVO 256GB OS SSD — Seagate 2TB 2.5" Storage HDD x3 — Self-Built Case

Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom. They had it on sale for $169 a little while ago, not sure if they have any stock left.

Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

26 minutes ago, hihihi8 said:

Hi. So after years of using flagship devices, I realized I had absolutely no need for a top of the line smartphone, and was just wasting money on it. I recently obliterated my huawei p10 plus as well as my backup p9, and am In the market for a replacement phone, so was looking for some advice on what to get. All I do with my phone is listen to music, watch a couple of youtube videos, google stuff, and maybe take 1 phone call a week, so requirements really aren't high.

I've got a few criteria that I want to meet tho:

1. MUST have a 3.5mm headphone jack

2. Decent battery life to keep going throughout the day

3. Must have either 128gb of internal storage, or dual sim with the option of inserting an SD card in one of those slots.

Things couldn't care less about:

1. Camera quality

2. gaming performance

3. Screen size

4. notches, with or without

5. Prestige/Snob factor of owning X

Things I dont want:

1. Apple.

2. Apple.

Thanks

You could still consider an older flagship because those are a lot cheaper than the current devices and will do a better job than a really cheap phone.

Crimson Panda

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/g6T8QV

AKG K712 PRO

OL DAC
Magni 3

I was going to suggest the Pixel 3a, but it only has 64GB of storage.  I'd point to a Motorola phone like the G7 Plus (the non-Play versions of the G8 don't seem to be widely available on Amazon) or even something like the One Vision.

8 hours ago, hihihi8 said:

Whats your budget or target price?

You told us what are the must haves and what you don't care about. But what about the nice-to-haves?

What did you like and dislike about the P9 and P10P?

Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.