Super disappointed please help

Nestor95

Hello I built my pc about 1 week ago. I'm new to pc gaming this is my first rig(maybe Im just new and I did something wrong). I have updated all the drivers for the motherboard as well bios and graphics card. I stress tested the gpu with furmark and it completed the test run nothing out of the ordinary. I'm disappointed in the fact that I've been testing my rig trying to fix the problems for the last few days. I know that this is common, not all games are optimized for pc and that crashing can still happen to higher end pc as well. 

I'm crashing in almost all games and it's getting frustrating. I did a clean reinstall of windows twice to make sure everything is good. I did all of the "trick" for specific games. I'm crashing in rising storm 2 Vietnam, quack champions,fortnite, modern warfare. 

Please help me maybe there's something I'm missing. 

My system specs. 

3900x

X570 aorus master

32gb ram 

M. 2 1tb 

2060 super

Crashing how.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

18 minutes ago, Nestor95 said:

My system specs. 

3900x

X570 aorus master

32gb ram 

M. 2 1tb 

2060 super

what power supply model and/or product name?

7 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Crashing how.

It freezes and then the game closes. 

5 minutes ago, LogicWeasel said:

what power supply model and/or product name?

750 W Silverstone platinum. 

10 hours ago, Nestor95 said:

It freezes and then the game closes. 

Did you download your graphics drivers from Nvidia directly or did you let windows install it for you?  Make sure you do the former, even if windows installed the latest one for you.

Also, are you overclocking anything?  Running your RAM's XMP profile?  Both of these could cause instability, especially manual overclocks.  In a perfect world an XMP profile will work great, but it's not always the case.  If you've manually configured anything in the bios, I'd reset to defaults for testing purposes.

14 hours ago, Oopy Doopy said:

Did you download your graphics drivers from Nvidia directly or did you let windows install it for you?  Make sure you do the former, even if windows installed the latest one for you.

Also, are you overclocking anything?  Running your RAM's XMP profile?  Both of these could cause instability, especially manual overclocks.  In a perfect world an XMP profile will work great, but it's not always the case.  If you've manually configured anything in the bios, I'd reset to defaults for testing purposes.

I installed GeForce experience and from there downloaded the drivers. Nothing is overclocked I just used a xmp preset 3200 in the bios for the ram. Which is what's its rated for the kit 32gb. I also installed in the 2nd slot and then in the forth slot left to right. Almost all of my games crash even indie games like project warlock. 

Thanks for the help. 

15 hours ago, Oopy Doopy said:

I installed GeForce experience and from there downloaded the drivers. Nothing is overclocked I just used a xmp preset 3200 in the bios for the ram. Which is what's its rated for the kit 32gb. I also installed ram in the 2nd slot and then in the forth slot left to right. Almost all of my games crash even indie games like project warlock. 

Thanks for the help. 

I constantly get the error message "this application has crashed and will now close". Doesn't matter what I do almost all of my games crash and I honestly have no idea why. Please help I really just want to enjoy my pc. Which I built to enjoy playing games. 

39 minutes ago, Nestor95 said:

I installed GeForce experience and from there downloaded the drivers. Nothing is overclocked I just used a xmp preset 3200 in the bios for the ram. Which is what's its rated for the kit 32gb. I also installed in the 2nd slot and then in the forth slot left to right. Almost all of my games crash even indie games like project warlock. 

Thanks for the help. 

What is your specific ram kit for Example(F4-3200C16D-16GTZR) is specific, you can get this from the product page you purchased it from.

None the less Turn off xmp and let the ram run at default speeds, if the games still crash I would rule out the XMP settings.

Pull out one stick, test the games. No crash, then good. Test the other stick if no crash then good. 

it wouldnt be ram at this point

but if both sticks Crash then, try a different dimm slots the result should be consistent

If it crashes every single time on every contingency re-seat your CPU.  

17 minutes ago, FatherChaos said:

What is your specific ram kit for Example(F4-3200C16D-16GTZR) is specific, you can get this from the product page you purchased it from.

None the less Turn off xmp and let the ram run at default speeds, if the games still crash I would rule out the XMP settings.

Pull out one stick, test the games. No crash, then good. Test the other stick if no crash then good. 

it wouldnt be ram at this point

but if both sticks Crash then, try a different dimm slots the result should be consistent

If it crashes every single time on every contingency re-seat your CPU.  

Hello the ram I'm using is CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Desktop Memory Model CMW32GX4M2C3200C16. 

I'll report later today when I turn the xmp profile off and hope thats the cause.Should I run the windows ram diagnostic test. Ill make sure that I double check that the cpu is in the correct position. Although I don't believe that's the cause I made sure I aligned the triangles, I have the box color that came with the ryzen 3900x. 

1 hour ago, Nestor95 said:

Hello the ram I'm using is CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Desktop Memory Model CMW32GX4M2C3200C16. 

Just to let you know , that RAM kit is not AMD optimized.

Its not on your MotherBoards QVL list and Corsairs Website also states this 

Getting it to work may be more of a headache than it is worth. 

This means that advertised speeds may not be reachable.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360030465392-AMD-RYZEN-2000-3000-SERIES-Memory-Compatibility-List-

Drivers downloaded through GFE are often buggy. DDU your current drivers and install from NVIDIA website instead. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

9 hours ago, FatherChaos said:

Just to let you know , that RAM kit is not AMD optimized.

Its not on your MotherBoards QVL list and Corsairs Website also states this 

Getting it to work may be more of a headache than it is worth. 

This means that advertised speeds may not be reachable.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360030465392-AMD-RYZEN-2000-3000-SERIES-Memory-Compatibility-List-

Would this ram kit work better for my pc. G.SKILL Trident Z Neo (For AMD Ryzen) Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin RGB DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) Desktop Memory Model F4-3600C18D-32GTZN

Where could I try and flip my ram. 

54 minutes ago, Nestor95 said:

Where could I try and flip my ram. 

Did you do testing and find conclusive proof that the games do not crash when running the ram frequency lower?  If not you're getting a bit ahead of yourself.

16 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

Drivers downloaded through GFE are often buggy. DDU your current drivers and install from NVIDIA website instead. 

I reinstalled the drivers and it doesn't seem to have done much the games are still crashing. Now the games don't have an error message  they just take me to the desktop.

2 minutes ago, Nestor95 said:

I reinstalled the drivers and it doesn't seem to have done much the games are still crashing. Now the games don't have an error message  they just take me to the desktop.

Did you use DDU (display driver uninstaller) in safe mode? 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

18 hours ago, Nestor95 said:

I'll report later today when I turn the xmp profile off and hope thats the cause.

What about doing memory testing, which would be a very good idea.  Also worth doing if that doesn't fix it, is try it with just 1 stick of RAM at a time, you may have just 1 bad stick.  Memory issues can do all sorts of weird stuff like this, so it'd be worth testing this sooner as it MIGHT just be the issue.

27 minutes ago, LogicWeasel said:

What about doing memory testing, which would be a very good idea.  Also worth doing if that doesn't fix it, is try it with just 1 stick of RAM at a time, you may have just 1 bad stick.  Memory issues can do all sorts of weird stuff like this, so it'd be worth testing this sooner as it MIGHT just be the issue.

7 hours ago, LogicWeasel said:

Did you do testing and find conclusive proof that the games do not crash when running the ram frequency lower?  If not you're getting a bit ahead of yourself.

What LogicWeasel said the RAM should still run at base DDR4 frequency and it should be fine you really have to test this, because it can still be something else, did you do the testing I mentioned?

If you think it is the ram you can always return it, instead of trying to sell it.

On 12/12/2019 at 7:23 PM, LogicWeasel said:

On 12/12/2019 at 7:54 PM, FatherChaos said:

What LogicWeasel said the RAM should still run at base DDR4 frequency and it should be fine you really have to test this, because it can still be something else, did you do the testing I mentioned?

If you think it is the ram you can always return it, instead of trying to sell it.

When i turned the xmp profile off i noticed that the games wouldn't immediately crash. Fortnite is playable and I'm able to play some games like project warlock although they eventually crash. It definitely improved things and i do see the differences, but i don't think it has solved things completely.

On 12/12/2019 at 7:14 PM, Mark Kaine said:

Did you use DDU (display driver uninstaller) in safe mode? 

Yes I did as the program recommended and i uninstalled the drivers in safe mode. I'm not sure if this helped with some games or  it was the ram xmp changing it.

I bought the ram during a sale in June or July so its out of the return warranty. I bought it as a way to solidify my commitment to build it by buying my case and the ram.

I will use memtest86 if there is a different program thats better please let me know, and I'll report back later.

7 hours ago, Nestor95 said:

When i turned the xmp profile off i noticed that the games wouldn't immediately crash. Fortnite is playable and I'm able to play some games like project warlock although they eventually crash. It definitely improved things and i do see the differences, but i don't think it has solved things completely.

If the crashing got better, than the issue strongly points to memory.  If you haven't already, I would double-check that the two slots they're installed in are the ones called for by the motherboard manual to use in dual-channel mode, put them in the slots called for, but even if they already were I would try switching the two sticks (trade places) and make sure they're re-seated fully, and evenly.

You could try memtest but the easiest way to find out quickly, is to just remove 1 stick, try a game test see if it crashes at all, then try the other stick by itself also.  Easy way to see if it one is better than the other, or if it's a case for RMA'ing them.

On 12/10/2019 at 10:23 PM, Nestor95 said:

I have updated all the drivers for the motherboard as well bios ... 

My system specs. 

X570 aorus master

Just to confirm, what BIOS version are you running right now?  There is a new BIOS dated 12/09/2019 that has these improvements noted: 

1. Improve PCIe device compatibility
  2. Improve memory compatibility

This page: https://www.aorus.com/X570-AORUS-MASTER-rev-10 > click Download tab > click BIOS

That memory compatibility note may target this exact issue of yours as abnormal memory behavior is why they note that fix.

6 hours ago, LogicWeasel said:

Just to confirm, what BIOS version are you running right now?  There is a new BIOS dated 12/09/2019 that has these improvements noted: 

1. Improve PCIe device compatibility
  2. Improve memory compatibility

This page: https://www.aorus.com/X570-AORUS-MASTER-rev-10 > click Download tab > click BIOS

That memory compatibility note may target this exact issue of yours as abnormal memory behavior is why they note that fix.

I ran the windows memory diagnostic and memtest86 and both showed no issues I put screen shots of the results. I also updated my bios to the current one. I deleted the old save file and installed it fresh. Also in the photo is a screen shot of the Manuel and to my understanding I don't think it has any difference to what slot the ram should go. I'm still crashing in the same games. I'll switch the ram placements from 2 and 4 to 1 and 3.

20191214_110727.jpg

Screenshot_20191214-122416_Drive.jpg