Which 2080 Super to buy? which brand? what is the quieter one?

Windows95

Looking at prices and the models, the Gigabyte Gaming OC (White or Black, whichever you decide) would be the best bet.

1 hour ago, Windows95 said:

Also do all modern GPUs have this technology of reverting the fans at boot so they clean itselves? I found this cool about my old (and currrent) GPU. Its this one:

I don't think they do that anymore.

MAIN PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi  CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2  GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz CL15

Case: CoolerMaster TD500 Mesh PSU: Thermaltake GF1 PE 750w Storage: 1TB Western Digital Blue 3D + 1TB Crucial P1 + 1TB ADATA XPG Gammix S11 Pro + 4TB Seagate Barracuda 5400RPM OS: Windows 10 Home

Headphones: Philips SHP9500s   Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Cherry MX Red  Displays: Gigabyte M27Q (27" 1440p 170hz IPS), Samsung UN32EH4003FXZA (32" 768p 60hz TV)

SECONDARY PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-9100F Processor  Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4-CB  CPU Cooler: Arctic Alpine 12 CO  GPU: EVGA RTX 3060 XC RAM: ADATA XPG 16GB (2x8GB) 2400Mhz CL16

Case: CyberpowerPC Onyxia  PSU: ATNG ATA-B 800w 80 Plus Bronze  Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD 5400RPM    OS: Windows 10 Home

Former parts that I've used: Acer XG270HU, Asus Dual OC 2080, Gigabyte Aorus Master 3080, Gigabyte Gaming OC 3080, EVGA XC3 Ultra 3080, EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 Ti

4 minutes ago, Windows95 said:

https://www.pccomponentes.com/tarjetas-graficas/gf-2080-series

help me picking up one from here im going insane

which has the quietest idle noise? I NEED IT TO BE QUIET FOR WHEN I MAKE MUSIC

Also, quit posting when no one replies. It gets annoying. It may take an hour or 2 for people to comment on a post since most people have lives.

MAIN PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi  CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2  GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz CL15

Case: CoolerMaster TD500 Mesh PSU: Thermaltake GF1 PE 750w Storage: 1TB Western Digital Blue 3D + 1TB Crucial P1 + 1TB ADATA XPG Gammix S11 Pro + 4TB Seagate Barracuda 5400RPM OS: Windows 10 Home

Headphones: Philips SHP9500s   Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Cherry MX Red  Displays: Gigabyte M27Q (27" 1440p 170hz IPS), Samsung UN32EH4003FXZA (32" 768p 60hz TV)

SECONDARY PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-9100F Processor  Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4-CB  CPU Cooler: Arctic Alpine 12 CO  GPU: EVGA RTX 3060 XC RAM: ADATA XPG 16GB (2x8GB) 2400Mhz CL16

Case: CyberpowerPC Onyxia  PSU: ATNG ATA-B 800w 80 Plus Bronze  Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD 5400RPM    OS: Windows 10 Home

Former parts that I've used: Acer XG270HU, Asus Dual OC 2080, Gigabyte Aorus Master 3080, Gigabyte Gaming OC 3080, EVGA XC3 Ultra 3080, EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 Ti

2 minutes ago, MrBrightSyde said:

Looking at prices and the models, the Gigabyte Gaming OC (White or Black, whichever you decide) would be the best bet.

I don't think they do that anymore.

Not according to this:

https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/gigabyte_geforce_rtx_2080_gaming_oc_8g_review,11.html

compared to asus:

https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/asus_geforce_rtx_2080s_dual_evo_review,8.html

And im worried those long ass triple fan cards dont fit on my define r4 case

might cop the asus one, at 29 seems unbeatable

2 dB? You're worried about literally 2 dB. There is little difference at all and you wouldn't be able to tell.  It seems like you made up your mind however even though you said you were going insane. Also, the Gaming OC has better temperatures, which is why I chose it in the first place.

Edit: to add on, you should've told us your case in the first place. And yes, it should be able to fit your case, possibly have to remove some of the drive bays

MAIN PC:

SECONDARY PC:

I'm using a Asus Dual RTX 2060 Super Evo OC. It looks about the same as the 2080 Super version in size and outer visible parts. For the 2060 version by default the fans spin to 30% when the GPU is 55C so it's fairly quiet. I believe the 2080 version is setup the same but may run a little hotter on load. Tweak II software for the card can adjust fan curves for the 2 fans separately and have a profile setup after the windows start up if you really want to customize things to be more quiet through software.

There doesn't seem to be a way to turn off the RGB strip or change the color.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

4 hours ago, Windows95 said:

I like my fps but I hate noise as I do music too. So which is the best one when it comes to being quiet? basically in idle, when I do gaming i use headphones so i dont care that much

Please help, I need one ideally to be sold in this shoop: https://www.pccomponentes.com/tarjetas-graficas/gf-2080-series

I'd suggest going with a GPU from MSI as they are really good, and have a zero frozr mode which in short means that the fans does not spin under 60* celsius only above 60*

which means it would be nice in your case

:3

15 hours ago, ItsVisionPone said:

I'd suggest going with a GPU from MSI as they are really good, and have a zero frozr mode which in short means that the fans does not spin under 60* celsius only above 60*

which means it would be nice in your case

how safe is that? fan not spinning? ehh, doesnt sound like a realiable thing long term

3 hours ago, Windows95 said:

how safe is that? fan not spinning? ehh, doesnt sound like a realiable thing long term

The heatsinks are more than big enough to dissipate heat passively during low usage, and fans not spinning would be better long term, as often the fans are the first thing to fail.

I believe ever since Nvidia 9xx series and AMD 3XX it have become quite common to let the cards passive under certain temperatures targets, for example both Asus and GB cards that you posted seems to turn off the fans at idle(not sure why the Guru3d shows the GB card making noise at idle, other reviews say it was off during idle/low usage), the Asus low noise at idle is due the fans not turning on at all, 29db is the room noise level.

9 minutes ago, KaitouX said:

The heatsinks are more than big enough to dissipate heat passively during low usage, and fans not spinning would be better long term, as often the fans are the first thing to fail.

I believe ever since Nvidia 9xx series and AMD 3XX it have become quite common to let the cards passive under certain temperatures targets, for example both Asus and GB cards that you posted seems to turn off the fans at idle(not sure why the Guru3d shows the GB card making noise at idle, other reviews say it was off during idle/low usage), the Asus low noise at idle is due the fans not turning on at all, 29db is the room noise level.

So should I buy this one?

https://www.pccomponentes.com/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-2080-super-gaming-oc-8gb-gddr6

do they have options to set speed fan configurations? what would be the sane settings to use?

16 minutes ago, Windows95 said:

So should I buy this one?

https://www.pccomponentes.com/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-2080-super-gaming-oc-8gb-gddr6

do they have options to set speed fan configurations? what would be the sane settings to use?

It seems like the GB is the best that is available for that price, so yeah.

You shouldn't need to adjust anything, but you probably can just use Afterburner if you need to change something.

Settings are dependent on what you want, as long you don't let it over the safe temperatures it will be fine.

MSI Afterburner is great for setting up custom fan curves with Nvidea cards so feel free to tweak it for your own needs.  On that card the memory is massively under-clocked from the factory so if you want free performance bump it up a bit to say +1200-1350, it may run hotter like this (only in games etc tho) but so long as you keep fans queit at idle and only ramp up when gaming (set it to ramp up fans at say 55-60C) shouldn't ever be a bother while mixing music etc

and yeah like others said 0% fans isn't a issue, if you are just browsing internet, using none GPU intensive software the thermal mass of the heatsinks will keep it well well below any temps to worry about, it simply doesn't spin the fans because it doesn't need to, it wouldn't be a feature companies used if not for that, companies like Gigabyte aren't in the business of dealing with thousands of RMA'd cards. 

The aus rog strix series have always been one of the best. Has silent rpm mode and dual bios. RGB and good cooling

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

14 minutes ago, SavageNeo said:

The aus rog strix series have always been one of the best. Has silent rpm mode and dual bios. RGB and good cooling

stock, I pushed my poor 970 to the limit and that card wasn't quite.

if you really want quite go water cooled.

If you aren't trying to play 4K 60 or 1440p 144 I'd drop down to a lower end GPU

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

I’m with you, I plan on water cooling so I’m more interested in performance than noise. I’m trying to figure out which has better performance between the ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 Super Triple-Fan 8GB GDDR6 PCIe Video Card or the EVGA Black Gaming GeForce RTX 2080 Super Dual-Fan 8GB GDDR6 PCIe Video Card. Anyone know of a place which has direct comparison benchmarks? 

17 hours ago, Otto_iii said:

MSI Afterburner is great for setting up custom fan curves with Nvidea cards so feel free to tweak it for your own needs.  On that card the memory is massively under-clocked from the factory so if you want free performance bump it up a bit to say +1200-1350, it may run hotter like this (only in games etc tho) but so long as you keep fans queit at idle and only ramp up when gaming (set it to ramp up fans at say 55-60C) shouldn't ever be a bother while mixing music etc

and yeah like others said 0% fans isn't a issue, if you are just browsing internet, using none GPU intensive software the thermal mass of the heatsinks will keep it well well below any temps to worry about, it simply doesn't spin the fans because it doesn't need to, it wouldn't be a feature companies used if not for that, companies like Gigabyte aren't in the business of dealing with thousands of RMA'd cards. 

im just confused at this:

https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/gigabyte_geforce_rtx_2080_gaming_oc_8g_review,11.html

shouldn't db at idle be 0? no cards show 0 db on those tests

fairly sure 0db is what you would hear if you could go to outer-space without a helmet, you probably have never heard less then about 5-10db in your life.  Typical quiet bedroom is like 30db, most office buildings and libraries are about 40db, i found other tests with same results and one has to conclude the noise floor for some of these buildings might be the actual factor.  The one thing you could look out for with any 0RPM card is if people report the card has "coil whine", otherwise its more likely your PCs case fans will make far more sound, you should be fine so long as Coil Wine isn't a issue. 

On 12/10/2019 at 10:05 PM, Windows95 said:

I like my fps but I hate noise as I do music too. So which is the best one when it comes to being quiet? basically in idle, when I do gaming i use headphones so i dont care that much

Please help, I need one ideally to be sold in this shoop: https://www.pccomponentes.com/tarjetas-graficas/gf-2080-series

Whatever GPU has an AIO will give you some of the quietest results. I got myself a 980Ti Hybrid and has barely made a peep in the years I've owned it.

5 minutes ago, Otto_iii said:

fairly sure 0db is what you would hear if you could go to outer-space without a helmet, you probably have never heard less then about 5-10db in your life.  Typical quiet bedroom is like 30db, most office buildings and libraries are about 40db, i found other tests with same results and one has to conclude the noise floor for some of these buildings might be the actual factor.  The one thing you could look out for with any 0RPM card is if people report the card has "coil whine", otherwise its more likely your PCs case fans will make far more sound, you should be fine so long as Coil Wine isn't a issue. 

so you are saying the gpu werent measured in a vacuum so what was measured was the nosie of other things but the gigabyte was actually 0db cause no fans turning on idle? thats what i understand