Boneworks and I5 4690k

Hi everyone! I, like everyone in the VR community, am very excited for boneworks. Is anyone out there using an I5 4690k to play it? I know its old and it might not work too great with the game, but i would like to know if i could play it now or wait until my PC upgrade in a few months.

My System:

CPU: I5 4690k Overclocked to 4.6 GHz

GPU: GTX 1070

RAM: 32gb 

I appreciate the help!

I'm sorry if someone else has already answered this, I googled it and searched here and could not find the answer.

36 minutes ago, Xanthus1214 said:

Hi everyone! I, like everyone in the VR community, am very excited for boneworks. Is anyone out there using an I5 4690k to play it? I know its old and it might not work too great with the game, but i would like to know if i could play it now or wait until my PC upgrade in a few months.

My System:

I appreciate the help!

I'm sorry if someone else has already answered this, I googled it and searched here and could not find the answer.

Your system meets the minimum requirements, but not the recommended, so you may not get 90 FPS but will probably be playable.

37 minutes ago, Xanthus1214 said:

My System:

I appreciate the help!

Easiest way to find out:  look at the minimum and recommended hardware requirements .

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

13 minutes ago, sphbecker said:

Your system meets the minimum requirements, but not the recommended, so you may not get 90 FPS but will probably be playable.

Thank you!

12 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Easiest way to find out:  look at the minimum and recommended hardware requirements .

i knew i met the minimum, i'm hoping my overclock will give me a boost.

8 minutes ago, Xanthus1214 said:

i knew i met the minimum, i'm hoping my overclock will give me a boost.

I am sure it helps, but due to cache and IPC, you will still be behind the 7700k that is recommended (maybe not by much).

I used to use a 4790k for VR, it worked really well, combined with my Vive and GTX 970. VR games aren't very multithreaded so you'd likely enjoy some pretty great performance.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I am running my Rift S on a Asus ROG Strix Scar GL703GM laptop with the following specs, also of note this laptop has a mini display port:

CPU: i7-8750H
GPU: GTX 1060 6gb Mobile
Memory: 1x16gb DDR4 2666

I am not super knowledgeable about how these things work but a quick "vs" google search leads me to believe that these two cpu's can give close to the same performance ( I am certainly waiting to be corrected) and you beat me in gpu and memory so...

I am able to play Boneworks on medium settings. I get a little stuttering every now and then but the game is very playable. Although at the Main Menu room it is giving me an error message that my cpu isn't supported because its base clock is only 2.2ghz (Turbos up to 4.1ish and sustains around 3.2ish), but it seems to be working just fine.