Does the Asus Prime X470 Pro comes with latest BIOS?

Hey, decided to jump on the red train and get the Ryzen 3700X. I picked the Asus Prime X470 Pro Mobo and I was wondering if the board comes with the latest version of the BIOS since it's been out for awhile.

Unfortunatly this motherboard doesn't have the bios flash update feature and I would need an old AMD CPU to update it which I don't have.

Thanks much love.

Depends on how new the unit the store is sending you.

In my experience, basically all boards are now Ryzen 3000 ready. But you can really know for sure with:

1. boards made specifically for Ryzen 3000 (MSI's MAX boards, X570, etc.)

2. boards that have this sticker on the packaging:

Image result for ryzen 3000 ready

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Hey and welcome!

this sadly can’t be guaranteed... at the factory they do flash the newest versions. But depending on when to board was made and  how long the board has been sitting at the retailers shelf it might have an old version. Most retailers however offer pretty cheap service to upgrade the BIOS for you.

also sometimes you can get it for free by asking politely :D

also some vendors do include stickers on units with new chipsets or updates bios to indicate that 3xxx chips are supported 

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

Thanks for the welcoming :)

I don't see the sticker on it :( But I guess I'll give it a shot. I assume if the bios isn't updated, it just won't boot?

Manufactures will ship their motherboards with the latest BIOS. Depending upon how long the boards sit in a warehouse or on a shelf in a store will likely mean it may be a bit out of date buy the time it gets to you. The best practice is to update your BIOS when new revisions become available, but most importantly, during your initial build. 

9 minutes ago, Tyrii said:

I don't see the sticker on it :( But I guess I'll give it a shot. I assume if the bios isn't updated, it just won't boot?

Yup! nothing bad will happen. If that’s the case drive to your local retailer and ask them to flash the bios for you. It might cost anywhere from 5$ to 20$. i got it done for free at microcenter 

EDIT: Ceep us up to date on how it goes!

6 minutes ago, Tyrii said:

If it doesn't have the correct BIOS, it won't boot. More precisely, there are probably little LEDs on the top left, one of which being CPU. That will probably light up.

Worst case scenario, the above happens.

Best case: maybe they did update the BIOS actually..? Can always hope..

Having a store update the bios in the worst case scenario is probably the best option to go for 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

On 12/10/2019 at 7:23 PM, Metallus97 said:

Yup! nothing bad will happen. If that’s the case drive to your local retailer and ask them to flash the bios for you. It might cost anywhere from 5$ to 20$. i got it done for free at microcenter 

EDIT: Ceep us up to date on how it goes!

Update, the motherboard came with the BIOS updated! I ran into some issue cause I tried changing the RAM frequency but I forgot to change the XMP profile (I'm an idiot). Anyway, everything is working now :D running PUBG at 200+ FPS, life is great. Thanks for all your advices

Here's the final result and the build!

CPU: Ryzen 3700X

GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Super

Mobo: Asus Prime X470 Pro

Ram: Trident Z Royal 3600MHz 18CAL 16GB

Case: Corsait 220T

PSU: Corsair TMX750W

PC.jpg

5 minutes ago, Tyrii said:

Update, the motherboard came with the BIOS updated! I ran into some issue cause I tried changing the RAM frequency but I forgot to change the XMP profile (I'm an idiot). Anyway, everything is working now :D running PUBG at 200+ FPS, life is great. Thanks for all your advices

Here's the final result and the build!

CPU: Ryzen 3700X

GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Super

Mobo: Asus Prime X470 Pro

Ram: Trident Z Royal 3600MHz 18CAL 16GB

Case: Corsait 220T

PSU: Corsair TMX750W

CONGRATS my lady!

looking good and pink lol

only thing that i see is that the CPU fan cable could be hidden a bit better and idd route GPU power through the back to avoid the long cable going down to the shroud.

But that’s minor things. The white case is sexy

2 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

CONGRATS my lady!

looking good and pink lol

only thing that i see is that the CPU fan cable could be hidden a bit better and idd route GPU power through the back to avoid the long cable going down to the shroud

Definitly, I need to do some cable management haha

2 minutes ago, Tyrii said:

Definitly, I need to do some cable management haha

Get some color-coordinated pcie extension cables to complete the look

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

3 minutes ago, Plutosaurus said:

Get some color-coordinated pcie extension cables to complete the look

I use bitfenix. Quality is there and its much cheaper than CableMod or some like that.