Which waterblock do i use aesthetics wise?

Which waterblock do i use aesthetics wise?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which water block do you think is more aesthetically pleasing?

• Thermaltake Pacific DIY LCS W4
    • Corsair Hydro X Series, XC7 RGB CPU Water Block

Im trying to pick a waterblock for my end game build. im curious as to what people think is the better looking aesthetically.聽

Personally i think the new EK Velocity is super clean and sexy looking. But from the provided list I like the corsair more... much more. TT looks like cheap plastic riced up with RGB (ok sorry TT I actually like and use some of your products)

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 馃檪

Just now, Metallus97 said:

Personally i think the new EK Velocity is super clean and sexy looking. But from the provided list I like the corsair more... much more. TT looks like cheap plastic riced up with RGB (ok sorry TT I actually like and use some of your products)

i plan on using a big mix of both thier products. My case is the TOWER 900 by TT. I might have rgb fittings by TT. Power supply by corsair. Corsair commander pro for fan controll. TT radiator. ECT

1 minute ago, EmoChipmonk said:

i plan on using a big mix of both thier products. My case is the TOWER 900 by TT. I might have rgb fittings by TT. Power supply by corsair. Corsair commander pro for fan controll. TT radiator. ECT

OMG RGB fittings lol well then the round RGB of the TT block could be a nice fit also聽

Just now, Metallus97 said:

OMG RGB fittings lol well then the round RGB of the TT block could be a nice fit also聽

kinda crazy i know but i would rather do that then use colored coolent.

1 minute ago, Metallus97 said:

outside of the forums i have 4 other votes for the TT ones

4 minutes ago, EmoChipmonk said:

kinda crazy i know but i would rather do that then use colored coolent.

I tried so manny different colored coolants... i had corrosion... stuck color and so on and so on.. but aqacomputer DP ultra I can let run for 2 yrs 24/7 and have ZEROOOO coloring, corrosion, annything. Flush once with Destiled and the rig is as new.

But i digress... I have looked at the TT RGB fittings and now i am leaning towards the TT Block for the combination.

The block alone HELLNOO get Corsair or even better EK Velocity

3 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

I tried so manny different colored coolants... i had corrosion... stuck color and so on and so on.. but aqacomputer DP ultra I can let run for 2 yrs 24/7 and have ZEROOOO coloring, corrosion, annything. Flush once with Destiled and the rig is as new.

But i digress... I have looked at the TT RGB fittings and now i am leaning towards the TT Block for the combination.

though if i get a mobo that i can get a monoblock for this is certianly moot.

Just now, EmoChipmonk said:

though if i get a mobo that i can get a monoblock for this is certianly moot.

also im just kinda going for whats on amazon

17 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

ill give that coolent some consideration.

28 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

What case did you have? Just curious. I know im going super bloody nuts with the TOWER 900 so im curious what your build is like.

2 minutes ago, EmoChipmonk said:

What case did you have? Just curious. I know im going super bloody nuts with the TOWER 900 so im curious what your build is like.

Corsair Obsidian 750D but modded to accomondate the res and pump聽

There you go:

Spoiler

3BB9A2BC-B0F8-49B2-AA31-4C8BE650A01D.thumb.png.86ceabc91a890e6cdc06a65a5ad5d6ee.png

This is an old picture. I got聽a 420 in top now and a VII and two V64 replacing the 2x 290x but the basic loop setup is the same聽

There you go:

Reveal hidden contents

3BB9A2BC-B0F8-49B2-AA31-4C8BE650A01D.thumb.png.86ceabc91a890e6cdc06a65a5ad5d6ee.png

This is an old picture. I got聽a 420 in top now and a VII and two V64 replacing the 2x 290x but the basic loop setup is the same聽

that is an incredably sexy build.

There you go:

Reveal hidden contents

i plan on hard line for my first time watercooling, IM OUT OF MY MIND

Personally I'd want to avoid plastic and go with a full metal block, but it's your baby.聽 You might do some research into whether either or those blocks is prone to having the plastic crack.聽 I got concerned after seeing a few photos of cracked plexi blocks.聽

31 minutes ago, bkrownd said:

Personally I'd want to avoid plastic and go with a full metal block, but it's your baby.聽 You might do some research into whether either or those blocks is prone to having the plastic crack.聽 I got concerned after seeing a few photos of cracked plexi blocks.聽

i habe my supremancy evo for 6yrs now and nothing happend. They only crack when you thighten down your fittings to much.

Can you tighten them too much for the plexi with just your fingers, or are silly people taking wrenches to them?聽

46 minutes ago, bkrownd said:

Can you tighten them too much for the plexi with just your fingers, or are silly people taking wrenches to them?聽

you can by hand but you鈥檇 have to really want to

22 hours ago, LED_Guy said:

Personally I'm a fan of the Kuplex Kryos聽https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info.php?language=en&products_id=3561

You can get them with an OLED display that gives temperature.聽 If you have the money and want to push things to the edge of performance, you can get a solid silver block as well.

Thats quite nice though i would have to paint it black to sort of fit.

Between those two choices, Corsair. The tt block is completely random. Would need to fit a specific build for me to ever use it.聽

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz聽

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q聽1920x1080@240hz

Just now, Mick Naughty said:

Between those two choices, Corsair. The tt block is completely random. Would need to fit a specific build for me to ever use it.聽

^^^ That TT block is horrid, Corsair is more bearable. IMO the Heatkiller IV is one of the best though, and EK blocks can be pretty aesthetically pleasing too.聽

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts:聽Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread

Main PC

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset聽

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads聽

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark聽

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block

Storage:聽 1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo聽

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40聽

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2聽

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x聽Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM

Display:聽LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

On 12/12/2019 at 9:15 AM, Zando Bob said:

^^^ That TT block is horrid, Corsair is more bearable. IMO the Heatkiller IV is one of the best though, and EK blocks can be pretty aesthetically pleasing too.聽

why is it horrid? i dont really understand why people hate it so much

Doesn鈥檛 look like anything that should be in a pc or related to it.聽

Another reason to wc is it to be visually pleasing. Or you can just get one from Ali express if that鈥檚 the case.聽

Some people like it though, like many ugly products. Like an msi gpu.聽

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz聽

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q聽1920x1080@240hz