Should I upgrade CPU or GPU

dainius_ramanauskas
Go to solution Solved by Paul Rudd,
43 minutes ago, dainius_ramanauskas said:

Should I upgrade CPU or GPU I want to upgrade my compuiter but can only upgrade one component right now.

You don't need to upgrade.

Upgrade your monitor, customize your graphic settings and optimize your PC.

I want to upgrade my compuiter but can only upgrade one component right now. I play mainly CS:GO with a 580 and ryzen 2600. I know counterstrike is pretty CPU intensive so I am a little confused in which to upgrade. Right now I am averaging around 140 FPS at 1600x900 and would liek to get to 200+

You should be able to get to 200 fps with that already. I got 180~200 fps on CS:GO on high 1080p with an overclocked FX-8370 and an RX 480 and by pretty much any estimate that 2600 should run circles around the poor old piledriver.

Your config now should be faster than this.

However: sure a 3600 would have better single core perf but thats only 10-15% and i guess will translate into a FPS boost of not more than 10%.

Upgrading the rig in general would be better to get a better GPU like a 5700 non XT (or XT if the $$ is there)

And if getting 3600 sell the 2600 and you can get like at least 50% of the price of the 3600 back

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

43 minutes ago, dainius_ramanauskas said:

Should I upgrade CPU or GPU I want to upgrade my compuiter but can only upgrade one component right now.

Let me guess. You play on a 60Hz  Monitor?

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

You mean RX 580, right? And not GTX 580. You really don't need to have more fps on 60Hz monitor. You don't get more frags, just bragging rights, if even that.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 12/10/2019 at 3:36 PM, Intransigent said:

Hey thanks for the help, I had muticore rendering off liek an idiot.

On 12/10/2019 at 11:26 PM, LogicalDrm said:

You mean RX 580, right? And not GTX 580. You really don't need to have more fps on 60Hz monitor. You don't get more frags, just bragging rights, if even that.

I have a 144 htz monitor, I prioritized the monitor over hardware because I play mainly csgo

On 12/10/2019 at 2:53 PM, Metallus97 said:

Your config now should be faster than this.

However: sure a 3600 would have better single core perf but thats only 10-15% and i guess will translate into a FPS boost of not more than 10%.

Upgrading the rig in general would be better to get a better GPU like a 5700 non XT (or XT if the $$ is there)

And if getting 3600 sell the 2600 and you can get like at least 50% of the price of the 3600 back

Yea, I'm kind of an idiot. multicore rendering was turned off.