Ryzen 5 2600 on b450m-a motherboard no display

Hashemdweikat

i recently built a pc with a b450m-a asus motherboard and a ryzen 5 2600 cpu along with 16 gb 3000MHz of ram and a rx 580 8gb GPU.

now i am having an issue with this pc, whenever i turn it on, the fans are spinning and everything seems to work but no display on the monitor.

i tried swithcing cables and ports i rebuilt the pc, made sure of everything connected correctly, tried onboard graphics and external graphics but still no display.

i am afraid that it is a bios issue since it may need an update but unfortunately i don,t have an older gen cpu to test this..

has anyone ever had this kind of issue before i will be happy to hear your opinions ...

That CPU has no built in GPU, so you won't get signal from it. B450 was made in a time Ryzen 2000 existed, so it will have the right BIOS for the CPU.

Plug your video cable into your GPU, ensure your monitor is set to the correct signal and try resetting the CMOS (check your motherboard manual on how to do that exactly on your board). 

Are there any LEDs turning on, on your board? More specifically any debug LEDs (typically located on the upper right side of the board)? Have you tried booting with a single stick of RAM in slot 2?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, minibois said:

That CPU has no built in GPU, so you won't get signal from it. B450 was made in a time Ryzen 2000 existed, so it will have the right BIOS for the CPU.

Plug your video cable into your GPU, ensure your monitor is set to the correct signal and try resetting the CMOS (check your motherboard manual on how to do that exactly on your board). 

Are there any LEDs turning on, on your board? More specifically any debug LEDs (typically located on the upper right side of the board)? Have you tried booting with a single stick of RAM in slot 2?

yeah the motherboard LEDs are working and i tried one stick of ram in different slots and tried the other stick as well, tried to connect using the graphics card with different ports but no display

5 minutes ago, tatte said:

Is your RAM in the QVL? Ryzen can be picky. 

i have a patriot 16 GB DDR4 3000Mhz ram dual channel isn't supposed to be supported

17 minutes ago, Hashemdweikat said:

rx 580 8gb GPU

i am afraid that it is a bios issue since it may need an update but unfortunately i don,t have an older gen cpu to test this..

I have the same GPU, and mine has a LED that tells me it's getting power. I don't know if all of them have a LED but let us know if it's on. Which GPU brand do you have, Gigabyte, MSI, XFX?

Also I don't know if you're new to pc building but is the GPU connected to the PSU?

And I don't think the BIOS is the problem here

13 minutes ago, tatte said:

Is your RAM in the QVL? Ryzen can be picky. 

It doesn't matter if the RAM is on the QVL, RAM is RAM and the computer will turn on.

Will the computer run perfectly? Probably not but it will at least turn on.

54 minutes ago, Hashemdweikat said:

dual channel isn't supposed to be supported

Where did you read that? It's actually better to use 2 RAM stick than 1 single RAM stick

56 minutes ago, Hashemdweikat said:

yeah the motherboard LEDs are working and i tried one stick of ram in different slots and tried the other stick as well, tried to connect using the graphics card with different ports but no display

Did you reset CMOS yet? 
Did the PC used to work?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

The Graphics card that i have is from msi armor edition and yeah its connected to the PSU the fans are spinning i tried to reset the CMOS but still the same issue.

2 hours ago, minibois said:

Did you reset CMOS yet? 
Did the PC used to work?

i reset it, and it's the first time to run this pc

2 hours ago, Syaoran said:

I have the same GPU, and mine has a LED that tells me it's getting power. I don't know if all of them have a LED but let us know if it's on. Which GPU brand do you have, Gigabyte, MSI, XFX?

Also I don't know if you're new to pc building but is the GPU connected to the PSU?

And I don't think the BIOS is the problem here

It doesn't matter if the RAM is on the QVL, RAM is RAM and the computer will turn on.

Where did you read that? It's actually better to use 2 RAM stick than 1 single RAM stick

sorry i meant that it is better supported to be dual channel

What shows on the monitor when you have it plugged in? Or do you get nothing at all? Have you tried changing I puts on the monitor? Have you tried all ports on the video card? Do the fans spin? Do the lights on the motherboard light up? You never answered if the RAM is on the QVL. 

As already mentioned, the BIOS won't be your issue. 

2 hours ago, Syaoran said:

it doesn't matter if the RAM is on the QVL, RAM is RAM and the computer will turn on.

That's simply incorrect. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

4 hours ago, Hashemdweikat said:

i recently built a pc with a b450m-a asus motherboard and a ryzen 5 2600 cpu along with 16 gb 3000MHz of ram and a rx 580 8gb GPU.

now i am having an issue with this pc, whenever i turn it on, the fans are spinning and everything seems to work but no display on the monitor.

i tried swithcing cables and ports i rebuilt the pc, made sure of everything connected correctly, tried onboard graphics and external graphics but still no display.

has anyone ever had this kind of issue before i will be happy to hear your opinions ...

Any beep codes? That will tell you what's wrong.

I'd suggest swapping the CPU with a known working one to get into the BIOS.  

6 hours ago, Syaoran said:

This is simply false. This was a major issue when Ryzen first launched, and as far as I know in Apple space it's still easy to stop your system from booting by giving it too fast RAM (no BIOS to enter and fix it). Please don't go "oH bUt ThE fAnS sPiN sO tHe rAm wOrKs", or babble about how YOU have never had an issue so the issue can't possibly exist... Just look it up and move on.

• 3 months later...

Did you find solution?  The same problem happens to me, it does not give me an image and I have a B450m Gigabyte, r5 2600, ram 2x8gb vengeance lpx and rx 460 2gb.  I can't get video

Pls help!! 

• 1 year later...

Try resetting bios with Ryzen APU model or Athlon 3000G and don't forget removing your GPU from your motherboard. I once had gotten my no display a320m-hdv back by using APU like 3000G to reset. Hope it work.