Best upgrade from a GTX 780 under 300$

I am looking into upgrading my graphics card. I currently have a GTX 780 and it's on an amd 8350 CPU and Asus motherboard. I am going to upgrade my other components later when I have the money but for now I just want a good gpu for my system that's not gonna break the bank and it must be Nvidia. I am looking to play 1080p games and hope to play all new titles at Max graphics setting. I can sacrifice some AA setting and other small impact on graphics settings but I want the games to look as good as possible. Thanks guys!

The RTX 2060 is pretty close to that price tag, and I have also seen many go on sale.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/RHXnTW/evga-geforce-rtx-2060-6-gb-gaming-video-card-06g-p4-2060-kr

but to go lower on MSRP you'll be looking at the 1660 ti.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

At least in my marked there are some 5700 non XTs wich are right under 300$

idd also consider used. The cards will be as good as new for the most part and at under 300$ thats a hella value! 

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

1 minute ago, nolukjustskil said:

rx 5700 i believe is the best deal. currently 299 on newegg with 3 month game pass and a free game

https://www.newegg.com/asrock-radeon-rx-5700-rx-5700-challenger-d-8g-oc/p/N82E16814930021

Boom there you go, that’s what i am talking about. It’s even a custom model so noise will be in check. DAMN i want to live in the US lol thats even nicer then EU prices lol

Just now, Metallus97 said:

Boom there you go, that’s what i am talking about. It’s even a custom model so noise will be in check. DAMN i want to live in the US lol thats even nicer then EU prices lol

yeah, i just stumbled on it and now thinking about buying it, just waiting for a question to get answered. it is sitting on the OK cooling section on the temp chart thats pinned, but from what ive seen it runs fairly good temps

5 minutes ago, nolukjustskil said:

yeah, i just stumbled on it and now thinking about buying it, just waiting for a question to get answered. it is sitting on the OK cooling section on the temp chart thats pinned, but from what ive seen it runs fairly good temps

Everything is better than the jet powered reference cards lol

And sure a Red devil or nitro+ and stuff will be better temps and maybe enable the GPU to clock a little higher. But at this price you cant complain! It will get the job done well enough 

If you're buying new and only Nvidia, GTX 1650 Super or GTX 1660 Super. Both are good cards, so it's just down to which fits your budget. The old GTX 1650, GTX 1660, and GTX 1660 Ti aren't very good values compared to the newer Super cards. And yes, it's dumb that Nvidia has 5 graphics cards in the $150-250 price range.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT | ASUS ROG Strix X470-F | 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB @3400MHz | EVGA RTX 2080S XC Ultra | EVGA GQ 650 | HP EX920 1TB / Crucial MX500 500GB / Samsung Spinpoint 1TB | Cooler Master H500M

Just now, melete said:

If you're buying new and only Nvidia, GTX 1650 Super or GTX 1660 Super. Both are good cards, so it's just down to which fits your budget. The old GTX 1650, GTX 1660, and GTX 1660 Ti aren't very good values compared to the newer Super cards. And yes, it's dumb that Nvidia has 5 graphics cards in the $150-250 price range.

Yes but as seen on Newegg the 5700 can be had for his budget and is faster than those cards 

Yes but as seen on Newegg the 5700 can be had for his budget and is faster than those cards 

OP said he only wanted an Nvidia card though.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT | ASUS ROG Strix X470-F | 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB @3400MHz | EVGA RTX 2080S XC Ultra | EVGA GQ 650 | HP EX920 1TB / Crucial MX500 500GB / Samsung Spinpoint 1TB | Cooler Master H500M

4 minutes ago, melete said:

OP said he only wanted an Nvidia card though.

I know but at this price point team green makes no sense 

Doesn't matter what makes sense. His mind is already made up. And since his mind is made up, the 1660 Super is probably his best bet for 1080p gaming under $300 right now.

MAIN PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi  CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2  GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz CL15

Case: CoolerMaster TD500 Mesh PSU: Thermaltake GF1 PE 750w Storage: 1TB Western Digital Blue 3D + 1TB Crucial P1 + 1TB ADATA XPG Gammix S11 Pro + 4TB Seagate Barracuda 5400RPM OS: Windows 10 Home

Headphones: Philips SHP9500s   Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Cherry MX Red  Displays: Gigabyte M27Q (27" 1440p 170hz IPS), Samsung UN32EH4003FXZA (32" 768p 60hz TV)

SECONDARY PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-9100F Processor  Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4-CB  CPU Cooler: Arctic Alpine 12 CO  GPU: EVGA RTX 3060 XC RAM: ADATA XPG 16GB (2x8GB) 2400Mhz CL16

Case: CyberpowerPC Onyxia  PSU: ATNG ATA-B 800w 80 Plus Bronze  Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD 5400RPM    OS: Windows 10 Home

Former parts that I've used: Acer XG270HU, Asus Dual OC 2080, Gigabyte Aorus Master 3080, Gigabyte Gaming OC 3080, EVGA XC3 Ultra 3080, EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 Ti

45 minutes ago, nolukjustskil said:

This is about asrock 5700 for 299

1 minute ago, MrBrightSyde said:

Doesn't matter what makes sense. His mind is already made up. And since his mind is made up, the 1660 Super is probably his best bet for 1080p gaming under $300 right now.

so i think and hope it’s not :) 

1 hour ago, Metallus97 said:

I have a G-Sync monitor so I have no choice if I want G-Sync

1 minute ago, Joshontech said:

I have a G-Sync monitor so I have no choice if I want G-Sync

Oh ok i see bro. Nice forcing people into the own brand lol.

But with newer monitors thats over finally!

Well then 

1 hour ago, melete said:

this man is correct

1 hour ago, MrBrightSyde said:

This is the one I was looking at. I just wanted to know others opinions on the matter. Right now with my current CPU it makes no sense to do an GPU upgrade but I cannot fork out 450$ to upgrade my system plus another 250$ or so for a graphics card.

1 minute ago, Metallus97 said:

Oh ok i see bro. Nice forcing people into the own brand lol.

But with newer monitors thats over finally!

Well then 

this man is correct

Yea unfortunately I bought the first G-Sync monitor it actually wasn't a G-Sync when I got it I actually replaced the circuit board to upgrade it to G-Sync.

4 minutes ago, Joshontech said:

Yea unfortunately I bought the first G-Sync monitor it actually wasn't a G-Sync when I got it I actually replaced the circuit board to upgrade it to G-Sync.

AH yeha bro! That asus one? I had a 780 and this monitor to... BUT did not get such a replacement board. the monitor is now sold, i am on 4k free sync and team red xd