Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
skeltalcomrade

Stealthy and Light Gaming Laptop

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello!

It's probably bad forum manners to open with such a broad question but I am a little strapped for time.

I am looking for a portable laptop I can use in college classes and also for some light gaming. My budget is around 1000 USD.

I want it to be

• able to handle esports titles like Overwatch and older games like Minecraft well
  • portable so 5lbs or less
  • stealthy and professional looking, NO SUPER GAMER AESTHETICTM P L E A S E
  • upgradeability and a good IO assortment appreciated but not required

Thank you!

This may not be an exact answer - but an idea. You asked for a stealth option and I think the Blade fits that bill - although even the base model is a bit above your price range. I just scooped a 2019 Advanced model for $1350 because it was an open box only in "good" condition at a retailer. Spent 3 minutes wiping it down and it looks 99% new. 

I mention this because you can get a lot of bang for your buck if you look around. 

That or the G3/G5 Dell laptops are more muted in terms of aesthetic. 

Cheers!

Posted · Original PosterOP
4 hours ago, para9bellum said:

This may not be an exact answer - but an idea. You asked for a stealth option and I think the Blade fits that bill - although even the base model is a bit above your price range. I just scooped a 2019 Advanced model for $1350 because it was an open box only in "good" condition at a retailer. Spent 3 minutes wiping it down and it looks 99% new. 

I mention this because you can get a lot of bang for your buck if you look around. 

That or the G3/G5 Dell laptops are more muted in terms of aesthetic. 

Cheers!

I've been looking at the Blades but I hear that their keyboard is bad. The issue I have with the G3 and G5 laptops are their weight (the ones I saw were >5lbs), girth or permanent red highlights on the keyboard or chassis.