Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
InfinityVive

Anyone noticed this in all video games that have cut-scenes?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Here's what I noticed, most likely you noticed it too...

I have noticed something really weird in all games that have cut-scenes... During the normal Gameplay when the Character gets hurt they get up again and continue going through the game normally, but when the Character gets hurt in any way during cut-scenes it either leaves permanent damage or completely kills the Character, so what I want to know, why during Gameplay getting hurt is OK but during cut-scenes when the character gets hurt they get permanent damage like in real life... Why?

story vs gameplay if they make it so you get instantly KOed if you get hit once in gameplay then they either have to make the game really easy and you rarely get hit or lots of people will get frustrated with the game and the game sells less copies. or if they make it so your character is just tanking tons of hits in cutscenes then it would make it comical and might ruin the theme of the story

1 minute ago, spartaman64 said:

story vs gameplay if they make it so you get instantly KOed if you get hit once in gameplay then they either have to make the game really easy and you rarely get hit or lots of people will get frustrated with the game and the game sells less copies

And they still call these games "realistic"

1 minute ago, InfinityVive said:

Would it be much fun if you got into a shooter game, took one bullet and died?

Probably not

Sounds like hotline miami might be up your ally though.

𝓗𝓲 𝓱𝓸𝔀 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝔂a

Just now, Slottr said:

Probably not

^^^ Exactly. If you want realism, mod out ARMA III. Realistic bullet physics, armor systems, injury systems, mobility, weight, vehicles, weapons, radios are needed to talk long range (player audio actually fades out and cuts off at a distance - this is done with TeamSpeak integration). You die in very few bullets, or just one if it hits you in the face, or you're unarmored and it's a higher caliber. You can't take shelter behind a bush or any non-solid object, bullets will still go through those as per real life. Realistic visibility and the need to properly identify targets before you open fire, and the list goes on and on and on and on. 

X58 Madlads: X58 Xeon/i7 discussion     X99 bois: X99 Xeon/i7 discussion

Big Rig (Completed) - (Current) - i7 5960X - 4.7Ghz/3.7Ghz ~ 1.3v/1.1v core/uncore - 76-78C under RealBench load- Custom Loop: 2x 360GTS with EK-ZMT/Stubbies and EK D5 pump/res combo - EVGA X99 Classified - 32GB (4x8GB) HyperX Predator DDR4 - 3200MHz CL16 - AMD Radeon VII (best TimeSpy so far: here) - 1TB 970 Evo - Corsair RM1000i - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG - 6x iPPC NF-F12 2000 - LG 25UM56-P - 25" 2560x1080 at 75Hz

Planned Rig (big rig moving to F@H and benching) - i7 5820K - whatever cooler I decide on - EVGA X99 Micro 2 - 16GB (4x4GB) EVGA SSC DDR4 - EVGA XC Ultra 1660 Ti - 250GB 960 Evo - Whatever other drives I end up running - Corsair CX550 - Fractal Design Meshify C Mini - LG 25UM56-P - 25" 2560x1080 at 75Hz

Planned X58 rig - i7 950 - NH-D15S - EVGA X58 Classified SLI 3-Way - 24GB (3x8GB) HyperX Savage Red DDR3 - 2x EVGA Classified 780s - probably a basic SSD - EVGA 1600W T2 - Fractal Design Define S - 3x NF-P12 Redux + whatever other fans I end up using

Delayed Linux Box - X5670 - Intel i7 920 stock cooler - EVGA X58 Micro - 6GB (6x1GB) Corsair DDR3 most likely - AMD Radeon WX2100 - probably a basic SSD - 600W Enhance Flex ATX PSU - Old Dell slim mATX chassis - 2-3x NF-A8 fans

I lowkey enjoy HEDT

Why do you always got something to complain about? Stories in games are generally intended to be told in a certain way (even if the games aren't exactly linear) and dying during a mission of your own accord doesn't generally follow that story, so it's technically non-canon.

Just now, handymanshandle said:

Why do you always got something to complain about? Stories in games are generally intended to be told in a certain way (even if the games aren't exactly linear) and dying during a mission of your own accord doesn't generally follow that story, so it's technically non-canon.

You mean the time my max power level friend came into a low level mission with me, then one shot the boss, forcing him into a t-pose and audio glitch for 30 seconds, wasn't canon? 

X58 Madlads: X58 Xeon/i7 discussion     X99 bois: X99 Xeon/i7 discussion

Big Rig (Completed) - (Current) - i7 5960X - 4.7Ghz/3.7Ghz ~ 1.3v/1.1v core/uncore - 76-78C under RealBench load- Custom Loop: 2x 360GTS with EK-ZMT/Stubbies and EK D5 pump/res combo - EVGA X99 Classified - 32GB (4x8GB) HyperX Predator DDR4 - 3200MHz CL16 - AMD Radeon VII (best TimeSpy so far: here) - 1TB 970 Evo - Corsair RM1000i - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG - 6x iPPC NF-F12 2000 - LG 25UM56-P - 25" 2560x1080 at 75Hz

Planned Rig (big rig moving to F@H and benching) - i7 5820K - whatever cooler I decide on - EVGA X99 Micro 2 - 16GB (4x4GB) EVGA SSC DDR4 - EVGA XC Ultra 1660 Ti - 250GB 960 Evo - Whatever other drives I end up running - Corsair CX550 - Fractal Design Meshify C Mini - LG 25UM56-P - 25" 2560x1080 at 75Hz

Planned X58 rig - i7 950 - NH-D15S - EVGA X58 Classified SLI 3-Way - 24GB (3x8GB) HyperX Savage Red DDR3 - 2x EVGA Classified 780s - probably a basic SSD - EVGA 1600W T2 - Fractal Design Define S - 3x NF-P12 Redux + whatever other fans I end up using

Delayed Linux Box - X5670 - Intel i7 920 stock cooler - EVGA X58 Micro - 6GB (6x1GB) Corsair DDR3 most likely - AMD Radeon WX2100 - probably a basic SSD - 600W Enhance Flex ATX PSU - Old Dell slim mATX chassis - 2-3x NF-A8 fans

I lowkey enjoy HEDT

3 minutes ago, InfinityVive said:

Well as mentioned above, you can only go so "realistic". The player needs to be "overpowered" to some extent and needs to feel in control, otherwise it's not fun and fun is most of the time the reason for playing a game. One life to complete the game, you get hit once and you die permanently, losing your savegame, isn't the most appealing often.

Of course there are games that are intentionally difficult, e.g. Dark Souls, Sekiro or that add "Ultra Nightmare" difficulty such as Doom. These games/modes may make you want to destroy everything in your house, but their fun in their own way because it's how they were intendend.

16 minutes ago, InfinityVive said:

why during Gameplay getting hurt is OK but during cut-scenes when the character gets hurt they get permanent damage like in real life

There's actually a term for this: ludonarrative disonnance. The Uncharted and rebooted Tomb Raider series suffer famously from this. The character gets impaled and is crippled, yet just "walks it off" once the player gets back control, or the character is shown to dislike guns and killing, but seconds later channels their inner Rambo and murders hordes of people as if they took your last donut.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | Storage: 250 GB Crucial BX100 SSD + 2 TB Seagate HDD + 1TB WD Green + 3TB WD Red | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9360 | CPU: i5 7200U | RAM: 8 GB

22 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Probably not

Sounds like hotline miami might be up your ally though.

it would be really terrifying Like my experience in ARMA 1 and 2 and Rainbow 6 siege

1 hour ago, InfinityVive said:

Here's what I noticed, most likely you noticed it too...

I have noticed something really weird in all games that have cut-scenes... During the normal Gameplay when the Character gets hurt they get up again and continue going through the game normally, but when the Character gets hurt in any way during cut-scenes it either leaves permanent damage or completely kills the Character, so what I want to know, why during Gameplay getting hurt is OK but during cut-scenes when the character gets hurt they get permanent damage like in real life... Why?

I don't want to play any game where I die first hit

Play some Bushido Blade? You can easily die with one swing 

The pursuit of knowledge for the sake of knowledge.

Forever in search of my reason to exist.