Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Not Wills

Cheap tripods legs.

Posted · Original PosterOP

I am looking for Tripod legs for less that 20 pounds. Make sure I can buy and get it in the UK.dfsdfasdfasdfadsfasdf.thumb.png.4ae5085b936b732c91a9a01c927966ff.png

5 minutes ago, Techno Edition said:

I am looking for Tripod legs for less that 20 pounds. Make sure I can buy and get it in the UK.dfsdfasdfasdfadsfasdf.thumb.png.4ae5085b936b732c91a9a01c927966ff.png

nice illustration really helped me understand what you wanted

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

Just now, scuff gang said:

nice illustration really helped me understand what you wanted

I wants tripod legs with 1/4 inch mount

Just now, Techno Edition said:

I wants tripod legs with 1/4 inch mount

what height range?

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

5 minutes ago, scuff gang said:

what height range?

a min height of 85 cm when extended 

a max compacted height of 50cm

a max price of 25 British pounds

9 hours ago, Techno Edition said:

Untitled.thumb.png.e1aaf4c381039197a4518a7b3a099987.png

What cameras and lens will you be using on it? Anything heavier than a cell phone and just forget about it. Any tripod you get for 25 pounds is not going to help. 

2 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

What cameras and lens will you be using on it? Anything heavier than a cell phone and just forget about it. Any tripod you get for 25 pounds is not going to help. 

2.5KG of dslr camera

ah.... I can't really help with this, I would never spend that little on a camera setup that heavy. what cam / lens are you using?

Mine weighs in at just shy of 3kg and i use a £500 Carbon Manfrotto tripod, that way it is light weight and sturdy. If i'm out and about depending on environmentals, i will add my sack to the hook and put some rocks / sand in it just for extra stability.

5 hours ago, UrbanFreestyle said:

ah.... I can't really help with this, I would never spend that little on a camera setup that heavy. what cam / lens are you using?

Mine weighs in at just shy of 3kg and i use a £500 Carbon Manfrotto tripod, that way it is light weight and sturdy. If i'm out and about depending on environmentals, i will add my sack to the hook and put some rocks / sand in it just for extra stability.

And it's not just the breeze to worry about. The second the OP touches the shutter, the whole thing will shake. I use a carbon fiber sirui, would never go back to aluminum or steel. (wood is another story, would love a riess, but spent too much on the cameras) 

The only way you will getting usable legs for that price is either by drawing them, or buying an old used set. Look for manfrotto 190 or 055, sometimes a cheap old set will crop up on the bay of fleas, or at a boot sale etc. Otherwise you will need to save up a couple of hundred, probably double that post brext.

19 minutes ago, Phill104 said:

...bay of fleas...

I like that!

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Sturdy, not lightweight.

A lightweight cheap tripod will fall over the wreck your expensive camera.

Sturdy, always sturdy.

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Get the Manfrotto Compact Advanced for 50 pound-ish

I doubt that you can find anything remotely reliable for 25

Do not buy a cheap tripod. I repeat. DO NOT buy a cheap tripod

It might seem silly but remember that the tripod is what your potentially very expensive camera setup is sitting on. If it topples over in a light breeze or falls apart, then you'd be looking at either a large repair bill or a whole new camera. 

My advice? Save up a little more and buy something sturdy. Good tripods last a long ass time if they're well cared for and it also comes with the confidence that it won't topple over if the winds hit. 

Please tag me if you need assistance or if you want me to contribute to a topic 

ASUS RoG STRIX GL502VM

Intel Core i7 7700HQ | GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB DDR4-2133 | 128GB SanDisk M.2 SATA SSD + 1TB 7200RPM Hitachi HDD | 15.6" 1080p IPS monitor @ 60Hz w/ G-SYNC | Windows 10 64-bit

Samsung Galaxy Note8 SM-N950F

Exynos 8895 (4x Mongoose @ 2.3GHz, 4x Cortex A53 @ 1.7GHz)ARM Mali G71 MP20 | 6GB LPDDR4 | 64GB Samsung NAND flash w/ UFS 2.1 dual-lane controller + 128GB SanDisk C10 UHS-I microSD | 6.3" 1440p "Infinity Display" AMOLED | Android Nougat 7.1.1 w/ Samsung Experience 8.5

1 hour ago, D13H4RD said:

Do not buy a cheap tripod. I repeat. DO NOT buy a cheap tripod

It might seem silly but remember that the tripod is what your potentially very expensive camera setup is sitting on. If it topples over in a light breeze or falls apart, then you'd be looking at either a large repair bill or a whole new camera. 

My advice? Save up a little more and buy something sturdy. Good tripods last a long ass time if they're well cared for and it also comes with the confidence that it won't topple over if the winds hit. 

Winds will topple any tripod, just look at Ben Horne on YouTube. Very strong overbuilt tripods and twice he dumped his 8x10 cameras, an ebony and a Richard Ritter if I recall. The key is be smart, don't walk away from your tripod. (and yes, he had the center column weighted down with sandbags. 

Cheap tripods vibrate and are useless for stability. 

26 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

Winds will topple any tripod, just look at Ben Horne on YouTube. Very strong overbuilt tripods and twice he dumped his 8x10 cameras, an ebony and a Richard Ritter if I recall. The key is be smart, don't walk away from your tripod. (and yes, he had the center column weighted down with sandbags. 

Cheap tripods vibrate and are useless for stability. 

Regardless, I still wouldn't buy a tripod that's so flimsy, the electronic level would never ever stay still even in calm conditions. 

That's just asking for trouble especially if it visibly shakes when you're just touching the camera. It's also why I'm not fond of tripods where 40% of its maximum height comes from the center column.

IMO, OP should be saving up a little more and getting a tripod that is going to handle his setup fine and is known to be sturdy and reliable. 

Please tag me if you need assistance or if you want me to contribute to a topic 

ASUS RoG STRIX GL502VM

Intel Core i7 7700HQ | GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB DDR4-2133 | 128GB SanDisk M.2 SATA SSD + 1TB 7200RPM Hitachi HDD | 15.6" 1080p IPS monitor @ 60Hz w/ G-SYNC | Windows 10 64-bit

Samsung Galaxy Note8 SM-N950F

Exynos 8895 (4x Mongoose @ 2.3GHz, 4x Cortex A53 @ 1.7GHz)ARM Mali G71 MP20 | 6GB LPDDR4 | 64GB Samsung NAND flash w/ UFS 2.1 dual-lane controller + 128GB SanDisk C10 UHS-I microSD | 6.3" 1440p "Infinity Display" AMOLED | Android Nougat 7.1.1 w/ Samsung Experience 8.5